Thread: Nationwide fire mission for florida open carry!

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Nationwide fire mission for florida open carry!

This is the most serious alert we have ever sent.

We’re down to the wire. On Wednesday MORNING, the Florida Senate will vote on SB 234 to legalize open carry.

The vote will be close, and we will either win, or lose, by 1-2 votes.

No matter where you live, we need you to fire off an email NOW to the Florida Senate - just sign with your name only.

Mike & John

TO:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; African;;;;;;;;;;;;;

SUBJECT: Vote for Open Carry in SB 234

Dear Senator,

Senate Bill 234 deserves your support, as do the 801,219 active concealed carry licensees who have patiently waited for this bill for over 23 years.

Governor Scott has already stated he will sign the bill as a 2nd Amendment supporter and open carry advocate. Florida is one of only seven states that do not permit some form of general open carry.

The objections raised by law enforcement and retail associations make no mention that the practice of open carry is successful in 43 states, nor do they acknowledge their dire predictions are the same “blood in the streets” arguments of almost a quarter-century ago. Those predictions have been proven unfounded.

Please help support the law abiding carriers of Florida and vote in favor of SB 234.

Respectfully yours,

<your name>
    Last edited by Mike; 04-26-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Sent to all.

Damn a lot of auto responses, hope they open e-mail before they vote.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 04-26-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Good luck FL!!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Sent to 100% of the people on the list - been getting positive feed back from many.

I think this just may make it through - holding my breath though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Suwannee County, FL
    I'd like to add, it would be nice to say "The rest of us are already doing this, please get Floriduh up to speed..."
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.