• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kennewick OCer makes KPD police blotter...

Freedom First

From the latest Kennewick Police Blotter:

"Weapons/5200 blk W Clearwater Ave- Officers responded to a report of an adult male inside with a pistol holstered on his leg. Officer’s contacted the 25 year old male who had a .45 1911 style handgun in a drop leg Serpa type holster. He also had two extra magazines and a weapon light attached to the holster. He was contacted paying for his groceries at the register. He was cooperative and held his hands out to show he was cooperative upon Officers approach. He advised that he has a concealed license (confirmed) but open carries as it is more comfortable. Store management advised him that he was not welcome inside their store with a displayed firearm. The subject has been previously contacted by KPD for same thing."

So my dear wife asks me, "Now, the question I have is, if OC is LEGAL why do the police even respond to a report of it at all??? I mean, if the "suspect" isn't doing anything fishy, other than carrying a firearm openly, then why would the police need to respond?"

"That's a darned good question" I replied. Perhaps poor training on the side of the dispatchers? Panicked dork at the Albertsons on Clearwater? LEO boredom? A pressing need to try out a new flavor of mace? :p Actually it seems he's trespassing since it reads like he has been shown the door before at Albertons related to OCing. But, hey, what do I know?..

So, who the heck was this? Bueller? TCOCers?

SpyderTattoo

It said he was previously contacted for the same thing... It didn't say he was contacted in the store. He could have been contacted by police anywhere.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Well one part of your question is answered he was told to leave before and told not to come back ie Criminal Trespass.
As well it is still up to a business or home owner for that matter to allow or not allow firearms on their property even though it is legal to carry, if they tell you to leave and not return and you do it have broke the law.

Wonder if he had open carried in a holster on a belt if it would have brought the attention it did with a thigh rig !!!!

Last edited:

Sparky508

Well one part of your question is answered he was told to leave before and told not to come back ie Criminal Trespass.

Doesn't say he was previously asked not to come back, or leave.

Wonder if he had open carried in a holster on a belt if it would have brought the attention it did with a thigh rig !!!!

Better pull up your down rigger.....

Last edited:

amzbrady

I never have a problem down the road at Safeway or the 395 Wally World. I notice we dont have a store policy on Albertsons, unless I missed it. I'm still waiting for to see if Gunner ever gets his reply from Autozone on their policy.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Places for stores near 5200 W Clearwater Ave, Kennewick, WA 99336

Super Supplements - Kennewick
- 1 review - Place page
www.supersup.com - 5200 Clearwater Ave, Kennewick - (509) 736-6390

Lemon Grass Gifts, LLC
- 1 review - Place page
www.lemongrassgifts.com - 5215 West Clearwater #113, Kennewick - (509) 737-1994

Let's Party
- 10 reviews - Place page
www.halloweenstartshere.com - 513 North Edison St # C, Kennewick - (509) 374-2468

Albertsons-Sav-on - West Kennewick
- 2 reviews - Place page
albertsons.shoplocal.com - 5204 West Clearwater, Kennewick - (509) 783-1457

Shelby's Floral & Gifts
- 5 reviews - Place page
www.shelbysfloral.com - 5211 W Clearwater Ave # A, Kennewick - (509) 735-9558

Naturally Gloria
- Place page
www.naturallygloria.com - 5215 W Clearwater Ave # 101, Kennewick - (509) 783-0606

Just Roses
- Place page
www.jroses.com - 5428 West Clearwater Avenue, Kennewick - (509) 783-7673

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I never have a problem down the road at Safeway or the 395 Wally World. I notice we dont have a store policy on Albertsons, unless I missed it. I'm still waiting for to see if Gunner ever gets his reply from Autozone on their policy.

On Friday I sent another request to Autozone.... still waiting.

amzbrady

From the latest Kennewick Police Blotter:

"Weapons/5200 blk W Clearwater Ave- Officers responded to a report of an adult male inside with a pistol holstered on his leg. Officer’s contacted the 25 year old male who had a .45 1911 style handgun in a drop leg Serpa type holster. He also had two extra magazines and a weapon light attached to the holster. He was contacted paying for his groceries at the register. He was cooperative and held his hands out to show he was cooperative upon Officers approach. He advised that he has a concealed license (confirmed) but open carries as it is more comfortable. Store management advised him that he was not welcome inside their store with a displayed firearm. The subject has been previously contacted by KPD for same thing."

So my dear wife asks me, "Now, the question I have is, if OC is LEGAL why do the police even respond to a report of it at all??? I mean, if the "suspect" isn't doing anything fishy, other than carrying a firearm openly, then why would the police need to respond?"

"That's a darned good question" I replied. Perhaps poor training on the side of the dispatchers? Panicked dork at the Albertsons on Clearwater? LEO boredom? A pressing need to try out a new flavor of mace? :p Actually it seems he's trespassing since it reads like he has been shown the door before at Albertons related to OCing. But, hey, what do I know?..

So, who the heck was this? Bueller? TCOCers?

Is that from the Tri cities herald blotter? If so what day?

Freedom First

M1Gunr,

It says he was paying for his groceries. I just assumed it was Albertsons and based on your list I'm probably correct.

I wonder if after getting LEOed he actually paid for the groceries? I would not be leaving any of my bucks after getting a nice interview. Just sayin'.

amzbrady

Makes for interesting reading. I think it's why the Mrs. carries now.

is there a link to sign up for it?

Albeartsons corporate office called me on Thursday and said their policy was to follow state law regarding firearms. So at the corporate level there is no prohibition on firearms at Albertsons.

I wonder if Navy ever got a written confirmation on this?

.45ACPaddy

I've tried someone's thigh rig a few times and never received any more attention than normal, i.e. next to none.

It just felt more comfortable, especially in the car. I'd rather have something on the side of my leg than digging into my right kidney.

I just don't have the funds for such a holster at the moment. I'd wear one because of comfort, and because of what my own experience has told me.

Last edited: