Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-issue her ammendment!!!

================= T I T L E A M E N D M E N T ================
    22 And the title is amended as follows:
    23 Delete lines 2 - 5
    24 and insert:
    25 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,
    26 F.S.; providing that person in compliance with the
    27 terms of a concealed carry license is not in violation
    28 of s. 790.053(1), F.S., when the concealed firearm is
    29 accidentally or inadvertently displayed to the
    30 ordinary sight of another person; amending s. 790.06,
    31 F.S.; allowing
    this is a must**** http://youtu.be/l0BgLk1i9yY****

Wow, what a ****. I really don't like her anymore. Persistently destructive. All effort must be made to remove her from office no matter the outcome. She seems to have a vendetta.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-issue her ammendment!!!

================= T I T L E A M E N D M E N T ================
    22 And the title is amended as follows:
    23 Delete lines 2 - 5
    24 and insert:
    25 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,
    26 F.S.; providing that person in compliance with the
    27 terms of a concealed carry license is not in violation
    28 of s. 790.053(1), F.S., when the concealed firearm is
    29 accidentally or inadvertently displayed to the
    30 ordinary sight of another person; amending s. 790.06,
    31 F.S.; allowing
    This is 100% expected. It is an unworkable amendment. Since Mike Bascom has confirmed 24 yes votes on clean OC, we're probably OK. What's disturbing is that I don't think Hammer or Dorworth or Baxley can be there to defend OC. Evers' doesn't shine when arguing against the fascists.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

For crying out loud, she needs to get her freedom-hating self out of our lives and legislature.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    All effort must be made to remove her from office no matter the outcome.
    Yes, I just quoted myself.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    confirmed 24 yes votes on clean OC
    I'll believe it when I see it. Not calling anyone a liar... I just don't trust these freaks. I don't even trust the Author... :-p

You guys got enough pro-freedom senators to stop this anti-freedom amendment?

For that area, she's probably as good as it gets. Southeast Coast is new jersey south.

I predict the amendment is voted down and OC passed. If not, the ship must be scuttled and another attempt made next year. If the amendment becomes law, the attitude will be "good enough."
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Well I'll be showering her opponent with donations. I'm going to make it my mission to kick her out.

Should we be writing her emails to withdraw this amendment? Something along the lines of "this continual anti-rights behavior is not going to help you come election time" These "representatives" need to keep their personal beliefs and opinions out of our legislature and do what they are supposed to: represent OUR beliefs and opinions as citizens.

This makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by 20SomethingSnowbird View Post
    Should we be writing her emails to withdraw this amendment? Something along the lines of "this continual anti-rights behavior is not going to help you come election time" These "representatives" need to keep their personal beliefs and opinions out of our legislature and do what they are supposed to: represent OUR beliefs and opinions as citizens.

This makes me sick.
    She's far too gone. She doesn't see herself as anti gun. Indeed, we just had a well known expert on firearms law and an NRA instructor trash our rights in the Gainesville Sun. Emails to the other senator is what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    Well I'll be showering her opponent with donations. I'm going to make it my mission to kick her out.
    Careful, you know what Neocons like her do to "True Believers."

Careful, you know what Neocons like her do to "True Believers."
    I want to also verify with the NRA that she's losing her A+ grade and endorsement. As of right now, regardless of her vote, she's failed with gun rights.

already wrote to her.
    will email all senators to oppose it if she does not withdraw.
    I feel a lot better after hearing our supposed 24 Yeas, but her repeated attempts with this amendment make me queasy.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Hey there.

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    I want to also verify with the NRA that she's losing her A+ grade and endorsement. As of right now, regardless of her vote, she's failed with gun rights.
    While you're at it, ask the NRA while they keep muddying the waters by issuing this text in their proposals:

Provides that concealed weapons license holders may also carry openly - to prevent license holders from being charged with the crime of violating the "Open Carry" law because a concealed firearm accidentally or inadvertently became visible.
    OC is OC, not a watered down version left to interpretation of whether we "accidentally or inadvertently" show the piece or not.

