• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seeds of tyranny?

CalicoJack10

Why would you think they would release that info. The government tell us the truth? HA! Not in my life time.

I hope they do, but I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

The biggest telling thing is that when Grassley and Issa started asking questions and asking for documents relating to this the Assistant Attorney General, NOT the head of the ATF, responded and told them they couldn't hand anything over because it might "compromise" ongoing cases. So why is the DOJ and not the ATF responding to requests from Grassley and Issa
eusa_think.gif

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Bigger questions. Why isn't this a top story in media, including Fox news. Why isn't that old billy goat rino McCain on the weekend national news show shows ranting about this? It happened in the state he represents. He's willing to have Americans to die in Libya for no American national interest.

HandyHamlet

Issa Threatens to Begin Contempt Proceedings Against ATF Official

http://www.rollcall.com/news/issa_t..._against_atf_official-205054-1.html?pos=hbtxt

* By Anna Palmer
* Roll Call Staff
* April 20, 2011, 11:49 a.m.

House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa is turning up the heat on the Obama administration after officials declined to comply with a document subpoena. In a letter Wednesday, the California Republican publicly threatened to begin contempt proceedings against Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives acting Director Kenneth Melson if he does not obey the March 31 subpoena.

[snip]

"Efforts by the Department of Justice and ATF to stonewall the Committee in its investigation by erroneously, but matter-of-factly, citing an internal department policy as a preventative measure for denying access to documents have only enhanced suspicions that such officials have played a role in reckless decisions that have put lives at risk,” Issa wrote. “The Committee continues to pursue this matter vigorously, in part, because concerned individuals have indicated they do not have confidence in the Department’s ability to review the actions of its own top officials.”

Congress has been met with nothing but contempt by the White House, the "Justice" Dept, and the ATF.

So the only answer to the OP's question would be a resounding N-O. The current administration is NOT sowing the seeds of tyranny.

The current administration already has a full on GARDEN of tyranny going strong. It is in full bloom with rock sculptures, water features, neatly trimmed shrubbery.... and dancing fairies burning paper lanterns full of tax payer money. Gotta keep the Tyranny Garden well lit so Holder doesn't stub his toe while literally f***ing the Constitution. And by Constitution I mean the actual original document and not some gift shop knock off.

Time to break out the tar and feather gents.

Last edited:

oak1971

http://www.rollcall.com/news/issa_t..._against_atf_official-205054-1.html?pos=hbtxt

Congress has been met with nothing but contempt by the White House, the "Justice" Dept, and the ATF.

So the only answer to the OP's question would be a resounding N-O. The current administration is NOT sowing the seeds of tyranny.

The current administration already has a full on GARDEN of tyranny going strong. It is in full bloom with rock sculptures, water features, neatly trimmed shrubbery.... and dancing fairies burning paper lanterns full of tax payer money. Gotta keep the Tyranny Garden well lit so Holder doesn't stub his toe while literally f***ing the Constitution. And by Constitution I mean the actual original document and not some gift shop knock off.

Time to break out the tar and feather gents.

What he said.

Congress is irrelevant, the Executive branch has the ability to completely circumvent the will of the people and the Judiciary is only too happy to help them along. Democracy and the Republic went bye-bye long ago.

HandyHamlet

ATF Boss Threatened with Contempt Charge

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/7272-atf-boss-threatened-with-contempt-charge

Written by Alex Newman
Wednesday, 27 April 2011 10:22

{Here are some juicy bits}

"If you do not comply with the subpoena, the Committee will be forced to commence contempt proceedings," Rep. Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, wrote in a letter to Melson last week after the Bureau missed an April 13 deadline to hand over the documents.

Citing Supreme Court decisions and precedents in other investigations, Rep. Issa noted in his most recent letter that Congress was legally entitled to the information it was requesting. “As a co-equal branch of government, Congress has a right, even a constitutional obligation, to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch, including the Department of Justice,” he said. Plus, there is “no constitutional, statutory, or case law authority” that would allow the department to withhold evidence using the excuses it is citing.

The Obama administration insists that the controversial program was supposed to keep track of the weapons in an effort to bust gun smuggling networks. But allegations appearing in recent weeks claim that officials may have deliberately allowed the guns to end up with criminals in an effort to demonize the Second Amendment and impose further restrictions on Americans’ right to keep and bear arms.

XDFDE45

Cut their funding and disband them. In their 39 year history this is THE BIGGEST f:cuss:k up they have ever done. And the fact that a Border Patrol Agent and ICE Agent were killed this won't be going away any time soon.

JG

Treason?

I wonder what have happened if we would have sent guns to the North koreans? I believe the the fool in charge here should be behind bars !!!

HandyHamlet

Issa is getting closer and closer!

And the pimp daddy of lies Holder is still in full on denial mode. And I thought Obummer could lie! This is better than a Soap Opera. I am really enjoying watching Holder hang himself.

One document indicates a Holder Asst. Attorney General, Lanny Breuer, authorized a wiretap in the controversial gun trafficking case headquartered in Phoenix.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: BREAKING: CBS News obtains document linking asst. AG to ‘Gunrunner’ - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...nt-linking-asst-ag-to-gunrunner#ixzz1LdK0bssR