• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-

~*'Phoenix'*~

Here's what I used as an opposition letter, sent to all except for her, use or modify it as you wish:
(SUBJECT: Reject Senator Bogdanoff's amendment, support SB234 in its current form)
Dear Senators,

Senator Bogdanoff is repeating her attempt to destroy the open carry provisions in SB234 our of her personal disapproval. It is her job, and yours, to represent and promote the will and needs of the people, not her personal opinions or yours.

Her amendment will not and cannot fix the problem of accidental exposure and printing. It leaves the issue subjective, and completely up to a law enforcement officer and witnesses to accuse a lawful carrier of rude, threatening, or angry display of a weapon.

Her amendment, if adopted, would solve nothing, and would do nothing that the current statutes do not. It is clear she is not a solid supporter of our second amendment rights and a vocal opponent of legalizing conventional open carry, even by licensed individuals, which is the minimum necessary to solve the current problems with our concealed carry licensing and statutes.

Please oppose this unworkable, subjective amendment that fails to solve the problem. SB234, as presently written is reasonable and works to fix the problems with our current laws, while increasing our freedom. Out of respect for our sacred Constitution, please oppose Senator Bogdanoff's amendment to SB234, and support the bill in its present form.

Thank you,
< >

crashnjax

I know people say the system is broke. This is true. But you should ask your self why the system is broke. I offer my opinion as the answer. We let it break. We no longer impeach crooked officials, we no longer research the people running, we let the media tell us who to vote for, we accept that we can only vote for who is on the ballet, and on top of that we think we have to vote for the lessor of 2 evils. If you want to fix the system, we must do it from the out side in. yes i said it that way. Bitching is not going to get it done. For far to long we have let the wealthy and powerful take us for a ride we didnt pledge allegiance to. Let stick it to them and vote em out and show them who runs this country. Are WE THE PEOPLE?:question:

nigmalg

is it me or did she propose two amendments that both kill open carry? What district is she from?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/0234

This is just getting strange now.

12 It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to
13 carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who
14 is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly
15 and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another
16 person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an
17 angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

She's trying desperately to find "middle ground" here. She's not understanding that the opinionated language is not going to work in reality. But now it's approaching weirdness.

If "brief" Open Carry is OK, why not just allow Open Carry???? I wish I could get her on the phone and ask her these questions.

Last edited:

20SomethingSnowbird

Who defines brief? I reach for the imitation store brand frosted flakes featuring Terry the Tiger on the top shelf at Publix, my shirt raises up displaying my glistening, classically chiseled mid section, and my P229. My shirt unknowing to me gets caught on the hammer and leaves my weapon in full view all the way from aisle 3 to aisle 12 where I notice that SHOUT Spray and Wash is on sale and I loudly exclaim that fact, drawing attention to me. The seafood attendant yells "GUN!" and then I realize my gun has been showing this entire time, inadvertently and accidentally. Am I now going to jail? In the grand scheme of life, the time it took me to realize this was "brief" but who defines brief?

77zach

Pathetic

Given the furor, you'd think this was going to make Florida a gold star state. I just won't have words if this fails tomorrow. We're proposing to let a segment of the population choose how to exercise a right, which segment is less likely to commit a violent crime than law enforcement- the people the anti's feel warm and cozy around when they see them carrying arms.

They don't even want us to have a symbol of freedom? The US is not very free, but bearing arms is one of the highest expressions of liberty, historically. If they deny people this token symbol tomorrow.... I don't know. I'll mourn even more for the future of this state and nation.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'm glad she modified it, the new version is so sketchy, vague, and rediculous that even politicians won't be able to take it seriously.

~*'Phoenix'*~

But I tell you what, I will be absolutel PIS*** if she get's to have both of those PO* amendments voted on tomorrow

Rick H

This lady is retarded because again, she now again states that you can no longer carry your Cell phone, Camera, Pager, Bluetooth or and other such device in the view of others. RETARAD
And a Cell phone can be used as a weapon for self defense, Calling the police or who ever else. and therefore could be construed as a weapon also for hitting.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

This lady is retarded because again, she now again states that you can no longer carry your Cell phone, Camera, Pager, Bluetooth or and other such device in the view of others. *RETARD*

Just in good humor, but may I suggest correct spelling of the word?
:monkey:rolleyes::monkey

:lol:I wish they would outlaw OC of Bluetooth :lol:
Those things annoy me to no end...

Last edited:

20SomethingSnowbird

This lady is retarded because again, she now again states that you can no longer carry your Cell phone, Camera, Pager, Bluetooth or and other such device in the view of others. RETARAD

+1 I noticed that too... I don't think these senators really understand the impact their vote on this bill will have (in most regions) on their chances for re-election. I've been told to run for some sort of political office many times and after watching this crap (The Sen. Margolis incident threw me over the edge), I may actually do it. I don't have a personal agenda at all, I just want to see good honest hard working people happy. Whose votes can I count on?? lol (obviously not the bad dishonest lazy people)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If "brief" Open Carry is OK, why not just allow Open Carry???? I wish I could get her on the phone and ask her these questions.

She's trying to find a way not to be labeled as exactly what she is....

No, you wouldn't want to talk to her on the phone. She'll talk you in circles and say nothing. You'll accomplish nothing, hear a bunch of counter-intuitive hot air, and wish you hadn't wasted all that time out of your life that you can never get back.

She's a two-faced time-waster in a position of too much power.

~*'Phoenix'*~

What one's

The one's people have in their ears. As you walk by, you think they're asking "hey, how's it going?" and you start to say "Ok, how ya doing?" but realize halfway through, that though it seemed like they were talking to you, in fact, they are carrying on a conversation with... no one???... Oh, wait, one of those stupid blue things in their ear...

Rick H

Also who's to judge Myself or other as to what our intent was when our whatever displays openly. Nobody can possibly know what one's intent was or is.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-issue her ammendment!!!

================= T I T L E A M E N D M E N T ================
22 And the title is amended as follows:
23 Delete lines 2 - 5
24 and insert:
25 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,
26 F.S.; providing that person in compliance with the
27 terms of a concealed carry license is not in violation
28 of s. 790.053(1), F.S., when the concealed firearm is
29 accidentally or inadvertently displayed to the
30 ordinary sight of another person; amending s. 790.06,
31 F.S.; allowing

So does this mean OC is not going to be legal? Just legal if your firearm "prints/flashes?"

Mike Stollenwerk April 26 at 5:31pm Reply • Report
Open carriers:

This is the most serious alert we have ever sent.

We’re down to the wire. On Wednesday MORNING, the Florida Senate will vote on SB 234 to legalize open carry.

The vote will be close, and we will either win, or lose, by 1-2 votes.

No matter where you live, we need you to fire off an email NOW to the Florida Senate - just sign with your name only.

Mike & John

-------

TO:
alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov; altman.thad.web@flsenate.gov; benacquisto.lizbeth.web@flsenate.gov;bennett.mike.web@flsenate.gov; bogdanoff.ellyn.web@flsenate.gov; bullard.larcenia.web@flsenate.gov;dean.charles.web@flsenate.gov; detert.nancy.web@flsenate.gov; portilla.miguel.web@flsenate.gov;dockery.paula.web@flsenate.gov; evers.greg.web@flsenate.gov; fasano.mike.web@flsenate.gov;flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov; gaetz.don.web@flsenate.gov; garcia.rene.web@flsenate.gov;gardiner.andy.web@flsenate.gov; haridopolos.mike.web@flsenate.gov; hays.alan.web@flsenate.gov;hill.tony.web@flsenate.gov; jones.dennis.web@flsenate.gov; joyner.arthenia.web@flsenate.gov;latvala.jack.web@flsenate.gov; lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov; margolis.gwen.web@flsenate.gov;montford.bill.web@flsenate.gov; negron.joe.web@flsenate.gov; norman.jim.web@flsenate.gov;oelrich.steve.web@flsenate.gov; rich.nan.web@flsenate.gov; richter.garrett.web@flsenate.gov;ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov; sachs.maria.web@flsenate.gov; simmons.david.web@flsenate.gov;siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov; smith.chris.web@flsenate.gov; sobel.eleanor.web@flsenate.gov;storms.ronda.web@flsenate.gov; thrasher.john.web@flsenate.gov; wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

SUBJECT: Vote for Open Carry in SB 234

Dear Senator,

Senate Bill 234 deserves your support, as do the 801,219 active concealed carry licensees who have patiently waited for this bill for over 23 years.

Governor Scott has already stated he will sign the bill as a 2nd Amendment supporter and open carry advocate. Florida is one of only seven states that do not permit some form of general open carry.

The objections raised by law enforcement and retail associations make no mention that the practice of open carry is successful in 43 states, nor do they acknowledge their dire predictions are the same “blood in the streets” arguments of almost a quarter-century ago. Those predictions have been proven unfounded.

Please help support the law abiding carriers of Florida and vote in favor of SB 234.

Respectfully yours,

<your name>

Did you do it yet? I have!

Last edited:

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Forget ELO's "Evil Woman" now she gets upgraded to Black Sabbath's "Evil Woman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2zwdErPvQ

Well, this answers the question I had the other day on whether or not amendments could "phoenix"
Let's hope this time it goes down in flames and stays down.

Of course, this isn't an "amendment" in the true sense of the word, it replaces the bill entirely.

I guess her "kindergarten math" she referenced in committee...only applied to the committee.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Turning it into a cell phone/gps/pager/laptop/tablet/camera/recorder ban doesn't help her position, either....

What is the purpose of adding the 'electronic device' wording at all? I already said 'electronic weapon.' Clearly the 'device' part was added exclusively for the purpose of banning cell phones, etc... It can't possible serve any other purpose. Wording that banned any kind of weapon was already there...

Retarded and hates even 'regulated' Freedom. She's way off the deep end. She's going to alienate more voters by opposing this than by voting for it. All for the sake of her own ego trip replacing the will of those she's supposed to represent.

I hope she gets hit by a bus.