View Poll Results: Should I disarm if asked?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Just do.

1 9.09%
  • No Stand up for yourr rights

10 90.91%

Thread: To take a stand or not....

To take a stand or not....

I have to get up with an local city LEO for a police report soon.
    This one pituclar officer always ask people to disarm simply to talk to him. My last conversation with him went like this: (And I have it recorded)

ME: Yeah I called, That watermanin sticking up in the road there, Im armed by the way..
    [ YES Ik I have no legal obligation to tell a LEO I am OC but I exstended the curtosy]
    COP: (Cuts in) Why, Why do you have a gun? Are you a cop or somthing?
    ME: Just becuase I can....
    COP: Put the gun in the car.
    So should I stand on pricable this next time if he ask me to disarm and tell him I would rather not that I am legally carrying for the purpose of personal protection and do not fell like I have to give up that right and risk a detainment?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

The decision as to whether or not you should stand your ground and face the complete PITA of being roughed up and taken to jail has to lie with you and you alone. Trust me it sucks whether you did anything wrong or not.

However I will say that if I'm just passing by, or if I call to simply point out a road hazard like you did then there is, in the first case, no obligation to converse or interact (as there would be in a traffic or terry stop), and in the second no conversation is necessary beyond "Hey yeah it's over there". So in either of those types of cases I will neither voluntarily disarm at the whim of an LEO or physically resist. Clear, articulate, and calm "mere remonstrations" are important if they decide not to let you walk.

Just don't unnecessarily put yourself in positions where you are exposed to a terry stop.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

I know I'm going to catch flack over what I'm about to say but this is MY personal opinion. I honestly have no problem disarming for a LEO. I have only had to do it once. But the up side of this is in my job I have made a few LEO disarm as well. That's always a fun task. LOL Have all so taken a chiefs cell phone. So I have to say it's a decision you have to make for what makes you feel comfortable.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    I know I'm going to catch flack over what I'm about to say but this is MY personal opinion. I honestly have no problem disarming for a LEO. I have only had to do it once. But the up side of this is in my job I have made a few LEO disarm as well. That's always a fun task. LOL Have all so taken a chiefs cell phone. So I have to say it's a decision you have to make for what makes you feel comfortable.
    LMAO And what do you do?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post
    LMAO And what do you do?
    It's classified if I told you I'd have to do things we both don't want. LOL I work security at Federal Buildings. I get to do what LEO's can't do. Carry a firearm in a Federal Building.

Cool

Im going to be as vuage about this as possibel, I have carried in a federal building before.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Im going to be as vuage about this as possibel, I have carried in a federal building before.
    legally?

Yes
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

So have I... Legally... Several times...

Actually, I've fired several firearms in a federal building several times as well...

Top that...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Actually, I've fired several firearms in a federal building several times as well...

Top that...
    Millitary base I presume? Otherwise no I cant top it
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Top that...
    I saw a guy on tv once fire into a federal building several times...lol. Does that count...haha. Not sure if his name was Bruce Willis or Jason Bourne but I seen it.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

Top that...
    Well I hope I never have to fire my weapon in a Federal Building because that means some bad **** just happened. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    I saw a guy on tv once fire into a federal building several times...lol. Does that count...haha. Not sure if his name was Bruce Willis or Jason Bourne but I seen it.
    It was Bruce Willis, Bourne's a bad ass he dosnt need to shoot anyone he just kicks the crap out of them
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Millitary base I presume? Otherwise no I cant top it
    FBI's range at Quantico. Testing body armor while employed as a DOJ contractor...

And no, we didn't use "live subjects" to test the body armor, just a LOT of ballistic clay and gelatine...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Top that...
    I fired a full auto in a federal building once.

1st off, next time you talk with this cop, DON'T TELL HIM YOU ARE OCing!!! if he notices it and tells you to put it away, simply ask why. then go from there