Regards,
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    already wrote to her.
    I feel a lot better after hearing our supposed 24 Yeas, but her repeated attempts with this amendment make me queasy.
    Tucky used the words "solid 24". This suggests an adequate defense of OC will keep them on board.

Well, at least this roller coaster will be over tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    already wrote to her.
    Can someone draw up a opposition letter?

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    at least this roller coaster will be over tomorrow morning.
    I just want to take a bunch of sleeping pills and knock myself out until Thursday. This is freakin' horrible. Having to talk to these people and listen to their rhetoric is brutal. I wonder if America has any chance left at all. It's very depressing dealing with the politicians. They hate the crap out of everything this nation was meant to be. I almost want to leave the country.

Almost.

Yes, I just quoted myself.
    haha +1...wait +2 haha
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

I just want to take a bunch of sleeping pills and knock myself out until Thursday. This is freakin' horrible. Having to talk to these people and listen to their rhetoric is brutal. I wonder if America has any chance left at all. It's very depressing dealing with the politicians. They hate the crap out of everything this nation was meant to be. I almost want to leave the country.

Almost.
    I know what you mean. I am unable to watch mainstream news on any issue. Like nails on a chalkboard. I could get up and speak in front of these committees or sessions no problem, but I can't be a passive listener. I plan on watching tomorrow's proceedings with the volume muted. I just can't stand it.

What country is better than this on gun rights?

Here's what I used as an opposition letter, sent to all except for her, use or modify it as you wish:
    (SUBJECT: Reject Senator Bogdanoff's amendment, support SB234 in its current form)
    Dear Senators,

Senator Bogdanoff is repeating her attempt to destroy the open carry provisions in SB234 our of her personal disapproval. It is her job, and yours, to represent and promote the will and needs of the people, not her personal opinions or yours.

Her amendment will not and cannot fix the problem of accidental exposure and printing. It leaves the issue subjective, and completely up to a law enforcement officer and witnesses to accuse a lawful carrier of rude, threatening, or angry display of a weapon.

Her amendment, if adopted, would solve nothing, and would do nothing that the current statutes do not. It is clear she is not a solid supporter of our second amendment rights and a vocal opponent of legalizing conventional open carry, even by licensed individuals, which is the minimum necessary to solve the current problems with our concealed carry licensing and statutes.

Please oppose this unworkable, subjective amendment that fails to solve the problem. SB234, as presently written is reasonable and works to fix the problems with our current laws, while increasing our freedom. Out of respect for our sacred Constitution, please oppose Senator Bogdanoff's amendment to SB234, and support the bill in its present form.

Thank you,
    < >
    American Government 101:

I know people say the system is broke. This is true. But you should ask your self why the system is broke. I offer my opinion as the answer. We let it break. We no longer impeach crooked officials, we no longer research the people running, we let the media tell us who to vote for, we accept that we can only vote for who is on the ballet, and on top of that we think we have to vote for the lessor of 2 evils. If you want to fix the system, we must do it from the out side in. yes i said it that way. Bitching is not going to get it done. For far to long we have let the wealthy and powerful take us for a ride we didnt pledge allegiance to. Let stick it to them and vote em out and show them who runs this country. Are WE THE PEOPLE?
    John Strifler for FL State Senate District 1 for 2012
    crashnjax@att.net
    crash.jax_fl on yahoo
    johnstrifler4senate.proboards.com

Political advertisement paid for and approved by John p. Strifler, no party affiliation, state senate

is it me or did she propose two amendments that both kill open carry? What district is she from?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/0234

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike9419 View Post
    is it me or did she propose two amendments that both kill open carry? What district is she from?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/0234
    This is just getting strange now.

12 It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to
    13 carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who
    14 is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly
    15 and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another
    16 person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an
    17 angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

She's trying desperately to find "middle ground" here. She's not understanding that the opinionated language is not going to work in reality. But now it's approaching weirdness.

If "brief" Open Carry is OK, why not just allow Open Carry???? I wish I could get her on the phone and ask her these questions.
    Last edited by nigmalg; 04-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast