Thread: Absolutely Outrageous!

Absolutely Outrageous!

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this story. There is also another story of relevance in the comments section. Both of these stories are extremely disturbing.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/pol...ed-guns-seized
    "I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." - Ted Nugent

W-T-FFFFFFF. This is the first I've heard of this. I must have been hiding under a rock.
    Last edited by carsontech; 04-25-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Maybe there is more to this guy than meets the eye...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-liar-and.html

When I search for him on google, the top 5 hits include the daily Paul, Above Top Secret and the like. Page 2 has this issue being discussed on a white power site... Hardly accurate reporting sites.
    Last edited by mekender; 04-25-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Sounds like it's going to be really expensive to clear his name. Sad times...
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar

Anything goes under the Patriot Act

I understand that if Judges get more than a few complaints against them with the Judicial Commission that they lose their Bond and get removed.
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    http://www.meetup.com/r/inbound/0/0/...ry/?a=sharetxt
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    http://www.gunlaws.com/images/unity.gif
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.

Quote Originally Posted by mekender View Post
    Maybe there is more to this guy than meets the eye...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-liar-and.html

When I search for him on google, the top 5 hits include the daily Paul, Above Top Secret and the like. Page 2 has this issue being discussed on a white power site... Hardly accurate reporting sites.
    I have no information one way or the other as to Reddy's character. Let assume, for the sake of argument, that he is a known liar, scumbag, and man of low moral character. Is he still not entitled to his rights as a free man? Does he not have a right to own a firearm, as well as a right to counsel? If this story is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, this man's rights have been completely ripped to shreds. Even child molesters have a right to defense attorneys. Nothing about his character could have warranted this type of action, that I am aware of.
    "I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." - Ted Nugent

The warrant claimed there was probable cause Reddy had engaged in "reckless use, display or brandishing of a firearm"
    And so so every new gun owner at a gun range. This story scares they crap out of me. What are gun laws in Canada like these days.

*starts packing car*
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post
    And so so every new gun owner at a gun range. This story scares they crap out of me. What are gun laws in Canada like these days.

*starts packing car*

lol You're heading in the wrong direction if you're thinking Canada's gun laws are better than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by condeist View Post
    I have no information one way or the other as to Reddy's character. Let assume, for the sake of argument, that he is a known liar, scumbag, and man of low moral character. Is he still not entitled to his rights as a free man? Does he not have a right to own a firearm, as well as a right to counsel? If this story is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, this man's rights have been completely ripped to shreds. Even child molesters have a right to defense attorneys. Nothing about his character could have warranted this type of action, that I am aware of.
    I am less questioning his character than I am questioning the sources of the story. I do not believe that what is being reported is accurate and I believe that there is a lot more to this story. Add in that the lawyer quoted in the story is a "Probate, Estate and Personal Injury Attorney" and I dont buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sc0tt View Post

*starts packing car*
    Haha, don't drive north buddy. Cant carry a gun, or even keep one loaded at home in Canada.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    lol You're heading in the wrong direction if you're thinking Canada's gun laws are better than ours.
    Shows my ignorence in the area of other countries gun laws. Where should I go?
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Banned
    Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Middle East.
    ha ha ha ha. NO
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Banned
    Could try Antarctica.

"Person of interest" from the baby murdering traitors. During the Reign of Terror in the French Revolution all that was needed was to be 'denounced' by someone as proof of guilt. Nazis, Soviets, Red Chinese--take your pick. They just changed the words. However, in the gulag of CT, hardly surprising.

Could try Antarctica.
    I believe Somalia has some pretty lax gun control laws also.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Could try Antarctica.
    lol with our luck OCing, CCing, Pellet and Air Soft guns would be highly illegal there.