Thread: Stickies

Stickies

I know this has been brought up before but can we please remove some of the unnecessary stickies? I'm not saying its a bad topic/thread but we do not need to leave it up there forever.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I've tried getting some of the stickies pulled. There has been an idea to make one thread that says something like, "New? Start here", link all the stickies in that, and make it sticky und unsticky the referenced materials.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    This again?

Oh gee, a new thread about the sticky's? Its seems like there is a new one of these once a month or so.

Oh wait there is...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    someone should delete the threads about deleting stickies
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    lol, I'll second that. Admin has enough to do already. If you dont want to read it, then, how can I explain this in a way that's easily understood,?

Don't read it.

I'm just sick of getting on here and seeing them take up half the page. Does the open carry dinner in detroit really need to be a sticky? I'm not saying get rid of all of them just get rid of the ones we don't need.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

Banned
    Next to just practicing OC, events and get togethers are at the core of what we are doing. This is where we can come into contact with the media, as well as get people to notice that nothing bad happens when people, even in numbers carry guns, openly. Events should always be stickied, and Im glad the admin realise this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    just get rid of the ones we don't need.

Nobody disagrees with this, but the admin has lots to do, if a thread expires, then just flag it. You'll get a chance to leave a comment, so let them know that the event has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I've tried getting some of the stickies pulled. There has been an idea to make one thread that says something like, "New? Start here", link all the stickies in that, and make it sticky und unsticky the referenced materials.
    Yes I started a thread in March( http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-sticky-answer )and PM'ed the Mod twice and never got an answer.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Can we add this thread to the stickies, please?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

We mine as well just add all threads to the stickies.

Banned
    Just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Just mine.
    Haha of course stainless