• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Duty Cop Beats Woman at Atlanta IHOP

usamarshal

Restraining the women... no issues. Punch to the face while her arm is subdued.. issues.

Context in the beginning of the video doesn't change the fact he punched her with her arm held. It was an act of anger, not effective restraint.

Cops restraining someone for an arrest with force is NOT necessarily police brutality, it's their jobs. An officer "lashing out" with no clear justification that it helped effect an arrest is brutality.

Having said that, he'll be cleared of any wrongdoing after his 2 week vacation.

Subdued? She was one hardcore biatch brah...subdue her arm...haha...nice.

Loneviking

This witch comes across a table and slugs an officer in the face....and you complain about the beating she gets? I think the officer showed remarkable restraint. I would likely have used a night stick on her and put the cuffs on extra tight! She had no business acting up in the resturant to begin with and then to resist arrest like that puts her beyond any sympathy from me.

sfmiller08

The punch appears to me to be in retaliation, not in an effort to subdue the female. He was angry and acted accordingly.

Thats how it appeared to me as well, when he hit her he looked pretty pissed. But i do not agree with how the woman acted she should not have touched the cop to begin with.

Gunslinger

She had it coming..

RULE: NEVER TOUCH A COP. you touch a cop, you get whooped. it's that simple.

That a fact? So just let some thug beat up your wife or child and stand there with an insipid smile on your face because he has a badge on? Kind of like keep single file while walking into the gas chamber. Good rule. Worked well for the Jews, White Russians, Cambodians, et al.

Claytron

Drunk lady hitting/scratching officer trying to make an arrest...I have no problem with him using this amount of force to protect himself and make the arrest...looks like 4 people were arrested as well. Girl shouldn't have touched, hit, or try to gouge out officers eyes. Females, for the record, are the most dangerous in these type of situations...just look at the McDonalds incident...this officer should be awarded in my opinion. Hoorah!!! :cool:

"gouge out the officers eyes" yeah right.... that must be the way a cop describes random arm flailing, as a deliberate eye gouge..... The same way someone on the ground screaming "dont hit me" is resisting arrest and deserves a couple more hits with the stick.

Gunslinger

What preceded the start of the video (which is clearly not the beginning of the confrontation) would add necessary context to pass judgment.

The only thing I am comfortable saying is that the officer had to have an option besides slugging the woman. The officer may or may not have been justified in using force; we can't know that from the video. However, there is no question that he handled that use of force unprofessionally.

"Unprofessionally"? What is 'excessive' to you, blowing her away with his Mossberg?

HKcarrier

Sorry, but nothing wrong with this.

Woman wants to swing like a man, then she can take blows like a man.

Officer maybe was a slight dick in how he handled her reaching/touching him, but she MOST CERTAINLY came towards him and put her hand on his shoulder. He has no idea what her intention is.

He clearly shoo's her away with an OPEN HAND. Pushing her away.. .yes, he pushed her by her face... but again, she had no reason to have her hands reached out towards him.

She responds by throwing several punches. She got her ass whipped. Bad choice.

Cop didn't do anything wrong. She interfered... she got shoo'ed away... she chose to retaliate... cops ended it.

Nothing to see here.

Gunslinger

If that were my wife, things would have started differently.

This woman may not have deserved what happened to her, but she ain't innocent of instigation. No way my wife instigates. She's just too nice a person.

Hmmm, married to Eye. The woman is a saint...:>

Gunslinger

Holy crap people. Chill out. I never said let cops DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT.

From what I can see in this video, the cop was attempting to apprehend someone when this lady across the table jumped in and started touching the cop. Sure, I guess the cop very well could have been robbing her. I highly doubt it, but sure, I guess it's possible. You win.

Now, if I see a cop apprehending someone unlawfully I'll go support that person in court. I'm not touching the cop or killing him for doing his job wrong. We are not in the middle of an armed revolution in this country. You can't just shoot a cop for doing things wrong and expect it to be cool because it's justified in your mind. Go try it, have fun.

Who is talking about shooting the cop? We're talking about an out of control thug who used excessive force under color of law and should be fired immediately and then be paying plenty to the victim in the subsequent tort action for assault and battery.
In my opinion, the fact more cops are getting killed is because the disgust level against their repeated crimes that go unpunished--or are subsequently paid for by the taxpayers, is reaching a zenith. Intelligent people are disgusted and have severely lowered opinions of cops. The violence prone anyway sociopath transfers violent action for disgust. And a cop is killed. Here, I've seen three apparantly decent young men murdered for no other reason than they were cops trying to do their job by sociopaths over the last three years. There is a cause and effect at work and pos thugs like this ******* feed it. The problem is who will pay for it in the end. If the thug gets what he deserves, fired and sued, the issue would cool rapidly. The fact is, this ain't about to happen.

Gunslinger

Drunk lady hitting/scratching officer trying to make an arrest...I have no problem with him using this amount of force to protect himself and make the arrest...looks like 4 people were arrested as well. Girl shouldn't have touched, hit, or try to gouge out officers eyes. Females, for the record, are the most dangerous in these type of situations...just look at the McDonalds incident...this officer should be awarded in my opinion. Hoorah!!! :cool:[/QUOTE

Congratulations! You are the winner of the unmittigated BS award.

Gunslinger

This witch comes across a table and slugs an officer in the face....and you complain about the beating she gets? I think the officer showed remarkable restraint. I would likely have used a night stick on her and put the cuffs on extra tight! She had no business acting up in the resturant to begin with and then to resist arrest like that puts her beyond any sympathy from me.

I hear they're still hiring guards for the North Korean reeducation camps. You may want to send a resume.

buster81

Thats how it appeared to me as well, when he hit her he looked pretty pissed. But i do not agree with how the woman acted she should not have touched the cop to begin with.

I don't agree with what she did either. As a result of her actions, the officer should have simply taken a half step backwards beyond her reach (she was stuck behind the table) and performed an arrest. Instead he took a half a step back, paused as his anger built up and and threw a punch at her. If he is unable to perform an arrest without punching those he is arresting, perhaps they have a position at IHOP in the kitchen he would be better suited to perform without losing his temper.

Ivan Sample

I am not going to bash this Officer to much! He should be fired on the spot due to his abuse of power and to hit a women with a close fist. He is a coward and shows no respect to any women. He could have use some other means to defend himself. His anger got the best of him and it shows that he is not fit to be an Officer. Plus, if I was that lady I will sue him for everything that he got. Like someone said earlier in the post, if that would have been my wife things would have ended differently!

MR Redenck

Nope!! That cop should not have punched the girl. I dont care who you are, what you are , you just dont punch women in the face!

Here's another video angle of the BS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9shJZCnPr9s&feature=player_embedded

It's pretty easy to determine the cop had a problem with the first young lady he was pushing on and frocing in the corner, "As she cried I didnt do anything"....
The other girl simply seemed to try explaining how here friend didnt do anything when the cop decided to Bitch Slap her. " Yea, bitch slap a woman and expect her to get mad", DUH>>>!
When he decided to punch her, that was just uncalled for. The man is a punk!
If a cop cant manage a couple of young girls in a nonviolent manner, he should be a cop.
I dont give a crap what a person does, everybody deserves a certain level of respect!
One thing Im pretty sure of is that cop had a bad attitude before anything happened. I would almost be certain that he engauge the young ladies with a piss poor attitude instead of being respectable to the public and trying to resolve the issue without being a A--hole! I have seen it happen way too many time to think other wise.

When LE gives the citizen a certain level of respect, most people will return the same. I have no problem discussing anything with any cop as long as they treat me like a actual person instead of some animal. When cops act like A--holes, expect to be treated as such!
I wish the worst punishment on that guy because he didnt have to act like that.
If it were me, I would have simply picked the girl up and took her outside for whatever she need to be addressed about. I dont hit women, never have, never will...

What's really funny is a long ago, I actually wanted to persue a LE position. The reason I didnt, is I didnt like the attitude of a lot of cops that i came in contact with. It's as if they feel like the citizen is at their mercy! I beleive in enforcing laws on criminals! I dont want anything to do with bullying the public.

Once again, NO! That cop should not have punched that girl in the face! If that girl were with me, I would have left a big dent in his fat head!
Respect, it works both ways!

hermannr

This clip was on the local news last night, with this addition.

Woman was being loud and was asked to quiet down. The shouting match became a shoving match which culminated in the cop hitting the woman (as in the clip).

Final comment from the news was the cop has been administratively reassigned. Obviously someone in the department felt the cop's response was excessive.

Should anyone have been trying to arrest the woman in the first place? We do not know the whole story, but I doubt it from what I have heard. At the most she should have been shown the door.

usamarshal

Drunk lady hitting/scratching officer trying to make an arrest...I have no problem with him using this amount of force to protect himself and make the arrest...looks like 4 people were arrested as well. Girl shouldn't have touched, hit, or try to gouge out officers eyes. Females, for the record, are the most dangerous in these type of situations...just look at the McDonalds incident...this officer should be awarded in my opinion. Hoorah!!! :cool:[/QUOTE

Congratulations! You are the winner of the unmittigated BS award.

Trust me...you don't want to get in a fight with a drunk female pissed off at the world...no bsin brah.

usamarshal

This clip was on the local news last night, with this addition.

Woman was being loud and was asked to quiet down. The shouting match became a shoving match which culminated in the cop hitting the woman (as in the clip).

Final comment from the news was the cop has been administratively reassigned. Obviously someone in the department felt the cop's response was excessive.

Should anyone have been trying to arrest the woman in the first place? We do not know the whole story, but I doubt it from what I have heard. At the most she should have been shown the door.

So if someone hits an officer they should just be shown the door? I'm actually cool with that. :banana: