• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kennewick OCer makes KPD police blotter...

OrangeIsTrouble

You forgot small of the back and ankle. :lol:

Hmm....

SVG with a "Don't Birk Mehhh" T shirt,
Starbux in hand,
shorts,
flip flops,
ankle holster.

I must see this.

Gogo;
1. Comfy as heckz

2. Where the hand naturally falls (can be bad in some situations, cop might shoot ya for "reachin" possibly
"
3. Beneficial for riders

4. Possibly beneficial for car draws if worn crossdraw

5. Someone has to get to your height to do a grab, even harder with crossdraw as they must headbutt you from the front.

6. No wasting belt space for other cool gadgets such as pink handcuffs with fur.

7. No holster or handle pressing into your love handles.

8. Very simple reholster.

ehhhhh.....

amlevin

You forgot small of the back and ankle. :lol:

This site is about OC..

Keep it on topic.

:D

I've seen some people in public where both these areas are more than amply exposed.

Low rise pants or low rise shorts. Maybe even a plumber wearing shorts.
12.gif

.45ACPaddy

Hmm....
Gogo;
1. Comfy as heckz

2. Where the hand naturally falls (can be bad in some situations, cop might shoot ya for "reachin" possibly
"
3. Beneficial for riders

4. Possibly beneficial for car draws if worn crossdraw

5. Someone has to get to your height to do a grab, even harder with crossdraw as they must headbutt you from the front.

6. No wasting belt space for other cool gadgets such as pink handcuffs with fur.

7. No holster or handle pressing into your love handles.

8. Very simple reholster.

ehhhhh.....

Even though I'm not using a thigh rig right now...

1. Overall comfort, especially when in the car or sitting down
2. Easier to draw overall, esp. when sitting or in a car
3. Easy to reholster overall, esp. when sitting or in a car
4. Easy to detach from belt with the Blackhawk platform
5. Easy to reattach to the belt with the Blackhawk platform
6. Faster draw (for me)
7. Coats and jackets don't cover it up, thus maintaining OC
8. Less weight on the belt, weight is distributed between belt and leg.
9. More room for other things such as flashlight, cell phone, etc. on belt
10. Easier access to pants pockets without looking like you're reaching

For the sake of discussion, may I ask what the top 10 benefits of carrying on the hip are?

1911er

Wtf

- I'll ask: Should we laugh at people for being fat, bald, handicapped ... Should he laugh at them for their choice of car,

are you talking about me Bat I'm fat bald handicapped and drive A KIA

OrangeIsTrouble

For the sake of discussion, may I ask what the top 10 benefits of carrying on the hip are?

1. Like to bend elbow to draw.

2. Easy to go OC-CC and back and forth.

3. Looks "normal" LOL ;)

4. Like to get handgun caught on seatbelt.

5. Like to have the handgun force me to keep a snug fit belt otherwise have gun hang away from body.

6. Like to have shirt uncomfortably tucked behind holster.

Tee hee. Done trolling for now.

Batousaii

- I'll ask: Should we laugh at people for being fat, bald, handicapped ... Should he laugh at them for their choice of car,

are you talking about me Bat I'm fat bald handicapped and drive A KIA

- LoL - No No .. Point was we shouldn't laugh at folks for being who they are, or who they like to be, or even peeps like me who are just a bit eccentric and enjoy having fun while going about their personal business.

- And don't worry, Kia is supposed to be a great little car. I am a Honda guy myself.

:lol: Thanks for the perspective, and the chuckle. Above all, if we can have a friendly laugh among and with each other, then all is good.

:dude: Bat.

P.S. I got a new toy - I'll have to make a thread.

amlevin

Clearly there are a couple of schools of thought regarding the "thigh rig". Comfort, ease, tactical advantage, yada, yada, yada, on one side. On the other, "in your face", "wannabe", "tacti-cool", attention getter, and more yada, yada, yada.

What it all boils down to is intent or attitude. Neither manner is right or wrong if all you are doing is selecting a method to carry your firearm. If you are trying to garner attention or show off then that's another story.

Choose for yourself and hopefully your choice is for the right reasons.

Lovenox

Clearly there are a couple of schools of thought regarding the "thigh rig". Comfort, ease, tactical advantage, yada, yada, yada, on one side. On the other, "in your face", "wannabe", "tacti-cool", attention getter, and more yada, yada, yada.

What it all boils down to is intent or attitude. Neither manner is right or wrong if all you are doing is selecting a method to carry your firearm. If you are trying to garner attention or show off then that's another story.

Choose for yourself and hopefully your choice is for the right reasons.

Well said.

AlexMayhem

Howdy gents-

I'm Kozak and I am the Alberstons guy. I was reading through your thread and I'll try to address some of the things everyone was discussing and speculating from the KPD report.

Anyone who brought up ambituity regarding the report would be correct, it wasn't very clear nor was it fully accurate. I wear a Blackhawk Serpa, and I've modded it to hold my extra mag and surefire tac light - they were on the rig and not my belt. I was also just carrying one extra mag, not a plural number like the report said.

