• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from the NRA-ILA last night..

VW_Factor

Read through it. It made it sound like Wayne LaPierre had discovered and blown out the story for the ATF scandal.. /facepalm

Seriously. WTF?! Did the NRA have anything to do with this at all? :banghead:

PavePusher

Kind of like a few months back when their write-up of the McDonald case made it sound like it was entirely their deal, with no mention at all of Alan Gura or the SAF?

Yeah, it makes my ears bleed.... and I'm a member. Sigh.

Accountability. It's not just a financial term.....

Read through it. It made it sound like Wayne LaPierre had discovered and blown out the story for the ATF scandal.. /facepalm

Seriously. WTF?! Did the NRA have anything to do with this at all? :banghead:

Last edited:

rickc1962

I listen or watch Cam & Co. on NRA news 2 or 3 times a week, and altho it is a great avenue for 2nd Amendment stuff, I do have to laugh some times at things they say. Two nights ago, someone from my State sent in a talk back asking about SB1201, Cam stated it was sent to the Governor's desk, and she had til May 2nd to sign or not, he then went over the rest of our pro 2nd Amendment bills. He was right on his information, but he said they were all NRA backed bills, and give no credit to the AZCDL.

I wanted to call or send a tank back to say that if the person from Az. just joined, or at least added their E-mail to AZCDL, they would know more about the bills then the NRA probaly does

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
They do the same thing here in Virginia. NRA backed does not mean they did anything , they just support them. They take credit for everything and in reality do very litlle except on the national level and even then they horn their way in and take all the credit.

It's the grassroots gun rights groups in the states they really force the changes in the laws.

Michigander

And as I pointed out in the Michigan forum the other day, they took credit for getting shall issue legislation passed here about 10 years ago, despite the fact it was almost exclusively MCRGO's deal.

They have a rich tradition of stealing credit/mooching off of other peoples success, negotiating rights away and offering horrifyingly inept "training". All this while weaving their way into the very fabric of most of American gun culture and making a fortune on it. As a community, all gun owners should be embarrassed by what they've allowed the NRA to turn into.