• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSP called about 2A Rally

amzbrady

When was this ever about race????

I'm disgusted by the cops taking advantage of that nice guy. I wish he was a bit more knowledgeable and didn't bend over to the cops though....

Sucks to live in Tampa next to suspicious neighbors with annoying ass dogs. Can't do nuffin about it, just go back in your house put away your damn gun and shut up!

I just said race as sarcasm, because as a caucasion male, he needs to grow a pair. He should be ashamed the way he opologized because he had pesonal protection on while by himself amongst 3 others from next door, then to opologized to the other guys girlfriend after being told to by the guy whose dogs were barking after hours. Isnt that what noise ordinances are for? He needs to stop acting like a vagina. He bent over and took it from the cops and the nieghbor. I'd put money on it that they both laughed at him afterwards.

amlevin

We are still stuck with this phrase in the law

in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Be as bold as your tolerance for inconvenience will allow.

The WSP is probably the most reasonable of Police Forces in the State and when they make a request like this I would believe that they are only concerned with safety, not deprivation of anyone's rights.

Last edited:

DEROS72

Bill and I were out yesterday and I had a message on my phone from WSP.That must be what it is about.I would expect OPEN CARRY, being that it is us initiallizing this rally to set the example.Last thing we need is an accidental disharge some inexperienced idiot figoting with his weapon. Anyone being seen handling a weapon will be asked to leave.I believe also WSP is concerned with saftety not deprivation of rights.They told me last year they never have a problem with us and we were an example.
I believe long guns are exceptable in light of the nature of this rally however loaded is jst trying to show off.

So ,unloaded, muzzle down action open.
if you must carry your long gun.Bob Put the flag in the Barrel like last year ,that was cool!
Your'e guns never work anyway :0P

Here is a good example from last years rally.

Last edited:

DEROS72

I just minutes ago talked again with the Officer and he just reiterated that he's isn't concerned with us and will be taking the day off with is family. I also reissured the grounds will be left spotless at the end of this event as it was last year.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well since they are offensive weapons, we should just ban them outright. I mean, seriously
My exwifes mouth was an offensive weapon. It got her in trouble every time she used it.
I think every weapon is for offense, and likewise everything as a weapon. I agree, the issue is safety. We should be prudent and set an example.

joeroket

My exwifes mouth was an offensive weapon. It got her in trouble every time she used it.
I think every weapon is for offense, and likewise everything as a weapon. I agree, the issue is safety. We should be prudent and set an example.

+1

It is not the item itself that defines it as an offensive or defensive weapon but rather the manner in which it is utilized. Anything can be used as an offensive weapon as well as a defensive weapon.

Last edited:

VW_Factor

When the WSP offers to clean and relube my rifle (for free) then I will MAYBE think about leaving my action opened and no mag inserted.

This is about what I would think. I understand not having one chambered up in a rifle for simple carry.. But really, action open and no mag?

sudden valley gunner

+1

It is not the item itself that defines it as an offensive or defensive weapon but rather the manner in which it is utilized. Anything can be used as an offensive weapon as well as a defensive weapon.

+1+1

Carry how you like just act responsible. I understand the request I also understand those who decline, as long as they still act responsible.

Jeff Hayes

I personaly will not be carrying a long gun. For safety sake I would prefer to see all long guns carried muzzle down or muzzle up, no magazine inserted. I really dont like being swept by the muzzle of a firearm, as far as I am concerned being swept by the muzzle of a firearm never is nor ever can be an accident.

Bob you were awesome last year, what a great example you were and are.

This march is to promote the 2nd Amandment and exercise our rights not to show off or to garner personal attention for any one person. Its not about you its about our collective rights. Nuff said.

Dave_pro2a

Thank God there are easy solutions to this 'request:'

00005181_f55ac604c034531296752647.jpg

143.jpg

PLR-16.jpg

SIG%20556%20Pistol_1.jpg

mosin_pistol.jpeg

:D

Tawnos

What are people who are 18-21 supposed to do? I think they should be quite happy to loaded rifle carry, since it's the only way they may meaningfully, legally keep and bear arms. Just saying, the request makes sense for 21+, but not 18-21

OrangeIsTrouble

What are people who are 18-20 supposed to do? I think they should be quite happy to loaded rifle carry, since it's the only way they may meaningfully, legally keep and bear arms. Just saying, the request makes sense for 21+, but not 18-20

Fixed

and +1.

Oh, and last I heard, this was a 2A rally, I didn't hear anything about an OC rally, handgun-in-a-pretty-little-holster rally, or self defense rally.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Carry loaded and what you want just be safe. I don't think there will be any hassles as long as you are safe. And there will be dozens of videos of any encounter the WSP would choose to engage in so I doubt they will as long as they see people behaving properly.