• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nice job, AZCDL

mzbk2l

I don't have any data to support this, but I have to think that the incredibly helpful legislator contact page on your website is largely responsible for this discrepancy:

Senate Bill 1201, the firearms "omnibus" measures, received 736 contacts in favor and 84 against.

From this azcentral article about the status of bills on the desk of the governor: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/04/24/20110424jan-brewer-168-bills.html

Thanks for making it easy for us to add our support to the continuing effort to protect and expand our rights.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Will Governor Jan Brewer sign it?

I don't have any data to support this, but I have to think that the incredibly helpful legislator contact page on your website is largely responsible for this discrepancy:

From this azcentral article about the status of bills on the desk of the governor: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/04/24/20110424jan-brewer-168-bills.html

Thanks for making it easy for us to add our support to the continuing effort to protect and expand our rights.

Jan has started to go a bit wobbley on us of late. The question is, will she sign 1201?

azcdlfred

Jan has started to go a bit wobbley on us of late. The question is, will she sign 1201?
A couple of weeks ago I would have said there was no doubt. But after she vetoed a watered down version of Campus Carry using weak arguments, it now depends on how much pressure she gets to sign the bill - from gun owners.

She still has one week to make a decion and everyone reading this message still has one week to get engaged in the process. Your letter is waiting for you to send to the governor at AzCDL's Action Center.

You snooze and we all lose.

Fred

Sonora Rebel

Government Disarmament
www.youtube.com Tucson City Council member Steve Kozachik, a Republican, responds to the passage of Arizona Senate Bill 1201, Firearms Omnibus. Kozachik considers it an unfunded mandate.

GunBurger - Tucson, AZ "Steve sent out an alert to everyone on his email address list on April 15th through Change.org, a progressive activist social networking site, asking constituents to send a note to the Arizona legislature and to the Governor telling them to... back off. In his Petition, he complains about the state preempting city authority on firearm issues.Hey Steve, the legislature isn't preempting the City, the Arizona Constitution already does that. The City of Tucson just likes to ignore that intrusive Section in the Declaration of Rights.

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired..." Az Constitution, Article II, Section 26"

Posted by Ken

Looks like Kozachik is another RINO... or worse. UofA influence much?

Dahwg

It's only an unfunded mandate if they want to strip us of our Article 2 rights.

It costs little to no money to take the signs down. Heck, if he wants the signs taken down at city hall, I'll do it for free.