As for being contacted by the police before, I've never had a problem in that store before but I have been stopped and at times cuffed for OC in the past. Some of the officers have come to know me, such as Officer Brown (She was my first handcuffing officer, and the last time I was reported while OCing on my property she just called my phone). The one's that do know me do not take my weapon or detain me, they just give me the "If you don't conceal then you know people will keep calling us . . ." speach

I was called on at Albertsons by an armed money carrier when I entered the store, I didn't notice him but obviously he saw me. I did my 15 minutes of shopping and was approached just as I was signing my reciept. I think it speaks good things of KPD that when they approached they said I could finish up my transaction before they were going to talk to me. I also do not believe any of them (3 initially, a supervisor cam later) unholstered their firearm or taser.

As for being asked not to come back, not a single employee spoke to me about that. I was told I could come back not OCing second hand by the officers. I presume I have been trespassed if I return OC but I won't be going back there at all. I respect when a manager/employee asks me to cover it up, but feel it's chicken scratch to be called in (Matter of pride I suppose being law-abiding and prior USMC.).

Regarding the use of a thigh rig as oppossed to a hip holster I've several reasons. I'm able to carry the extra mag and light, I like the retention on it, more comfortable when sitting. Most people not used to or comfortable with OC don't even focus on the rig but the gun. Like the rest of you I actively practice protecting myself and loved ones, so another big reason for the rig is that I study a few disciplines of martial arts with a special focus on Judo. I firmly believe in escalation of force/ROE, so I may not be fully justified in shooting someone but may need to rumble instead - having a hip holster would not sync well with many throws. If any of you are knife guys I wear an Emerson Karambit in the pocket above the rig as well- if someone feels "grabby" I have a nearly instant means to disable the hand of someone whom I have ample reason to believe wants to deal myself and/or others lethal harm via my girl Alexis.

Still learning how to use the forum and am reading through all your guys' different threads. I'll try to figure out how to post a pic of my set-up. I've got a question too, is there a page that is the "gateway" to all the TC OCer stuff? Everytime I log in I end up in a different thread . . .

X-
Kozak

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Still learning how to use the forum and am reading through all your guys' different threads. I'll try to figure out how to post a pic of my set-up. I've got a question too, is there a page that is the "gateway" to all the TC OCer stuff? Everytime I log in I end up in a different thread . . .

X-
Kozak

Welcome AlexMayhem

Regarding posting pictures - see tool bar above, sixth icon from the right - follow prompts. You can post your pix via "browse" or internet pix by location.

If you are logging in from the home page or main forum page, you will always be taken to the Main Forum page.

If you log in after opening an email notification, you will be taken to that thread.

Also if you are reading a particular thread and log in from there, that is where you will be.

Batousaii

Welcome !!

- Glad you jumped in to clarify, thank you kindly.
- As for thigh rigs, or ANY rig, i firmly believe in carry in a manner that works for you. I have strong affection for antique and unique firearms, and can be found carrying a single action revolver on nice sunny days. If i had a Borchard or Mateba, i might carry that sometimes :cool: Yes, true, i often carry my colt 1911 at th belt too, but i personally like to "enjoy" my various odd-ball firearms, and if that means taking it out and about with me for the day, then so be it. Attention will either come or not, and my experience would support your statement that it tends to be about "The gun" more than the "rig". I have also noticed different reactions at different guns too. My 1911 (usually at belt line) gets allot more "squinty eyes" than my single action revolver, ya know, it's an evil auto with the hammer back... So even though my revolver's rig is allot more noticeable, people just don't give it much concern, the hammer back on my auto spooks em way more than my loops belt - maybe we should all wear those in an effort to ease the sheeple and provide a warm fuzzy image to everyone, and cops wont be as concerned because, after all, it's just a single action gate loaded revolver... right?...
Truth: One's attitude and how they carry themselves is way, way more of a factor than "what" they are carrying, or the rig used for it. People that really are scared of guns, will always be out there. Be well spoken respectful and polite, and avoid most conflicts.

- Use what works for you. Welcome to OCDO.

:dude: Bat

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Welcome to the Forum! And glad you came here to explain your side. I have taken heat for making statement that I will never ever just believe an officers report.

They cannot hand cuff you. Stop letting them. If you are on the school of thought of protecting our rights. Don't capitulate to their demands, don't surrender ID. I don't advocate physical resistance but verbally is good. A recorder also comes in handy. I wish I had a reliable one in my encounters ( do now).

It's been brought out many times here and I think it's good advice. Ask 'am I being detained?' If they say no walk away. If they say yes ask if they can articulate why? If they can't to me I personally will say I am leaving. What happens next is up to them, they will either illegally arrest me or let me go.

