• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FNP9 - OWB Carry

Savage206

Guys,

I need help. I am moving to KY and can apply for my CC permit until I have 6 months residency. WA does have reciprocity with KY BUT i plan on carrying OC most of that 6 months time just to avoid confusion.

Here is my issue. I have an FNP9. I have a Blackhawk Serpa Sig P250 model (it fits with barely a wobble) but have never actually worn it OC. I just don't trust it.. I bought it because of the retention factor, but now I have heard stories if people getting dirt stuck in the locking mechanism if tackled to the ground and unable to free the firearm from the holster. I have decided I want a OWB Leather holster with a thumb break. (brake?) I also't don't like how the pistol sits a few inches away from the body. I want my firearm ON me, not hanging from my hip by a piece of plastic.

I have been looking at DOn Hume, Galco, and many other I just though I would get some input before I spent 75-100 bucks on a good leather holster. Thanks much guys.

***MY EDC is a Crossbreed Supertuck. I want to carry more OC but don't trust my OC holster. I want reliable leather.***

***EDIT*** I have also written the KY AG to see if my CC permit is valid while I am waiting even though I am changing my address per law within 2 weeks of me moving. We will see what happens there. THat's why I figure OC will be my best option till I can take the KY class to get my CCDW for that state.

Last edited:

Michigander

Look into Safariland's rotating hood holsters. I suggest their "fine tac" models. Much cheaper than leather, just as strong, and won't crack and look like crap after 5 or 10 years. They'll also never jam from debris, not really possible.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Check out Galco, they have a wide variety of leather holsters in all different style and most of them don't go for more than $75. I have a leather paddle and a leather belt and they both work great, plus they look nice.

M

mattwestm

Try out a bladetech holster. They are a bit pricey, but are made by order, so it might take a few weeks to get it. There is no retention button as it uses friction.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Well, I'm on the search for an outside the waistband holster as well. I want to get an open top but I just can't justify it because of the possibility of spilling my gun. But how can I help your thread? Well, I can tell you what not to get. I got one of these a while ago and I just don't care for it. I feel that it is cheap quality.

Gould and Goodrich < First holster from them I've bougth and I just didn't like it. I feel that the leather (if it is leather) around the trigger gard is flimsy, I don't like that. I want some tough non-bendable leather around my trigger gaurd. Not some flimsy thin stuff. Also, after carrying a safariland holster, I didn't like how the thumb break didn't have good reinforcement. I love the safariland thumb break...

http://www.amazon.com/Gould-Goodrich-B809-195-Holster-Finish/dp/B004BIXDH4