• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westboro planning a protest at Ponderosa High School

mahkagari

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_17924390

Any Douglas County OCers want to help this "church" defending its 1A rights see what defending 2A rights looks like? Wouldn't need but a handful. Don't know if the Patriot Guard will be there. Anyone able to be point man?

For those unfamiliar, this is a disbarred attorney who leads a "church" of his children and grandchildren to spew the most hateful bigotry they can to incite someone to reacting so they can sue the municipality for being "hostile". Their latest tactic is to protest military funerals with signs that say "God bless IEDs", stating that the reason our men and women in uniform are dead and burning in Hell is for the US's soft status on homosexuals. They even made a pilgramage to Iraq to thank Sadaam for enforcing Islamic laws against gays.

They were planning to picket the funeral of a 9 year old girl in OK(?) when their tires were slashed at another funeral. The state's OCDO was planning a presence and they canceled their protest. Can't say specifically if the two are related, but I'd like to think so.

Maybe some of the Springs contingent can make it up. Should have CCWs as you're likely to be within 1000' of a school.

MKEgal

Wish I were close enough; I'd be there.
And I wonder how they got back in the country after their middle-east trip?
I mean, a hate group the FBI et. al. have to have their eyes on makes a trip to the middle-east?
That should elevate them to "arrest on sight & hold for further instructions or pick-up by men you can't ever tell about seeing" status.

Last edited:

PikesPeakMtnMan

FWIW I recently "talked" with the CO state captain of the Patriot Guard about these guys. He said in his experience they are mostly talk. They only actually show up to a small handful of the events they say they will.

I'd love to be there but since it falls on a weekday that puts me at work :(

since9

Campaign Veteran
No. Westboro Phelps folks idiots equals bad stuff and MASSIVE ANTICONSTITUTIONAL TROUBLE.

I'm surprised they do not yet have a 10 mile zone of non-interference around them.

What a bunch of self-serving jackwipes. I wish more folks would Wikipedia them and get a freakin' clue as to the massively degenerate anti-Jesus organization that's behind this crap: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_baptist_church

God with a capital G, if more people actually got a clue with respect to this very virulent and anti-Jesus-teaching group, they would dry up in a heart beat.

The more sane Christians fire volley's against them, the shorter their warped existence will be!

Last edited:

mahkagari

God with a capital G, if more people actually got a clue with respect to this very virulent and anti-Jesus-teaching group, they would dry up in a heart beat.

The more sane Christians fire volley's against them, the shorter their warped existence will be!

Actually, I think they're a bit more like your teeth. They thrive on publicity and sane Christians and others firing volleys against them.

Last edited:

bomber

i don't get it. you want to intimidate people excercising their 1A right by OC'ing?

whats the difference between that and a cop intimidating you with his gun and his badge out of your 2A right?

entartet17

I checked their website. Unless I missed it there are no planned protests at Ponderosa high school.

From their website:

"Ponderosa High School Graduation in Parker, CO May 19, 2011 7:15 AM - 8:00 AM

WBC will picket the Ponderosa High School Graduation to tell the graduates the truth for once in their miserable, worthless lives. Specifically, his nibs, Ryan Wheeler, who took up pen to lie about God and His servants at WBC, and to show his complete ignorance of Doomed american law and history. His parents and teachers must be so proud of his advocating for the repeal of the First Amendment on the alter of worshipping dead soldiers. That "old piece of paper" (the United States Constitution) is a beautiful garment with which God Almighty clothed this ungrateful, rebellious nation. You despise all of God's blessings, so you will have none of them! It's all curses all day for you rebels.

You have made the youth of this nation absolutely good for nothing but destruction -- fodder for the killing fields of Iraq and Afghanistan. Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not. (Isa. 65:12.)

The words WBC brings to you today are life and health to anyone who will hear and heed. Your only hope is to repent (stop your filthy sinning) and obey God. We recommend it! Thank Ryan for inviting us!"

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

mahkagari

i don't get it. you want to intimidate people excercising their 1A right by OC'ing?
"Intimidate" isn't the word, I'd use. Just make their hostility less comfortable for them. We can try another tact if you want. Is there an OCer out there who looks like Clay Aiken and wants to make out with me to really peeve them off?

whats the difference between that and a cop intimidating you with his gun and his badge out of your 2A right?

Well, the difference between me and a LEO, for starters, is that he's a LEO and I'm....well, not. See he's a cop and I'm not, so that's a difference. Him being a cop and me not being a cop is a difference. It's the definition of a difference, really. You know, when things are different, then that's a difference, see? Stop me if I'm going too fast.

Anyone seen the Rankin County, Mississippi reports of handling Westboro?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...rch-vets-funeral-didnt-go-planned-merged.html

While I applaud the citizenry, I don't approve of official means or public resources to inhibit WBC. But I can't bring myself to complain too loudly.

Last edited: