• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One of you guys gave my sister an OC card at Total Wine in Norfolk!

FretlessMayhem

My sister informed me that someone came into the Total Wine where she works (I believe in 21st Street) and educated her a bit on open carry. I'm not sure how I came up (I assume she mentioned her brother packs), but it was asked if I was familiar with this website.

She said the person's name may be TJ. So Mr. TJ, kudos to you for educating her. She's a "liberal vegan hippie", in her own words, so the more positive, armed citizen encounters she has, the better!

Thanks again, whichever of you it was! Perhaps we'll meet an at Open Carry dinner. I could never make one as I had band practices on Mondays and Wednesdays, and they seemed to always occur on Wednesdays. However, we have since switched to Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm there at the next one!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My sister informed me that someone came into the Total Wine where she works (I believe in 21st Street) and educated her a bit on open carry. I'm not sure how I came up (I assume she mentioned her brother packs), but it was asked if I was familiar with this website.

She said the person's name may be TJ. So Mr. TJ, kudos to you for educating her. She's a "liberal vegan hippie", in her own words, so the more positive, armed citizen encounters she has, the better!

Thanks again, whichever of you it was! Perhaps we'll meet an at Open Carry dinner. I could never make one as I had band practices on Mondays and Wednesdays, and they seemed to always occur on Wednesdays. However, we have since switched to Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm there at the next one!

TJ is one of the up and coming stars of OC diplomacy.
I stopped griping about the younger generation after I met him.:lol:

He'll read this sooner or later!

FretlessMayhem

Oh, I see you are here in Chesapeake! Do you OC often in Chesapeake?

Not too much. I carry at all times, and I do mean at all times (when legally permissible of course). But I typically CC. That's why I don't post too frequently. I fully support OC, and wish more people did it. I simply just don't do it often; maybe once or twice a year.

FretlessMayhem

I might have seen you, which walmart do you shop?

I typically do not shop at Wal-Mart. However, I was there a couple weekends ago after midnight to get a movie I wanted to see. It's the one on Battlefield. I wasn't OC'ing though.

I once saw a gentleman OC'ing (a Glock 26, which I was concealing the exact same pistol. Great minds think alike.) at Target on Greenbrier Parkway. I introduced myself and inquired if he was a member of VCDL, which he said he was. I've seen him at several gun shows since then, but none recently. I want to say his name was Glenn.

My band has played the Chicho's on Volvo and Kempsville quite a bit, and I shop a lot at Target and Harris Teeter. So if you were going to spot me, it would most likely be at one of those places. And if you do end up seeing me, I'm a nice guy, and I hope you say hello!

t33j

Haha much obliged. She didn't really seem anti so I guess you've already done a well enough job. :)

Well I'll be at the OC dinner this Thursday so I guess I won't see you there!

Last edited:

t33j

TJ is one of the up and coming stars of OC diplomacy.
I stopped griping about the younger generation after I met him.:lol:

Few and far between ;)
Yorktown seems to have a disproportionate population of us young and sensible folk however...

Last edited:

FretlessMayhem

Haha much obliged. She didn't really seem anti so I guess you've already done a well enough job. :)

Well I'll be at the OC dinner this Thursday so I guess I won't see you there!

She seems to be apathetic towards it in its entirety.

I don't OC much, but one of the few times I was OC'ing at Harris Teeter, the manager came out to tell me it was making his customers nervous. I replied that if it made customers uncomfortable, perhaps the customers should be asked to leave. He thought I was joking, and asked me if I would compromise and CC. He polite and courteous, so I obliged. My sister actually ended up being there out of sheer coincidence, and saw this happen. That's pretty much the extent of her experience with OC.

Thursday? I didn't even see a thread. But alas, I guess I'm just simply not destined to meet any of you gentlemen. Or maybe gentlepersons is more politically correct.

I've often thought of forming a thread for an OC dinner myself so I could pick the date, but I naturally assumed since I don't post often, most likely no one would come out.

t33j

I've often thought of forming a thread for an OC dinner myself so I could pick the date, but I naturally assumed since I don't post often, most likely no one would come out.

Nonsense! I think there's a sweet spot for the amount of time beforehand that you post about it... 2 weeks or so seems to work well, although these next few weeks will be non-typical for me personally. We're probably due for one on the southside anyway.

t33j

Not sure which cards TJ handed out, but if it was one of mine, they are free for the asking.. Send a S.A.2S.E. to Eds Cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143.

:)

I'm all out of yours Ed. :cry: I'm down to 1 card 45acpforme gave me a few months ago.

45acpForMe

Few and far between ;)
Yorktown seems to have a disproportionate population of us young and sensible folk however...

Hey what about the old fat and sensible? We are here too! :D

FretlessMayhem, we are always looking to get together and have a good meal and talk guns! The best way to guarantee you can make it is to post a dinner thread. We have had as few as 4 people up to 60+ depending on the date/occassion/availability.

So since your sister is married, for t33j's sake do you have another sister, maybe one that is less vegan and more 2A aware? :lol: