• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More police overreach

riverrat10k

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...come-out-with-your-hands-up-120755199.html?dr

There's a man with a gun and he's going to shoot me!!" yelled Carmita. “I thought it was the robber!" Her sister, Judge Holmes, came running to the kitchen. The judge carries a legal firearm and immediately pulled it out and held it in her hand.

“I know no one apologized, OK? And, to me, if you want to make amends for something, you want to make peace, you apologize, you shake, you leave, you say ‘I'm sorry,’" she said. "And, you know, the cop that had his gun on me, he said ‘well, I was fearing for my life.’ I said ‘really! You were fearing for your life? Really?’ He said ‘forget it - I'm out of here.'"

Cross posted to Florida section

SavageOne

Once again the excuse of "I want to go home to my family, tonight" is used by a LEO to justify any and all actions. Let me start off by saying I want all LEOs to get home safe to their families. I just don't think it should be used as reasoning to drag a family out of their home on Easter Sunday at gunpoint.

The LEOs responded to a burglary call. Totally reasonable. The go to the wrong address. A mistake, but somewhat understandable. They see someone in a kitchen, draw weapons and order everyone out. I am starting to have a serious problem here. Upon discovery of said mistake, they act as if it's all part of the job. HUGE PROBLEM WITH THAT.

I know that LEOs are only human and make mistakes. I just think that to be a decent human you have to apologize for them.

papa bear

good points, Savageone

a couple of points i noticed

police claim; they show a black man doing dishes, and naturally assumed he is a burglar

the judge she was C W B, carrying will black.

i do wonder if lessons will be learned. unfortunately, if someone doesn't think they have done anything wrong, nothing will change.

sudden valley gunner

good points, Savageone

a couple of points i noticed

police claim; they show a black man doing dishes, and naturally assumed he is a burglar

the judge she was C W B, carrying will black.

i do wonder if lessons will be learned. unfortunately, if someone doesn't think they have done anything wrong, nothing will change.

Why of course thieves always break in make themselves dinner with their family and then kindly wash the dishes before robbing the place. I think Obama could have rightly stated they "acted stupidly" on this one.

FireStar M40

I Wouldn't Want To Be The Cop..

I wouldn't want to be any of the Cops if I had to show up in her court room :mad: some day.. especially if she's got a long memory! :uhoh:

FireStar M40

Difdi

I know that LEOs are only human and make mistakes. I just think that to be a decent human you have to apologize for them.

Accidents and mistakes come as matched sets with apologies. That's part of how you can recognize them as unintentional. If you feel no need for an apology for misbehavior, then it wasn't an accident or mistake on your part, you MEANT to do it.