• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Senator Galloway

paul@paul-fisher.com

I had sent an email to Senator Galloway a few weeks ago. She is not my Senator so it is nice she at least wrote back:

Good Afternoon:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the right to carry in Wisconsin.

I am supportive of this and am currently working with my colleagues in the Legislature on this issue. If you have not done so already, I would encourage you to reach out to your elected officials to share your thoughts.

Thanks again for taking time to email me. Have a great rest of your day.

Sincerely,

PAM GALLOWAY

State Senator

29th Senate District

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
I received the identical response. I have a hard time believing either her statement "I am supportive of this" or "am currently working . . . on this issue."

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
I received the same canned response. Given the issues I raised in my correspondence and her position in drafting key legislation, I thought this was a disappointing response to say the least. What is even more disappointing is Phred is one of her constituents and he received the very same email.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
ANother Canned Response

Yeah, I got the same response yesterday; but when she writes,
I am supportive of this and am currently working with my colleagues in the Legislature on this issue.
you don't know if she's talking about "Right to Carry", "Concealed Carry", or "Constitutional Carry", the issue I contacted her about.... More political double-speak. :cuss:

jrclen

I received the same form email. I consider it better than receiving nothing. She is not my Senator.

Congratulations on 200 posts Glock.

CalicoJack10

I got the same response, and there is a positive side to all of this.

The fact that there has been enough of us contacting her about this that she has found it necessary to get together a form e-mail about what she is doing means that she has gotten enough e-mails and letters that she no longer has time to respond to them all. So we are having an impact.

Optimus Prime

Seeing as Julie Lassa responded to my email voicing my disaproval of her hiding out in Illinois with letter thanking me for my support, I'm glad that at least the canned response from Sen. Gallaway at least was in line with what I had originally sent.

Touchdown

I sent her an email with specific questions I asked her to answer. I, however, received the exact same response. This is a disappointing, milquetoast response from someone who is allegedly championing the cause of CCW.
My guess is that CCW isn't really a priority for our legislators.

blaze

I sent her an email with specific questions I asked her to answer. I, however, received the exact same response. This is a disappointing, milquetoast response from someone who is allegedly championing the cause of CCW.
My guess is that CCW isn't really a priority for our legislators.

Your guess is correct, at least until the recall elections have been held.

Captain Nemo

I received this response from my senator sheila Harsdorf.

dear Dale:
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for Constitutional carry. I appreciate your input on this issue.

I support enacting legislation to allow law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed firearm. While focusing on jobs and growing our economy must be the Legislature's top priority this session, I am confident that we will be able to pass legislation enabling law-abiding citizens to carry weapons. Be assured I will keep your support for Constitutional carry in mind as the State Legislature takes up this issue.

Thank you again for your input. Please stay in touch by email, phone or my website-www.harsdorfsenate.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully she will survive the recall that those union idiots have forced her into. We really need her on our side.