• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick answer

neuroblades

I was planning on it as i did it blindly last time. better safe then dead. I carry back in Ohio and the churches i go to the pastors know that i carry every where and wont go some where that guns aren't welcome. I believe it is my job to protect my family, so if you think it is irresponsible and hang a sign, all that says to me is " your money is no good here." or "Go some where else, we don't need you people here."
Carry on!

Believe it or not, this is actually a very hot button issue. *LOL* I started a thread on this same topic and it got a bit heated, not by any issue of law but with personal points of view. But this is still America and God love us, the 1st Amendment still reigns supreme. :) We can all get a bit heated at times I guess, it's how we handle ourselves in those times that determine what kind of person we really are. *LOL*

Here's that thread I spoke of:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80726-Carrying-In-Church&highlight=church+carry

Personally, I'm all for discreet, concealed carry exclusively. I don't think that open carry in church is a respectful thing to do but that's just me. A lot of folks don't like that POV though.

Last edited: