Thread: More police overreach

More police overreach

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/B...755199.html?dr

There's a man with a gun and he's going to shoot me!!" yelled Carmita. “I thought it was the robber!" Her sister, Judge Holmes, came running to the kitchen. The judge carries a legal firearm and immediately pulled it out and held it in her hand.

“I know no one apologized, OK? And, to me, if you want to make amends for something, you want to make peace, you apologize, you shake, you leave, you say ‘I'm sorry,’" she said. "And, you know, the cop that had his gun on me, he said ‘well, I was fearing for my life.’ I said ‘really! You were fearing for your life? Really?’ He said ‘forget it - I'm out of here.'"

Cross posted to Florida section

After this experience, I say... judge Holmes for Florida Senate?

Once again the excuse of "I want to go home to my family, tonight" is used by a LEO to justify any and all actions. Let me start off by saying I want all LEOs to get home safe to their families. I just don't think it should be used as reasoning to drag a family out of their home on Easter Sunday at gunpoint.

The LEOs responded to a burglary call. Totally reasonable. The go to the wrong address. A mistake, but somewhat understandable. They see someone in a kitchen, draw weapons and order everyone out. I am starting to have a serious problem here. Upon discovery of said mistake, they act as if it's all part of the job. HUGE PROBLEM WITH THAT.

I know that LEOs are only human and make mistakes. I just think that to be a decent human you have to apologize for them.

good points, Savageone

a couple of points i noticed

police claim; they show a black man doing dishes, and naturally assumed he is a burglar

the judge she was C W B, carrying will black.

i do wonder if lessons will be learned. unfortunately, if someone doesn't think they have done anything wrong, nothing will change.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    good points, Savageone

a couple of points i noticed

police claim; they show a black man doing dishes, and naturally assumed he is a burglar

the judge she was C W B, carrying will black.

i do wonder if lessons will be learned. unfortunately, if someone doesn't think they have done anything wrong, nothing will change.
    Why of course thieves always break in make themselves dinner with their family and then kindly wash the dishes before robbing the place. I think Obama could have rightly stated they "acted stupidly" on this one.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I Wouldn't Want To Be The Cop..

I wouldn't want to be any of the Cops if I had to show up in her court room some day.. especially if she's got a long memory!

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Someone in the White House needs to read this.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    I know that LEOs are only human and make mistakes. I just think that to be a decent human you have to apologize for them.
    Aye, which is why they didn't apologize. FDLE has a strong policy on hiring not-so-respectable people as LEOs.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

When you are a Judge, I guess any firearm you own becomes a "legal one".

You guys notice that media fart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Accidents and mistakes come as matched sets with apologies. That's part of how you can recognize them as unintentional. If you feel no need for an apology for misbehavior, then it wasn't an accident or mistake on your part, you MEANT to do it.