Thread: Carrying in Colorado Springs

Carrying in Colorado Springs

I have an event I am going to in Colorado Springs in a few months. What is the atmosphere on Open Carry in this part of Colorado?
    Last edited by thejax; 04-26-2011 at 11:27 AM.

We visited about a year ago. I OCed everywhere. No issues whatsoever. The locals will chime in soon saying El Paso county is one of if not the most gun friendly places in the state.

El Paso county is one of if not the most gun friendly places in the state.

One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

I carry all over the Springs and have never had a problem. Woodland Park Library.....now that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jhco50 View Post
    I carry all over the Springs and have never had a problem. Woodland Park Library.....now that is a different story.
    Sound's like a wonderful setting for meeting at the donut place (in which I've carried many times) and meandering up to the library, complete with 1/2/3 level video. If Woodland park can support our 2A rights, fine. If they can't, their anti-library and grossly anti-intellctual antics, contrary to both the U.S. Constitution and all Colorado State Statues, will be recorded for all time for all to see.

How about a real-time 4G streaming update so that even if they attempt a cam-grab, that's out to billions of others the moment the do so?

Seriously - our world is changing. If we employ the right tools, we no longer have to fear the small-man local PDs who've never figured out how to enforce their own regs in accordance with their own law, much less state law of which many of them remain without a clue.

Yes, SERIOUSLY. Although I've visited Colorado for several years, I've only visited it on several occasions, yet I detect decidedly anti-Constitutional bents in the efforts of it's legislature.

GROW A BRAIN, PEOPLE!!!

You have a brain, don't you? Then please use it instead of repeatedly siding with your life-long party while they rape your hard-earned dollars while promising the moon and proclaiming everything will be all right. No society in history as EVER lasted going down that road, period, bar none. Neither will ours. It's a pipe dream, and if you ever want your kids or kids' kids to have life all, give this pipe dream the horrendously animostic boot it deserves.
    Last edited by since9; 04-27-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    El Paso county is one of if not the most gun friendly places in the state.

In the US. Strongly military, active and retired, former and Defense Contractors, conservative to the letter and city and County police that are well trained and supportive of the 2A from the top on down. I've lived in NH, VA and TX--all gun friendly, but nothing compared to COS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    In the US. Strongly military, active and retired, former and Defense Contractors, conservative to the letter and city and County police that are well trained and supportive of the 2A from the top on down. I've lived in NH, VA and TX--all gun friendly, but nothing compared to COS.
    +1000
    Ive carried all over the place in COS and never ran into a problem, no confrontations. All i've ever had to deal with is people staring, which is to be expected.
    Last edited by sfmiller08; 04-27-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    How about a real-time 4G streaming update so that even if they attempt a cam-grab, that's out to billions of others the moment the do so?
    No 4G in Woodland park. Realtime audio upload would not be a problem though. Maybe low quality video.

Quote Originally Posted by jhco50 View Post
    That sounds like the opener to a stoy I'd love to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Exactly, now you gotta tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    It's somewhere in the Colorado Section. From what I recall, he entered, and was yelled at by the librarian. When he pointed out that notice is required to be posted, she taped a note to the door. Don't know whether that's just her decision (in which case I'd challenge it) or an ordinance passed by the municipality with authority over the library (in which case Colorado State law allows it).

Woodland park suffers from excessive proximity to the Dinosaur museum. That and their wonderful Donut Mill. However, too much of a good thing...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.