• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cops (4/23/11)

WwRGSwW

On the recent episode of cops that aired on Saturday, the 2nd clip was of a man having a argument with his neighbors about a dog. However, this man is carrying his pistol openly on his own property (He may of left his property at one point idk) This guy doesnt sound sane to me anyway.

however the reason I am posting this, is the cop uses the famous "This isnt the wild west" excuse. Neglecting to point out, that it is legal to OC on your own property.

The guy ended up with nothing happening. *They ran the serial number and that was it*

if you happen to of caught it, share your views. IT just concerns me of what might happen come HB517/SB234

This was hillsborough county sheriff

mister45

On the recent episode of cops that aired on Saturday, the 2nd clip was of a man having a argument with his neighbors about a dog. However, this man is carrying his pistol openly on his own property (He may of left his property at one point idk) This guy doesnt sound sane to me anyway.

however the reason I am posting this, is the cop uses the famous "This isnt the wild west" excuse. Neglecting to point out, that it is legal to OC on your own property.

The guy ended up with nothing happening. *They ran the serial number and that was it*

if you happen to of caught it, share your views. IT just concerns me of what might happen come HB517/SB234

This was hillsborough county sheriff

Do you mean between the cops and the person carrying or just in general...?
Cause in General this has happened before and since everyone is legally entitled to carry openly on their own land
this has happened and will happen again and again, If you mean will things get worse between the LEO's of a place and those that carry...once the law passes, There are some on both sides that will try to push or cause issues and those that will do it with respect and honor... People have always been this way and will never change. Carry with respect openly or concealed and no one will go wrong...

Kingfish

I saw the episode. The gentleman gave consent to remove the firearm (and probably to run the numbers.) The cop initially asked for ID (he was a suspect of a crime) and told him to get it out without going near the firearm. I don't know for sure that the cop would have disarmed without consent. Although, the guy did not appear quite right.

He was OCing a full size gun in an ill-fitting open top nylon holster on a thin belt while wearing sweat pant type pants.

Rich7553

There's a big difference between OC'ing on your own property and what this ************ did. He armed up and went over to confront the neighbors. Whether or not he was on his own property became less important than his rather thinly veiled attempt to intimidate his neighbors. He was not potentially in fear of his life, he was using his weapon to give leverage to his argument. This was not a homeowner who had a stranger on his property. This was a violation of 790.10 F.S., Improper Exhibition of a Firearm, and he should have been charged.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Leo's in floriDa actually have the legal authority to disarm u to check if a firearm is stolen???? That would never fly n ky where open carry is a right protected by
Our state constitution, we even have laws that forbid leo's from doing so.

Kingfish

Leo's in floriDa actually have the legal authority to disarm u to check if a firearm is stolen???? That would never fly n ky where open carry is a right protected by
Our state constitution, we even have laws that forbid leo's from doing so.
He gave consent to be disarmed...I don't remember his exact words but he basically said they could do anything they wanted.

WwRGSwW

Like I said, the guy seemed like an Idiot, and I did not agree with him, however I did not like how the cops were approaching it and their attitude.

Kingfish

Like I said, the guy seemed like an Idiot, and I did not agree with him, however I did not like how the cops were approaching it and their attitude.
Again, he CONSENTED. And OC is unlawful in FL...The only reason the cop could come up with was what he has heard in the news as to why it is unlawful.

When the cops approached him the cop even said he needed to see his ID and to get it without reaching for the weapon. The cop did not disarm him until the guy said the cop could have the gun.