• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woodbridge/Dumfries OC Dinner at Uncle Julio's May 13th, 2011 7:00pm

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
Woodbridge/Dumfries OC Dinner 7:00pm on May 13th Uncle Julio's mexican restaurant at:

Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center
14900 Potomac Town Place Suite 150
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Phone number: 703.763.7322

It is in the same center as Wegman's Foods.

I have eaten and OC'd here several times, and we had our July celebration at this location. EVERYONE is welcome, and please come if you can!

You can see the menu here if you have never eaten here before.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Most likely count me +2. I should be back in circulation by then.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Bump.

Is it still on? Any more takers? I haven't been to Uncle Julio's since the July 1 celebration.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
Met someone -

I met someone in Wal-Mart Dumfries the other day open carrying a SIG. He did not know about OCDO, so I told him about it, and invited him to the dinner. He said he would be there... :banana:

PeteXD

I'm trying to weasel my friends to coming along and OCing. The one friend seems ok with the idea but the other thinks you are all "crazy rednecks" and most likely won't come.

If I can get one of my friends to come then I'll be there and will look forward to meeting you folks!

Pete

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'm trying to weasel my friends to coming along and OCing. The one friend seems ok with the idea but the other thinks you are all "crazy rednecks" and most likely won't come.

If I can get one of my friends to come then I'll be there and will look forward to meeting you folks!

Pete

Come even if they don't. You'll meet new friends, and they'll be left out.

PeteXD

But how does one convince a friend that this group of people isn't all "old, fat, crazy, redneck men"? lmao

Personally I think my friend is the crazy one lol. He just LOVES to tell EVERYBODY about his newest gun or accessory lol.

Yeah, I'll probably still be there. Depends on what else is going on.

Pete

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Joe, I hate to say it, but it looks like we're going to have to pass.

I'm recovering from surgery. Went back to work this week, but including today I've been unable to stay awake past 7 PM (many days, even with a nap). I'm not recovered enough yet.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
But how does one convince a friend that this group of people isn't all "old, fat, crazy, redneck men"? lmao

Personally I think my friend is the crazy one lol. He just LOVES to tell EVERYBODY about his newest gun or accessory lol.

Yeah, I'll probably still be there. Depends on what else is going on.

Pete

'Cause I'm an old fat white redneck woman??? Okay, maybe light on "redneck" - but it sure fits sometimes.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
Joe, I hate to say it, but it looks like we're going to have to pass.

I'm recovering from surgery. Went back to work this week, but including today I've been unable to stay awake past 7 PM (many days, even with a nap). I'm not recovered enough yet.

Going to miss ya, Tess! Wishing you a speedy recovery as well. See ya next time..

Joe

KiltedRonin

I plan on being there.. by myself.. but want to make some new friends. so me my self and I ;) how many are showing up? and where are we meeting? I plan on coming down a little early and seeing if there is anything interesting to shop for in the area.

Last edited:

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
Oops!

Well, I flopped.. I need to use EVITE like Ed does, I guess.. :banghead:

I think the cost was a factor too.. they are a little on the expensive side..

I have 20% off coupons for Charbroil Grill if anyone is interested in a Thursday OC dinner?

Otherwise, I will search for less expensive alternatives..

KiltedRonin

I was stuck in traffic, got down there about 1945 and figured I was too late.. went to a great charity event in Manassas that my friends from Handmade tattoo do on Friday the 13th (twice a year) for Wounded warrior's fund. Dunno how many showed or how many I missed, that traffic sucked... "how do you make a DC driver worse? ... just add water"

blade10

Unfortunately the job I have (which I actually really like!) makes it hard to predict what time I will be home. I didnt get home till almost 9pm, so I figured it would be over.

Charbroil is good food. For those that havent been, its a buffet with unlimited grilled meats. As long as your "salt and pepper shaker" is turned green side up the endless meats are brought to your table fresh from the grill and carved in front of you. If you like something cooked to order its no problem but might take them a few minutes. (IMO, just about everything is served about medium unless requested.)

Let us know - I should be able to come as long as I get home int time.

zoom6zoom

Sorry, the timing was just wrong for me. I'm doing a lot of traveling the next few weeks. If I've had to drive down to Richmond and back, on top of an eight hour customer visit, I only have one thing in mind when I make it home.