• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD 45 mag pouch

Brion

Anyone have a decent mag pouch for XD .45 ACP?

I'm looking for something that will also hold the mag and the sleeve that makes my pistol have a fullsize grip. And in a perfect world it would be without a strap but still hold onto the mag real well. Much like the stock Springfield mag holster, minus the V shape.

KSelig

I had one of these and it worked really well.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/magnamagdoublepistolmagpouch.aspx

Its designed to go on MOLLE gear, but you can put it on your belt just as easily. I had single stack 1911 mags in it, and the magnet was strong enough to even hold them in without the strap if you turned it upside down. They do make them in black as well.

They also come in single and triple mag configurations.

After using it, I don't see any problems arising from the grip extension on the XD. I'm actually thinking of getting another one myself for when I carry my XD40 or my 92FS.

Brion

I wonder. If I have this on my 9 o'clock possition, and say my cell phone is in my pocket. Would that cause issues?

KSelig

The main retention for the magazines is the magnet but it does have velcro flaps that can cover the mags if you're doing some really rigorous activity (like jumping out of planes). With everyday activities, and especially with double stack mags, I doubt you'd ever need the velcro flaps, but they're nice to have and they velcro out of the way when not in use.

When I wore mine I never had an issue with my cell phone. I would suggest keeping credit cards away from it though. The only time I ran into an issue with the mag pouch was Army related. I had it positioned high on my vest, kind of over my heart. At night, I needed to bring my compass in a lot closer to accurately see where I was going, but the magnet threw the compass off. If you don't plan on using a compass while its attached to your chest, I don't think you'll have an issue.

Brion

Cools beans. I'll take a look but the magnet is making it a little..."ehhh" but I'd have to see. Thanks for the input.

Anyone els got some decent magazines out there that will hold XD .45 ACP. The reason I'm here is I bought a leather double mag pouch and it was a two handed ordeal to get a mag out of it in order to change mags. Needless to say I returned it. Immagine a SHTF moment and I've got to duck behind a barrier, put down/holster my weapon just to get a mag out of it's pouch.

rotorhead

I always suggest this idea I first heard about here on the board some time ago. Wish I could remember who came up with it so I could give due credit, but...

If you have an old Gerber/ Buck/ Leatherman/ whatever brand nylon knife case laying around, they make the perfect cheap (inexpensive) magazine holders. I carry an extra magazine in one of my old Gerber knife cases. The mag fits in there perfectly and it looks like a simple knife case to anyone who sees it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Blackhawk has nice retention mag pouches. I have one for a 1911 mag and one for an FNP40 mag, they do make one that will fit the XD45.

silver

I had one of these and it worked really well.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/magnamagdoublepistolmagpouch.aspx

Its designed to go on MOLLE gear, but you can put it on your belt just as easily. I had single stack 1911 mags in it, and the magnet was strong enough to even hold them in without the strap if you turned it upside down. They do make them in black as well.

They also come in single and triple mag configurations.

After using it, I don't see any problems arising from the grip extension on the XD. I'm actually thinking of getting another one myself for when I carry my XD40 or my 92FS.

The magnet is only useful on steel mags though. Any stainless steel magazine wont be attracted to the magnet because they have no (or very little) iron in them.

Aknazer

I have the Blade Talon located here:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/blade-tech-double-magazine-carrier-xd-45.html

Its adjustable and it holds my XDm-40 mags just fine. After putting in my XD-9SC mags with the extender the extender fits fine so long as they face opposite directions with the bulky part of the extender facing away from the other mag. Now the 9mm mags are "slightly" narrower than my XDm-40 mags (in depth, and such a small amount that you can't tell just by looking at them), but the thing also has a single screw that allows you to control the tension. So I'm sure XD45 mags would be fine (besides, the one I linked to states its for the XD45). It also has the 3 screws in the back so that you can change out the way it attaches to your person (for example mine came with the "Tek-Lok" attachment from blade tech, but i switched it to the blackhawk paddle attachment just to see if it would work and it worked perfectly) if you don't like the original attachment style or you want to control the angle they're at.

My only issue is that I have a hard enough time just concealing my gun given my body size and clothes, so currently I'm unable to reasonibly conceal any spare mags w/o just putting them into a pocket. But that isn't an issue with the mag pouch, it's with my current wardrobe.

M

mattwestm

I have the Blade Talon located here:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/blade-tech-double-magazine-carrier-xd-45.html

Its adjustable and it holds my XDm-40 mags just fine. After putting in my XD-9SC mags with the extender the extender fits fine so long as they face opposite directions with the bulky part of the extender facing away from the other mag. Now the 9mm mags are "slightly" narrower than my XDm-40 mags (in depth, and such a small amount that you can't tell just by looking at them), but the thing also has a single screw that allows you to control the tension. So I'm sure XD45 mags would be fine (besides, the one I linked to states its for the XD45). It also has the 3 screws in the back so that you can change out the way it attaches to your person (for example mine came with the "Tek-Lok" attachment from blade tech, but i switched it to the blackhawk paddle attachment just to see if it would work and it worked perfectly) if you don't like the original attachment style or you want to control the angle they're at.

My only issue is that I have a hard enough time just concealing my gun given my body size and clothes, so currently I'm unable to reasonibly conceal any spare mags w/o just putting them into a pocket. But that isn't an issue with the mag pouch, it's with my current wardrobe.

I second the Blade-Tech mag pouches. I've got several of their holsters and mag pouches. Really well made. They offer custom hand-made molded ones (expensive) or cheaper pre-made ones. The pre-made ones are just fine for me.