Thread: Question for a gun newbie...

Exclamation Question for a gun newbie...

I went on gunbroker.com and I purchased a nice M&P .40 for a good price from a FFL in PA.

My FFL emailed his license over and payment was rendered.

Today he calls me that he has the gun and that he needs a bill of sale, as one was not included to show him as the buyer. He does have the FFL from the PA dealer.

IS this normal procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by sfjmercado View Post
    I went on gunbroker.com and I purchased a nice M&P .40 for a good price from a FFL in PA.

My FFL emailed his license over and payment was rendered.

Today he calls me that he has the gun and that he needs a bill of sale, as one was not included to show him as the buyer. He does have the FFL from the PA dealer.

IS this normal procedure?
    That's news to me. Usually only the FFL is required, and typically a receipt showing that YOU paid the original seller. Does this FFL dealer you're working with, have much experience, or did he just start doing this stuff?
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Well he is a security company owner, and he locally gets transfers in for many people. I would just like to see that indicated in MI law.

When I order a firearm from an FFL I always get a bill of sale inside the box/package. (I have an 03 FFL) I am surprised that the PA FFL Dealer did not send one with the package. I would probably contact the FFL in PA and see if he/she would be willing to fax one over.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.