• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trying to get this stupid amendment removed

Rick H

Is this an ok e-mail to send and if so help proof read please. then i'll copy and past and send. Thanks

Dear Senator,

I was wondering under the color of law in The State of Florida and The United States of America is the word "briefly" in a factual time line as to not be misconstrued of the law, and to NOT be misinterpreted by The Great law enforcement officers of this great state or by any unsuspecting citizen.
Because if this amendment that Senator Bogdanoff has introduced and was to pass as written it will have major consequences to the public and to the courts in unjust criminal cases do to the facts at hand? there is no reasonable time frame in the word "briefly".

Now let's get to the other worrisome failed part to this amendment;

Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection
10 (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about
11 his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device.

This will and can be misinterpreted as to not allow any person to openly carry any type of Cellular
Phone, Digital type of Camera, Electronic Watch, Bluetooth, Laptop Computer, I think you get my point
and therefore should be removed from the amendment and the law.

Last edited:

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
A guy posting on Stogie's FB page said he was a registered gun lobbyist for 17 years and basically said that a ton of emails on point would force them to back away from this amendment

I think he's right.

As to the amendment it is very poorly written...so much so I have to wonder if it isn't on purpose as no thinking Gov. would sign it with that amendment nor could I see the House approving of it either.

brboyer

Is this an ok e-mail to send and if so help proof read please. then i'll copy and past and send. Thanks

Dear Senator,

I was wondering under the color of law in The State of Florida and The United States of America is the word "briefly" in a factual time line as to not be misconstrued of the law, and to NOT be misinterpreted by The Great law enforcement officers of this great state or by any unsuspecting citizen.
Because if this amendment that Senator Bogdanoff has introduced and was to pass as written it will have major consequences to the public and to the courts in unjust criminal cases do to the facts at hand? there is no reasonable time frame in the word "briefly".

Now let's get to the other worrisome failed part to this amendment;

Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection
10 (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about
11 his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device.

This will and can be misinterpreted as to not allow any person to openly carry any type of Cellular
Phone, Digital type of Camera, Electronic Watch, Bluetooth, Laptop Computer, I think you get my point
and therefore should be removed from the amendment and the law.

790.001(14) “Electric weapon or device” means any device which, through the application or use of electrical current, is designed, redesigned, used, or intended to be used for offensive or defensive purposes, the destruction of life, or the infliction of injury.

Rick H

790.001(14) “Electric weapon or device” means any device which, through the application or use of electrical current, is designed, redesigned, used, or intended to be used for offensive or defensive purposes, the destruction of life, or the infliction of injury.

Yes I already read that and therefore any items list above as far as
intended to be used for offensive or defensive purposes,
would be considered as such.
Remember any law can be twisted to meet any illegal actions available to Leo when it advances his/her objective.
Many of cases prove that and many people are in jail because of it.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Hard-cover books have been called a weapon on many, many occasions.

My utility knife (the folding kind with removable razor blade) was labeled in evidence as a "Combat Assault Dagger." My non-descript $7 dress shirt from wal-mart was labeled as an "Assault Shirt." My keychain and all keys were seized and labeled "makeshift flesh-shredding tool." Give them an inch, they take a mile.

It is a stretch, but not a stretch for their manipulative intents, to call a laptop a weapon. I could beat someone over the head with it, edge-on, and do some pretty profound damage. Capacity is often willfully mis-construed as intent for the sake of making an arrest of someone they just want to screw with.

Charges rarely stick, but it still makes life a headache. That's all they really want to do anyway; wreck your life.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This is exactly the point.

Bogdanoff's amendment adds a laundry list of ways for the already abusive Police to go an order of magnitude further off the deep end than they already are. that's all it does. It offers us nothing good, only more power to abuse us given to the cops.