Thread: Move this Forum

Move this Forum

Why not move the Washington, DC thread from the states section to the US Territory section where it belongs?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Eleanor Holmes Norton is gonna be mad at you! Good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Eleanor Holmes Norton is gonna be mad at you! Good idea though.
    Why would I care if the congressional observer from the Federal District is mad at me?

(I have a representative in the Congress and the Senate, she does not.)
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

That is a good point. It is not a state. Other than state of confusion and chaos.

I was under the impression that guns aren't allowed in DC,outside of the home, so why is there an OC thread for DC? OC =Arrested no?
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by WOD View Post
    I was under the impression that guns aren't allowed in DC,outside of the home, so why is there an OC thread for DC? OC =Arrested no?
    The raison d'etre of this forum, its point is to advocate for expansion of the right to openly carry a gun. The long gun prohibition is even set aside for Kalifornistan as a legal route to gun carry.

On topic, I think that moving DC to the Territories would be a good idea and maybe, distantly, a thumb in EH-N's already black-eye.

The obvious often escapes us. DC is not a state... therefore it rightfully belongs in the U.S. possessions and territories category.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 03-12-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Then, those in the Territories and Possessions would also complain. How about creating a new section, DISTRICTS, to provide for what it is?

If DC wants to be a state so bad we just need to get Congress to give it back to the State it belonged to. Virginia took their part back, Maryland should be required to take theirs back. DC Statehood, problem solved.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

The existing 50 UNITED States of America have 100 elected Senators representing their sovereign, federated interests in the Union headquartered in Washington, the District of Columbia.

The admission of any new additional state, or states into the Union is subject to the consent of a minimum of at least 38 states represented by the unanimous vote of their 2 respective Senators. Since the U.S. Constitution governing the UNITED several states requires that 3/4 of the existing states ratify ANY amendment to the Constitution - admission to that very Union necessarily requires the same 3/4 consenting approval.

The former President John Quincy Adams , and subsequent member of the House of Representatives so argued in 1845 against the admission of Texas into the Union by a mere Joint Resolution of Congress.

Otherwise a cabal of like-minded states could achieve political dominance by conspiring to admit new states sympathetic to their agenda - thus threatening the very fragile, and tenuous alliance enjoyed by the Union.

Washington, the District of Columbia can never be admitted as a state because it exists by definition as the very seat of government for the already existing 50 United States of America.

Accordingly, this is why many citizens of the Republic of Texas still very seriously entertain the notion of withdrawing their participation in that Union at some point in time.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 04-05-2012 at 06:42 PM.