• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Tips on Contacts with OCers

markm

I disagree.

Already being discussed here:

http://forums.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?89700-A-LEO-who-gets-it

Read the article very carefully. It is in no way fair and equally balanced. It is very passive-agressively against open carry.

Of course, California is a completely separate beast, with your requirement to be unloaded while open carrying, so you do have distinct issues to deal with.

Hey NavyLT:

I understand why you have reached your conclusion, but I don't agree that it reaches a passive-aggressive level.

The author failed to point out that LEO is being sued for 4A violations, and in some cases their qualified immunity was removed. The author should have written a more in-depth paragraph about LEO liability.

The author has a common mental affliction that most police officer's possess, which is: They believe that the target they wear (uniform, gun, badge, cruiser) can be removed by violating the rights of the law-abiding (IMHO).

LEO volunteered to wear the "target." LEO needs to man-up and accept the risk they signed-up for. Rationalizing about how dangerous a law-abiding citizen could be to an individual LEO is a mental disorder.

I know, I am splitting hairs. Rationalizing and passive-aggressiveness are different (I am generalizing--there are mentally deranged cops).

Thanks for your insight. I always look for you posts.

markm