Thread: 8 Tips on Contacts with OCers

8 Tips on Contacts with OCers

Just found this on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms web site they pulled it from Policeone.com It is very informative for LEOs I hope its ok to pass this on. http://www.policeone.com/off-duty/ar...ips-on-contact

you can log on as non LE and leave comments.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Already being discussed here:

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/s...EO-who-gets-it

Read the article very carefully. It is in no way fair and equally balanced. It is very passive-agressively against open carry.

Of course, California is a completely separate beast, with your requirement to be unloaded while open carrying, so you do have distinct issues to deal with.
    Hey NavyLT:

I understand why you have reached your conclusion, but I don't agree that it reaches a passive-aggressive level.

The author failed to point out that LEO is being sued for 4A violations, and in some cases their qualified immunity was removed. The author should have written a more in-depth paragraph about LEO liability.

The author has a common mental affliction that most police officer's possess, which is: They believe that the target they wear (uniform, gun, badge, cruiser) can be removed by violating the rights of the law-abiding (IMHO).

LEO volunteered to wear the "target." LEO needs to man-up and accept the risk they signed-up for. Rationalizing about how dangerous a law-abiding citizen could be to an individual LEO is a mental disorder.

I know, I am splitting hairs. Rationalizing and passive-aggressiveness are different (I am generalizing--there are mentally deranged cops).

Thanks for your insight. I always look for you posts.

markm