Thread: For your reading enjoyment

Lightbulb For your reading enjoyment

I found this site while looking around for NC laws. I enjoyed reading and thought a few of you would get a kick out of it.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-...north-carolina
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

mattwestm
    As dumb as it sounds, shouldn't these laws be enforced? Aren't laws required to be enforced (unless you are the governor during times of a SoA)?

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    As dumb as it sounds, shouldn't these laws be enforced? Aren't laws required to be enforced (unless you are the governor during times of a SoA)?
    LOL I guess a law is a law but I'm sure there would be a lot of pissed people in Charlotte if they enforce this one.

Women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times.

While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
    I can see it already, The new police squad.
    IETF Intercourse Enforcement Task Force.
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice

Most of the laws on that site are laws that have either been changed years ago or laws that are overturned by court rulings. The one about sex in the missionary position would be invalid under Lawrence v. Texas.

You think stuff like this is a thing of the past but it's not. Fort Carson regulation 210-18 dated 15 oct 2010 states that you may have machine guns and silencers on post, but a taser is out of the question. It also states that you cannot have a sword on post if it is reffered to as a sword however if you say it is a "large knife" it is perfectly legal. These laws were written less then a year ago.
    "I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by six"

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    "I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by six"
    This is my number one rule to live by. My uncle told this to me as a young man and it has stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    This is my number one rule to live by. My uncle told this to me as a young man and it has stuck with me.
    Im with you along with

Somtimes it is better to beg permission than ask permission
    -----------------
    --SCOTT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"A government that is big enough to give you everything you need is beg enough to take everything you have, the course of history shows that as government incresses - liberty decreases."

LEGAL NOTICE: I am not a lawyer, no content in the above post should considered legal advice