• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Ms Get together

MSRebel54

Well just my luck something has come up and the 20th is the only day I won't be able to make it! This is Very disappointing! I have been looking forward to this for MONTHS!!!!!!:(:(

I am sorry to hear that. Well, we knew from the start that NO date would accommodate everyone. If things change between now and then, be sure and let us know. I know you were looking forward to this.

MSRebel54

OC Meet Ad

Hey guys, there is a publication around MS called 'Tradewinds Classified', it reaches a good many people and some of you may be familiar with it. I got the bright idea to advertise our meet in the sporting goods section. At first they weren't sure what I was advertising, and I had to call them and explain, but they gave the go ahead after I explained.

I did both the print version and the on line version. Not sure when the print version comes out. But it's a weekly publication. Once the on line version is posted, I'll post a link.

Hopefully, we'll get a few more because of this!

Chap

Why not just do it both days??????

You guys hook up on the 13th and if there is interest then I could meet and greet with who every is available for lunch on the 20th

It's all about meeting other forum members anyway. I say more the merrier.

Chap

MSRebel54

You guys hook up on the 13th and if there is interest then I could meet and greet with who every is available for lunch on the 20th

It's all about meeting other forum members anyway. I say more the merrier.

Chap
Well, I mean I'd be happy to meet anyone who wanted to come up on the 13th, but I live here. Some folks may not want to spend that gas money twice, or do the driving twice. From the postings, at least one more could make it on the 20th as opposed to the 13th. And the ad I put in the magazine states it's going to be on the 20th.

There's already interest. Four committed, and I've got a couple of locals who are still not sure about their work schedule. But again, if anyone wants to meet on the 13th as well as the 20th, just post or PM me.
Thanks

Chap

I'm usually held to one hour from home

I stand 24/7 duty for a week. Usually we stay within one hour from home, to respond to duty call on the Mississippi river. I could possible try to do the 13th pending any marine casualties on the Mississippi river. Why don't we go for the 13th and if I can't make it then I'll meet you on the 20th. Barring any problems I'll also meet everyone on the 20th also. Please don't hold things up for me, lets meet regularly some where in Mississippi starting in Oxford. Let it be said let it be done.

Chap

Last edited:

MSRebel54

I stand 24/7 duty for a week. Usually we stay within one hour from home, to respond to duty call on the Mississippi river. I could possible try to do the 13th pending any marine casualties on the Mississippi river. Why don't we go for the 13th and if I can't make it then I'll meet you on the 20th. Barring any problems I'll also meet everyone on the 20th also. Please don't hold things up for me, lets meet regularly some where in Mississippi starting in Oxford. Let it be said let it be done.

Chap

Like I said, I'm game. Certainly don't want to 'hold things up'. Just want to let people know that if they are going to try to make only one meet, make it the 20th. That's the one that's been publicized.

mjd1978

Hey guys, there is a publication around MS called 'Tradewinds Classified', it reaches a good many people and some of you may be familiar with it. I got the bright idea to advertise our meet in the sporting goods section. At first they weren't sure what I was advertising, and I had to call them and explain, but they gave the go ahead after I explained.

I did both the print version and the on line version. Not sure when the print version comes out. But it's a weekly publication. Once the on line version is posted, I'll post a link.

Hopefully, we'll get a few more because of this!

Great idea! Good job.

MSRebel54

Well, looks like the 13th (tomorrow as I write this) is a no go. I PM'd the three that indicated they might could make it (besides myself), and only got an answer from one, and he can't make the 13th, but can make the 20th.

So I guess it's the 20th. I'll PM everyone again with my phone number so we can touch bases and make sure.

Reb

niteghost

Hey guys....saw the add in the Tradewinds. my brother and I are concidering coming. How many people are going to be there?

Chap

I'm in

I'm in that makes one.
MSRebel54 makes two.
Your guess is as good as mine after that............ Hope to see you guys there.

Chap

gunluvinatty

I'm still a "maybe." I probably won't know if it will work out until just before. I've got five young kids and a wife whom I have to consider.