• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i guess you can't film the police?

Aknazer

ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Stainless1911 was correct to remove his original post and no one should have commented on it further. We do not condone not allow such discussions here.

This reminds me of the movie V for Vendetta where the kid gets shot by a cop

Edited to show that what I had originally quoted was what was removed.

Last edited:

usamarshal

I personally witnessed today the attitude of an officer that leads to this kind of garbage. He was basically being called to account for how he treated an OCer, his wife, and two small children. Present were the IA detective, the three officers present at the stop, the carrier, his family, and six members of ALOC (including me). The IA detective was appropriately indignant at the actions of the officers, but I thought he could have gone farther in his promises about what his officers will no longer do. The sergeant, first on the scene with his rifle at the ready, was ignorant at the time, but came off as willing to learn and change. One of the young officers was silent. He was listening and keeping his young and foolish yap shut, a wise move.

One of the officers was defensive and actually tried to cross-examine the wronged carrier. He is the kind of officer that I fear will someday use physical force to enforce what he believes he should be able to enforce as a LEO.

The IA detective snapped his finger, and the young officer shut up. It was astounding to watch. The young officer started in a few minutes later, was sent to another room with the sergeant. The IA detective followed shortly. After a while, the detective brought the carrier and his wife in. I expect the officer was appropriately apologetic. I wasn't in that room, so I don't know, and I didn't ask.

Like I said, I worry about what that officer will do someday.

Its amazing that officers like that don't understand the laws they are supposed to uphold. Just because you think something is wrong doesn't mean it is. Just like standing in your driveway or another neighbors driveway with a camera.

Aknazer

Wow, for such a short thread... there sure are a lot of 'Admin edits'.... :eek:

Someone made an inappropriate comment, but then deleted it before any comments were made about it. Then someone who saw the original post before it was deleted decided to comment on the inappropriate and now deleted post. This led to more people commenting on the inappropriate post. Once the admin saw the thread he removed all posts and quotes that talk about the inappropriate post.

sfmiller08

what is it with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police. Ive read a few articles in the past few days about controversies with LVPD in shooting incidents. Granted these incidents are a few years old. Still makes you wonder though. And even the Officer Collins who beat this guy was responsible for two fatal shootings

Blk97F150

Someone made an inappropriate comment, but then deleted it before any comments were made about it. Then someone who saw the original post before it was deleted decided to comment on the inappropriate and now deleted post. This led to more people commenting on the inappropriate post. Once the admin saw the thread he removed all posts and quotes that talk about the inappropriate post.

Yeah... I gathered all that. Thanks for the play by play though... :D