• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nationwide fire mission for florida open carry!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
This is the most serious alert we have ever sent.

We’re down to the wire. On Wednesday MORNING, the Florida Senate will vote on SB 234 to legalize open carry.

The vote will be close, and we will either win, or lose, by 1-2 votes.

No matter where you live, we need you to fire off an email NOW to the Florida Senate - just sign with your name only.

Mike & John

-------

TO:

alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov; altman.thad.web@flsenate.gov; benacquisto.lizbeth.web@flsenate.gov;
bennett.mike.web@flsenate.gov; bogdanoff.ellyn.web@flsenate.gov; bullard.larcenia.web@flsenate.gov;
dean.charles.web@flsenate.gov; detert.nancy.web@flsenate.gov; portilla.miguel.web@flsenate.gov;
dockery.paula.web@flsenate.gov; evers.greg.web@flsenate.gov; fasano.mike.web@flsenate.gov;
flores.anitere.web@flsenate.gov; gaetz.don.web@flsenate.gov; garcia.rene.web@flsenate.gov;
gardiner.andy.web@flsenate.gov; haridopolos.mike.web@flsenate.gov; hays.alan.web@flsenate.gov;
hill.tony.web@flsenate.gov; jones.dennis.web@flsenate.gov; joyner.arthenia.web@flsenate.gov;
latvala.jack.web@flsenate.gov; lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov; margolis.gwen.web@flsenate.gov;
montford.bill.web@flsenate.gov; negron.joe.web@flsenate.gov; norman.jim.web@flsenate.gov;
oelrich.steve.web@flsenate.gov; rich.nan.web@flsenate.gov; richter.garrett.web@flsenate.gov;
ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov; sachs.maria.web@flsenate.gov; simmons.david.web@flsenate.gov;
siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov; smith.chris.web@flsenate.gov; sobel.eleanor.web@flsenate.gov;
storms.ronda.web@flsenate.gov; thrasher.john.web@flsenate.gov; wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

SUBJECT: Vote for Open Carry in SB 234

Dear Senator,

Senate Bill 234 deserves your support, as do the 801,219 active concealed carry licensees who have patiently waited for this bill for over 23 years.

Governor Scott has already stated he will sign the bill as a 2nd Amendment supporter and open carry advocate. Florida is one of only seven states that do not permit some form of general open carry.

The objections raised by law enforcement and retail associations make no mention that the practice of open carry is successful in 43 states, nor do they acknowledge their dire predictions are the same “blood in the streets” arguments of almost a quarter-century ago. Those predictions have been proven unfounded.

Please help support the law abiding carriers of Florida and vote in favor of SB 234.

Respectfully yours,

<your name>

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sent to 100% of the people on the list - been getting positive feed back from many.

I think this just may make it through - holding my breath though.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'd like to add, it would be nice to say "The rest of us are already doing this, please get Floriduh up to speed..."