• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Philly PD violation

MKEgal

This happened today.

From a thread over at PAFOA:
http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/134...icer-shoots-man-chest-page-4.html#post1576204

And a news report:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Off-Duty-Cop-Shoots-Man-in-Frankford-Police-120656234.html

An off-duty police officer shot a man just before 4 p.m. on Monday in the Frankford section of Philadelphia...

...possibly was due to a dispute over a parking space, according to witnesses...

Taylor's fiancée Brittney Britton claimed that the officer shot Josh inside their house.
"Next thing you know my boyfriend is running in the house, shuts the door behind him," Britton said. "The cop opened the door fully on his own, no warrant no nothing. Shot him in the chest and ran."

And of course, the officer's name is not released and he gets a desk job until IA can cook up a story... er, um, investigate the incident.
Yeah, that's snarky, but with all the other feces Philly PD has been putting out recently, I think it's well deserved.
As I said over on PAFOA, if any of us did that, we'd be proned out & sent away so fast our shadows couldn't catch up.

Last edited:

tyc

Keep in mind - innocent until proven guilty.

Let the proverbial "dust" settle then let's see what the truth - the whole truth - of the matter is.

tyc

Last edited:

MKEgal

Following along in the PAFOA thread, there have been more news reports.
AFAIK the victim is still alive, though in very serious condition.
The attacker/cop admitted he saw the victim carrying a pistol, going in & out of a house across the street from where the a/c was helping someone move in.

The a/c admits he ID'd himself as an officer and ordered the victim to drop his pistol.
So there's an automatic 1983 suit - attempting to deprive someone of his rights under color of law.

He hadn't seen a crime,
he hadn't even asked to see a PA LTCF & been refused,
he just jumped right to gun=crime.

Most officers, when ordering someone to drop a gun, will have their own gun drawn & pointed at the person they are confronting.
So IMHO it's highly likely that the a/c drew first.
When the victim ran away, into his home, & closed the door, the a/c pursued, broke into the home, shot, & ran.

Oh, and they've finally released the name of the a/c: Shields. Ironic.

exceltoexcel

Philadelphia Open Carry Protest

May 14th is now the tentative date. Please weigh in as I'm going to take it personally down to the office tomorrow morning and will be monitoring the situation via my phone up until that time.

Follow this here..
http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-1...h-philly-protest-ppd-abuses-mark-example.html

I'm not in the least bit worried about being arrested.

The permit has on it that it is an open carry march/demonstration.

I think the PPD is stupid but I don't think with all the letters of notification going out that they will want to arrest anyone, well want and will are two different things.

I'm carrying nearly everything I own..

There are two things to decide

1. Where

2. When (minus the amount of time it takes to get the permit back)

Right now the AG's office and/or the DA's office and/or the Town Hall lead the list for me.

The precinct was my knee jerk reaction but they already know its legal which is why they didn't arrest him initially anyway.

Here's my proposed route..
Nuts can't embed google maps..

The March route is 2.7 miles and i have about 15 people so far that have contacted me and told me they will attend. Some carrying and some carrying camcorders.

attachment.php

My MAP
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209062101511654191752.0004a1f021928358210f5&ll=39.95454,-75.159938&spn=0.00551,0.013078&z=17

Internal Affairs is out <-- this is too far

7790 Dungan Road, Philadelphia, PA 19111.

This would have been ideal (accross the street from the meeting)
http://www.phillypolice.com/news/philadelphia-police-department-holds-community-meeting-in-the

Philadelphia Police Department Holds Community Meeting in 3rd District
April 25, 2011

WHO: Deputy Commissioner Stephen Johnson-Police Internal Affairs Bureau
WHAT: Community Meeting
WHERE: Francis Scott Key Elementary School
2230 South 8th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
WHEN: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 6:00PM
The Philadelphia Police Department’s Internal Affairs Bureau will hold a community forum, on the aforementioned date, time and location. The objective is to provide members of the public an opportunity to share with the Department their concerns of crime in their neighborhoods and/or issues of police misconduct.

unfortunately we missed it :(

The Attorney general's office is near the city hall good for a continuous march up and down broad st.

Philadelphia District Attorney
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 686-8000

and/or..

Police Headquarters
750 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106

Thoughts, ideas, am I missing something, should the order be reversed?

Last edited:

Dreamer

Does anyone know if Josh Taylor is an OCDO member?

If he is, then this bodes ill for PPD.

We know the law. We know how to use the media.

And we are legion...

Many of us have been saying for MONTHS that the Philly situation would eventually lead to a lawful OCer gettign shot by some overzealous 2A-hating cop. We've been shouting for years that the PA General Assembly needs to strike the "Philly exception" from the books, and FORCE Philadelphia to follow the laws of the rest of the state. We've been saying that PPD was OBVIOUSLY on a very dangerous trajectory of escalation of abuse, brutality, and color of law civil rights infringements, and eventually, some law-abiding citizen was going to get shot...

Hate to say "we told you so", but this is EXACTLY what happens when municipalities are "given a pass" on State Law, and allowed to make up their own laws that violate the laws of the land. And when you have an out-of-control, corrupt, and dangerously incestuous police force and court system, it INEVITABLY leads to this sort of tragedy.

If there is going to be a March in Philly, y'all need to be sure to have the media there in FULL FORCE, because when you get shot, having it on tape will at least give your families a better chance to win a Federal 1983 suit, after the PPD launches their inevitable massive whitewash coverup.

Pray for the People of Philly, folks. They are being forced to live under a tyranny more egregious than even the People's Republic of Maryland...

kadar

falcn over at PAFOA has contacted Josh's girlfriends sister on Facebook.

http://forum.pafoa.org/1615697-post-324.html
falcn said:
I friended the sister of Brittnay on FB and she relayed Josh is now at home, but still recovering. His gf's sister told me the police came today with a warrant to try and take him in for questioning, but that he is still not in good enough health to be moved for something like that.

The family has a lawyer.

(kadar note: My Bold, size and color below)
http://forum.pafoa.org/1615988-post-333.html
falcn said:
Oh boy....

you guys are going to love this one...

Josh is now being charged with Attempted Murder by the DA according to Ms. Britton. with an expected $500,000 bail.

I don't see how that is even possible given that he was retreating from the confrontation.

ETA: Josh's gun was not even loaded, documented in the report I would expect. Lawyer said that looks really good for Josh. I have to agree, means he wasn't out planning to shoot cops or serfs. This is going beyond surreal now....