• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry Legislative Alert - SB 234 on Senate Calendar 4/27

20SomethingSnowbird

Its going to be a very close call, im not so sure its going to pass....

negative nancy... Get on your representatives about it and make the odds better rather than just being negative! I think you made mention that you're on the job in Miami? What does your agency think about OC? Are you helping the cause in the LE community?

20SomethingSnowbird

Why would you like to know what my agency thinks about OC?... If they like OC or not, its not going to help you carry your gun around openly because we dont care unlike the white coats.

I think most of the people here are curious about what the LE agencies across florida think about OC. It's obvious what the Sheriff's association thinks about it, but they represent 67 people in the entire state, not all Law Enforcement Officers. So if you are aware of the popular opinion around your department why not share it and let everyone know how your agency feels? You don't need to reveal what department you work for. You, or your agency don't impact my ability to carry at all so don't confuse why the question was posed, it wasn't a stab at you it was merely an inquiry.

Mossy_35

If Bascom was counting with the Boggie amendment, then we'd probably have 28 votes.

????

The news I got from Mr. Bascom was "as the bill currently stands, as amended" yesterday morning, prior to Bogdanoff's amendment being filed.

I hope the 24 have enough conviction to vote this amendment down.

77zach

I second you with the confusion here. If it was assumed that the bill would only include "accidental exposure" we should have a super majority in support, not 24.

24 makes some sense. NO: Boggie, Bennett, Dean, Jones, Alexander. YES: All other Republicans + Montford.

In any case, 18 hours and counting.

20SomethingSnowbird

Your stupied smart remark earlier just cost you your little inqury..
no comment

lol you read into things a little too much, there was no smart ass comment there. It didn't cost ME anything, you should be a part of this forum to help the cause, not to monitor what all the "whacky pro OC rednecks" are doing (guys this is what members of this forum were referred to as on another forum frequented by Florida LEOs and wanna-be cops).

If you're here to celebrate something that Florida has waited almost a quarter century for, then please act like it. If you're here to just crap on what everyone here is fighting for, I know a great Justin Bieber forum that would love to have you. A lot of your posts seem very anti OC (Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Just an observation), they don't outright say it, but someone that is pro, or indifferent would word things differently or not be here at all. This is a forum for the support of OC rights, right? Or is this the recipe swap forum I belong to? I mismatch the posts all the time, embarrassing.

The Mach 1 in your name wouldn't be referring to a Mach 1 Mustang would it? Shot in the dark, but my dad had one, your name reminded me of that.

Last edited:

20SomethingSnowbird

Im sorry if i may seem that im against OC but im all about the people for the people and I have always thought to believe that way...I'm all about the people of this great country having rights, so that being said I believe all responsible men and women should be able to openly carry their firearm... If you ask me, I rather know who has a weapon in my surroundings PERSONALY!!

And for the record yes I do have a Mach1...I have two of them 1969 and a 2003

I think my dad's was a 69 too actually. Pretty sweet, I was always a Chevy Guy until Ford was the only auto company to not take bailout money. My next pv will definitely be a Ford because of that alone.

But back to open carry:

SB234 hits the floor tomorrow!!!! How is everyone gonna sleep tonight??? I personally am going to watch the entire Season 4 Facts of Life DVD box set and drink until Mrs. Garrett looks HOT. When I wake up, I will come here to find out what happened at the senate meeting.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I think my dad's was a 69 too actually. Pretty sweet, I was always a Chevy Guy until Ford was the only auto company to not take bailout money. My next pv will definitely be a Ford because of that alone.

But back to open carry:

SB234 hits the floor tomorrow!!!! How is everyone gonna sleep tonight??? I personally am going to watch the entire Season 4 Facts of Life DVD box set and drink until Mrs. Garrett looks HOT. When I wake up, I will come here to find out what happened at the senate meeting.

LOL. I'll just go to bed and watch the session tomorrow. It should be fairly brief and (not quite) painless, since 234's second on the calendar, with 402 and 432 immediately following

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Do you find the new info from Evers's aid encouraging or no?

No. I think he's got as much trouble doing math as Bogdanoff. She's been bought by the Retailers' Deep Pockets. Evers, while well intentioned, is kind of a noob. He underestimates the behind-the-scenes power that is exerted by the FSA through 'unofficial' channels, and the ease with which politicians can be bought.

So what if Bogdanoff gets voted out next time around. She's set for life anyway.