• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-

deserteagle50

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-issue her ammendment!!!

================= T I T L E A M E N D M E N T ================
22 And the title is amended as follows:
23 Delete lines 2 - 5
24 and insert:
25 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,
26 F.S.; providing that person in compliance with the
27 terms of a concealed carry license is not in violation
28 of s. 790.053(1), F.S., when the concealed firearm is
29 accidentally or inadvertently displayed to the
30 ordinary sight of another person; amending s. 790.06,
31 F.S.; allowing

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Wow, what a turd. I really don't like her anymore. Persistently destructive. All effort must be made to remove her from office no matter the outcome. She seems to have a vendetta.

77zach

ALERT!!! Please read floor amendment proposed for SB234!!! Bodganoff had tried to re-issue her ammendment!!!

================= T I T L E A M E N D M E N T ================
22 And the title is amended as follows:
23 Delete lines 2 - 5
24 and insert:
25 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.053,
26 F.S.; providing that person in compliance with the
27 terms of a concealed carry license is not in violation
28 of s. 790.053(1), F.S., when the concealed firearm is
29 accidentally or inadvertently displayed to the
30 ordinary sight of another person; amending s. 790.06,
31 F.S.; allowing

This is 100% expected. It is an unworkable amendment. Since Mike Bascom has confirmed 24 yes votes on clean OC, we're probably OK. What's disturbing is that I don't think Hammer or Dorworth or Baxley can be there to defend OC. Evers' doesn't shine when arguing against the fascists.

77zach

For that area, she's probably as good as it gets. Southeast Coast is new jersey south.

I predict the amendment is voted down and OC passed. If not, the ship must be scuttled and another attempt made next year. If the amendment becomes law, the attitude will be "good enough."

20SomethingSnowbird

Should we be writing her emails to withdraw this amendment? Something along the lines of "this continual anti-rights behavior is not going to help you come election time" These "representatives" need to keep their personal beliefs and opinions out of our legislature and do what they are supposed to: represent OUR beliefs and opinions as citizens.

This makes me sick.

77zach

Should we be writing her emails to withdraw this amendment? Something along the lines of "this continual anti-rights behavior is not going to help you come election time" These "representatives" need to keep their personal beliefs and opinions out of our legislature and do what they are supposed to: represent OUR beliefs and opinions as citizens.

This makes me sick.

She's far too gone. She doesn't see herself as anti gun. Indeed, we just had a well known expert on firearms law and an NRA instructor trash our rights in the Gainesville Sun. Emails to the other senator is what is needed.

~*'Phoenix'*~

already wrote to her.
will email all senators to oppose it if she does not withdraw.
I feel a lot better after hearing our supposed 24 Yeas, but her repeated attempts with this amendment make me queasy.

JRoque

Hey there.

I want to also verify with the NRA that she's losing her A+ grade and endorsement. As of right now, regardless of her vote, she's failed with gun rights.

While you're at it, ask the NRA while they keep muddying the waters by issuing this text in their proposals:

Provides that concealed weapons license holders may also carry openly - to prevent license holders from being charged with the crime of violating the "Open Carry" law because a concealed firearm accidentally or inadvertently became visible.

OC is OC, not a watered down version left to interpretation of whether we "accidentally or inadvertently" show the piece or not.

Regards,
JR

77zach

already wrote to her.
I feel a lot better after hearing our supposed 24 Yeas, but her repeated attempts with this amendment make me queasy.

Tucky used the words "solid 24". This suggests an adequate defense of OC will keep them on board.

Well, at least this roller coaster will be over tomorrow morning.

10x

already wrote to her.

Can someone draw up a opposition letter?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
at least this roller coaster will be over tomorrow morning.

I just want to take a bunch of sleeping pills and knock myself out until Thursday. This is freakin' horrible. Having to talk to these people and listen to their rhetoric is brutal. I wonder if America has any chance left at all. It's very depressing dealing with the politicians. They hate the crap out of everything this nation was meant to be. I almost want to leave the country.

Almost.

77zach

I just want to take a bunch of sleeping pills and knock myself out until Thursday. This is freakin' horrible. Having to talk to these people and listen to their rhetoric is brutal. I wonder if America has any chance left at all. It's very depressing dealing with the politicians. They hate the crap out of everything this nation was meant to be. I almost want to leave the country.

Almost.

I know what you mean. I am unable to watch mainstream news on any issue. Like nails on a chalkboard. I could get up and speak in front of these committees or sessions no problem, but I can't be a passive listener. I plan on watching tomorrow's proceedings with the volume muted. I just can't stand it.