What they are doing to you is what they threatened me with and that is continued "harassment" for a lawful activity. File a complaint every single encounter. I personally OC to the department and ask for the complaint forms in person. Wanna have some fun and watch them dance around trying to give you the forms try that, it's fairly amusing.

amlevin

As for being contacted by the police before, I've never had a problem in that store before but I have been stopped and at times cuffed for OC in the past. Some of the officers have come to know me, such as Officer Brown (She was my first handcuffing officer, and the last time I was reported while OCing on my property she just called my phone). The one's that do know me do not take my weapon or detain me, they just give me the "If you don't conceal then you know people will keep calling us . . ." speach

At some point, you might want to advise these officers that keep responding and basically threatening you over your OC that you will be making a call of your own. To an Attorney to file a charge of harassment. Especially if OC'ing on your own property.

Just like in school, the bullies will keep stealing your lunch money until you sock one of them in the nose. Just let an attorney do the socking in this case.

AlexMayhem

AlexMayhem....Are you that Mayhem guy from Allstate?!?

In reference to the above, you cannot be trespassed unless the owner or agent of the owner of the property asks you to leave.

No sir, I don't know any 'Mayhem guy' at Allstate. I go by AlexMayhem because my main girl (Kimber TLE/RL II) is named Alexis the Mayhem, so I kinda borrowed her name for myself. Glad you shared about the trespassing. I'll be calling Albertson's tomorrow regarding the matter - the only employee I had any contact with was the fellow that checked me out. They still won't be getting my business unless we have an OC shopping get-together.

X-
Kozak

AlexMayhem

Welcome to the Forum! And glad you came here to explain your side. I have taken heat for making statement that I will never ever just believe an officers report.

They cannot hand cuff you. Stop letting them. If you are on the school of thought of protecting our rights. Don't capitulate to their demands, don't surrender ID. I don't advocate physical resistance but verbally is good. A recorder also comes in handy. I wish I had a reliable one in my encounters ( do now).

Thanks for having me Gunner!

I only recently found out that I cannot be cuffed, IDed, stopped for OC through the Philly event in the news. It won't happen again, I'm resolved to not be victimized.

As far as the recorder goes - I've heard it's illegal to record police. I assume you've done homework and it isn't, would you mind educating me on the matter?

X-
Kozak

AlexMayhem

At some point, you might want to advise these officers that keep responding and basically threatening you over your OC that you will be making a call of your own. To an Attorney to file a charge of harassment. Especially if OC'ing on your own property.

Just like in school, the bullies will keep stealing your lunch money until you sock one of them in the nose. Just let an attorney do the socking in this case.

I must admit that I love LEO. I personally believe that the LEO establishment is wholly unable to fully serve justice, but I've needed them and in my work as a 911 dispatcher I've seen cases where many more did as well. That said, it will break my heart a little but I will pull and play the attorney card next time. I have served my country in the USMC, again as a 911 dispatcher, and now every time I OC/CC and I ain't going to be made to be dealt with as if I am the badguy.
As for the lunch money analogy, my ma used to pack my lunches for me and SHE LEFT ME SPECIAL NOTES EVERY DAY! WILL NOT LET THEM STEAL THE LUNCH MADE WITH CARE AND NOTES THAT SHOW ME SHE LOVES ME ANYMORE!
. . . sorry for that gents, you're all stoking the fire of American freedom within my heart and soul . . .

X-
Kozak

.45ACPaddy

I must admit that I love LEO. I personally believe that the LEO establishment is wholly unable to fully serve justice, but I've needed them and in my work as a 911 dispatcher I've seen cases where many more did as well. That said, it will break my heart a little but I will pull and play the attorney card next time. I have served my country in the USMC, again as a 911 dispatcher, and now every time I OC/CC and I ain't going to be made to be dealt with as if I am the badguy.
As for the lunch money analogy, my ma used to pack my lunches for me and SHE LEFT ME SPECIAL NOTES EVERY DAY! WILL NOT LET THEM STEAL THE LUNCH MADE WITH CARE AND NOTES THAT SHOW ME SHE LOVES ME ANYMORE!
. . . sorry for that gents, you're all stoking the fire of American freedom within my heart and soul . . .

X-
Kozak

That's what we like to hear!

We're all Americans, we deserve to be able to exercise our rights as such without undue interference. And being cuffed simply for exercising one's rights legally is absolutely undue interference! Why should any of us be questioned? You've served to uphold and defend those rights, and I'd consider the questioning of those rights in your case even more unacceptable! Same goes for anyone else here who have served!

It's time to start writing letters and telling them that we won't put up with these undue infringements on our liberties any longer. Just remember:

Soap box
Ballot box
Jury box
Ammo box

Use them in that order.

jt59

.....As far as the recorder goes - I've heard it's illegal to record police. I assume you've done homework and it isn't, would you mind educating me on the matter?

X-
Kozak

Recording of LEO's has been well discussed, debated and explained on the site....short answer is get a good recorder at a minimum and a secret video cam if you have enough dough in the safe...it's perfectly legal.

Last edited: