• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Sen. Luther Olsen

dinwi

Hi Guys & Gals,
Just a quick note. The other day I was a little po'd regarding the legislature taking up the deer hunting issue, so I emailed off a couple of nastygrams to my representatives.

Here's what I got back from my senator. Haven't heard from my rep.

Hi Dave:

Senator Pam Galloway is drafting the conceal carry legislation. I will support conceal carry but I haven’t decided if I support “shall” carry or constitutional carry. The voter I.D. bill was taken up in the Senate when the Democrats were in Illinois. The bill has a fiscal estimate which means that we needed a quorum to pass it. We will be taking it up again in the near future.

Luther Olsen

Here's what I sent:

Dear Senator Olsen,

So, deer hunting is more important than our safety? I think the Senate & Legislature needs to take a look at their priorities.

We need to pass Constitutional Concealed Carry, and Voter ID without further delay.

We (your constituents) were told that no other legislation would be considered till the budget battles were complete. We are tired of waiting. If deer hunting legislation can be take up, so can concealed carry and voter ID.

I understand you are up for a recall election. I have been a faithful supporter of yours through the years, even though the several times I have emailed your office I never received a reply.

Please respond, and let me know your intentions regarding Concealed Carry and Voter ID, so I can better decide who to assist in the upcoming recall election.

AaronS

Hi Guys & Gals,
Just a quick note. The other day I was a little po'd regarding the legislature taking up the deer hunting issue, so I emailed off a couple of nastygrams to my representatives.

Hi Dave:

Senator Pam Galloway is drafting the conceal carry legislation. I will support conceal carry but I haven’t decided if I support “shall” carry or constitutional carry. The voter I.D. bill was taken up in the Senate when the Democrats were in Illinois. The bill has a fiscal estimate which means that we needed a quorum to pass it. We will be taking it up again in the near future.

Luther Olsen

Here's what I sent:

Dear Senator Olsen,

So, deer hunting is more important than our safety? I think the Senate & Legislature needs to take a look at their priorities.

We need to pass Constitutional Concealed Carry, and Voter ID without further delay.

We (your constituents) were told that no other legislation would be considered till the budget battles were complete. We are tired of waiting. If deer hunting legislation can be take up, so can concealed carry and voter ID.

I understand you are up for a recall election. I have been a faithful supporter of yours through the years, even though the several times I have emailed your office I never received a reply.

Please respond, and let me know your intentions regarding Concealed Carry and Voter ID, so I can better decide who to assist in the upcoming recall election.

Hey a new(ish) member. Hello!

Just wanted to say thanks for sending out your letters. It's nice to see a new(ish) member jumping in, and working to see our rights returned.
Keep it up. I think all of our work will pay off (someday).

Thanks again,

Aaron

dinwi

Hi

Hi ArronS,
Been a long time lurker, and decided I needed to support the group actually doing things (events, legal work, etc.) so I became a member of WCI a couple of months ago.

Seems to be the ONLY group out there who actually walks the walk. Lots of others groups out there, but all I get from them is blah blah blah blah...
No actions, just words.

Truly wish i'd win the lotto so I could donate a million bucks...

Dave

blaze

Hi Guys & Gals,

Hi Dave:

Luther Olsen

Here's what I sent:

Dear Senator Olsen,

Conceal Carry is not going to be taken up until after the recall elections. The deer hunting bill is a very non confrontational bill that both sides will benefit from upon passage.

The Conceal Carry debate is so politically charged that trying to push a bill through before the recall elections wil only benefit the liberals in a very positive way. Nastygrams are not the answer.

If Sen. Olsen and a few other Repub Senators are picked off in the recall elections, you will not have to worry about Conceal Carry as it will not happen for years, not months.

HandyHamlet

If Sen. Olsen and a few other Repub Senators are picked off in the recall elections, you will not have to worry about Conceal Carry as it will not happen for years, not months.

What's with the negative waves so early in the morning?

Wirch is up for recall and I could not be happier. Hell, instead of all the doom and gloom I'm gonna go dancing in the street! It's not often I get to legally vote so many times in one year.

oak1971

Conceal Carry is not going to be taken up until after the recall elections. The deer hunting bill is a very non confrontational bill that both sides will benefit from upon passage.

The Conceal Carry debate is so politically charged that trying to push a bill through before the recall elections wil only benefit the liberals in a very positive way. Nastygrams are not the answer.

You need need to change your screen name to Jeremiah, because you are definitely our prophet of doom.

oak1971

Blayze is not that far from being wrong for I sense the same thing. The Republicans have a knack of fvkking things up while every thing is in their favor.:banghead:

Ok, there is that. But, I'm sick of being so pessimistic all the time. It's depressing. If they screw it up, they screw it up. I won't spend my time obsessing about what ifs. I will hold their feet to the fire and have been doing so.

blaze

You need need to change your screen name to Jeremiah, because you are definitely our prophet of doom.

I am a realist, I want a clean conceal carry law and I also want it asap. I agree that sending our politicians reminder emails about this issue once in a while is very good.

Sending smarmy emails basically saying that well I have always supported you but, if you do not get a CC bill through right now, I just do not know if I can keep on. This is very unproductive.

In a perfect world, no Repub Senators will get recalled and perhaps two Dem Senators will. Certain posters on this forum need to educate themselves about what is really happening with the political scene in Wisconsin right now. The whole situation, not just the interaction with conceal carry.

Nik Clark has said before on here that politics is a very ugly business. It does not get any uglier than it is in Wisconsin right now in the state's history.

The good news is the liberals trashing the 14 yr old girl speaking at the Palin Tea Party rally in Madison and the recount debacle started by Kloppenburg is getting the Republican voters in Wisconsin mobilized and sick of the sleazy actions by the far left liberals.

HandyHamlet

The good news is the liberals trashing the 14 yr old girl speaking at the Palin Tea Party rally in Madison and the recount debacle started by Kloppenburg is getting the Republican voters in Wisconsin mobilized and sick of the sleazy actions by the far left liberals.

Aren't the Republican voters already mobilized? I'm pretty sure the hippies didn't vote for Walker?

I want a clean Constitutional Carry law.

:)

Have Gun - Will Carry

What's with the negative waves so early in the morning?

Wirch is up for recall and I could not be happier. Hell, instead of all the doom and gloom I'm gonna go dancing in the street! It's not often I get to legally vote so many times in one year.

That's right - you are formerly of the Chicago area, aren't you? :p

So how many times a year are you used to voting??? :lol:

HandyHamlet

All I'm saying is it would be criminal to not exercise one's right to vote. Just because they were dead for 50 or 60 years.

jrclen

Received today from Senator Luther Olson.

First, I would like to begin by thanking you for contacting me in regards to your thoughts about the issue of Conceal Carry. Please know that I appreciate your input, as it allows me to better understand and represent the people of the 14th district.

In addition, I have taken your opinion into account in order to determine my position on Conceal Carry. I recognize that Conceal Carry is both an important and controversial issue and I would like to make one thing very clear: I fully support concealed carry legislation.

However, at this time, I am unable to take a position on the debate between Shall-Issue and Constitutional Carry. The debate between the two options is complex and I feel as though I need to further review the issue and continue to assess constituent opinion.

Once again, I sincerely thank you for contacting me in regards to your thoughts on the issue of Conceal Carry. If you have any further concerns that you would like to share with me, feel free to contact me at my office.

Sincerely,
Luther Olsen
Senate District 14

What I wrote to him on April 12th

Thank you for your courageous stand on putting Wisconsin on a sustainable fiscal path.

As you know, law abiding Wisconsin Citizens have been demanding the right to carry concealed weapons for the purpose of self defense. We believe our time has come now that the Republican party controls both houses of the legislature and the governors office.

I would ask that you please consider simply restoring our 2nd Amendment rights. Shall not be infringed is very easy to understand. I would like you to consider advancing legislation which is commonly called Constitutional Carry. This would be accomplished by simply repealing the existing laws against carrying concealed weapons and against carrying weapons in our automobiles.

We do not believe we should be required to beg for and pay for a permit to exercise our civil rights. I am convinced that a future legislature will simply raise the fee to a level which will deny they right to all but the very rich and well connected.

Constitutional carry is advancing in many states and I would like Wisconsin to be at the forefront for a change rather than second to last. The law abiding citizens of Wisconsin deserve no less.

Thank you for your consideration.
Respectfully

littlewolf

Received today from Senator Luther Olson.

First, I would like to begin by thanking you for contacting me in regards to your thoughts about the issue of Conceal Carry. Please know that I appreciate your input, as it allows me to better understand and represent the people of the 14th district.

In addition, I have taken your opinion into account in order to determine my position on Conceal Carry. I recognize that Conceal Carry is both an important and controversial issue and I would like to make one thing very clear: I fully support concealed carry legislation.

However, at this time, I am unable to take a position on the debate between Shall-Issue and Constitutional Carry. The debate between the two options is complex and I feel as though I need to further review the issue and continue to assess constituent opinion.

Once again, I sincerely thank you for contacting me in regards to your thoughts on the issue of Conceal Carry. If you have any further concerns that you would like to share with me, feel free to contact me at my office.

Sincerely,
Luther Olsen
Senate District 14

What I wrote to him on April 12th

Thank you for your courageous stand on putting Wisconsin on a sustainable fiscal path.

As you know, law abiding Wisconsin Citizens have been demanding the right to carry concealed weapons for the purpose of self defense. We believe our time has come now that the Republican party controls both houses of the legislature and the governors office.

I would ask that you please consider simply restoring our 2nd Amendment rights. Shall not be infringed is very easy to understand. I would like you to consider advancing legislation which is commonly called Constitutional Carry. This would be accomplished by simply repealing the existing laws against carrying concealed weapons and against carrying weapons in our automobiles.

We do not believe we should be required to beg for and pay for a permit to exercise our civil rights. I am convinced that a future legislature will simply raise the fee to a level which will deny they right to all but the very rich and well connected.

Constitutional carry is advancing in many states and I would like Wisconsin to be at the forefront for a change rather than second to last. The law abiding citizens of Wisconsin deserve no less.

Thank you for your consideration.
Respectfully

Hey I got the same response email from Olsen, imagine that !

It doesn't seem to "complex " to me one costs money one don't!

He must have saved up all the emails and sent out this form letter.

oak1971

Hey I got the same response email from Olsen, imagine that !

It doesn't seem to "complex " to me one costs money one don't!

He must have saved up all the emails and sent out this form letter.

If he didn't try to make it complex we wouldn't need him or the rest of them. Good government should be simple because the more complex it gets the more likely it is to fail.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Constitutional Carry. Legislators that says it all ,It's the 2nd amend. of the U.S. const. and Art. 1 Sec. 25 of our state const. What did you all swear to uphold? Duh, You uphold the constitutions, As I recall neither U.S. nor State Constitution dictate manor of carry , Well U.S. states uninfringed, And our state says for any lawful purpose.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Last edited: