Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Letters to the NRA For their Support.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323

    Letters to the NRA For their Support.

    I am going to be sending this to the NRA

    Your groups position on SB234 and support made today may just be the biggest mistake ever made and I will never buy a subscribe or use your name any where, or on anything that is affiliated with myself or my groups agenda other than to show what you support and your views on the 2nd Amendment. and how you disenfranchised yourself with the citizens of this country.
    God Bless America.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    1,835
    they'll be kissing my membership good bye.
    worthless twits.

  3. #3
    Regular Member bigmike9419's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    kissimmee, fl
    Posts
    37
    they lost my membership also, i was just getting ready to send a check to become a lifetime member, glad i forgot to put that in the mail yesterday.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    Okay... maybe I'm a bit slow. fill me in. is this because they tried to sell this as OC protecting accidental exposure as their only point?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida, USA
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Okay... maybe I'm a bit slow. fill me in. is this because they tried to sell this as OC protecting accidental exposure as their only point?
    Yes...some think compromise is a good thing, but in this case the language of the compromise is a deal breaker and most likely will cause more unwarranted attention by LEO. It would be better to withdraw the bill and try again next year.

    ETA: NRA has never been a big fan of Open Carry.
    Last edited by brboyer; 04-27-2011 at 08:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    The few points left on the bill are things we already have.

    The only true effect the bill now has, is that it provides LEOs with a way to prosecute us for accidental exposure, instead of protecting us from it.

    Negotiate Rights Away living up to their name. With the bill as amended, it's not safe to CC anymore. The LEOs have already made their intent abundantly clear. They WILL abuse this to the hilt. They even touted their own inability to make charges stick when they've attacked CCers for Accidental Exposure in the past. This gives them that last little bit they needed to change that. Now it'll be CCers going to jail based on this new 'gun crime' and our reputation will be considered worse for the false statistics they can generate from it by arresting people who didn't do anything wrong.

    I'm thinking this was the plan from the day it hit the CJ committee. And I called it months before that.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    66
    NRA is all about MONEY and not Guns, Nor our rights... Once people begin to see that and stop the NRA garbage then and then only will they see, It's time to stand and vote the idiots out and start writing letters to those in charge and demanding that they do something about this or you will promise to campaign against them with your entire being, Then and maybe then things will start turning in our direction...

    And as for This causing more CCers to get arrested for accidently exposure, I guess I'm not seeing the danger there as it simply says Accidental exposure and unless someone intended to draw their gun each and every moment of the day, I don't see where it will cause us more trouble... Either way, I will take my chances and keep carrying and that is a fact...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7
    NRA is all about MONEY and not Guns, Nor our rights...
    It's sad that some people still don't realize it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by mister45 View Post
    NRA is all about MONEY and not Guns, Nor our rights... Once people begin to see that and stop the NRA garbage then and then only will they see, It's time to stand and vote the idiots out and start writing letters to those in charge and demanding that they do something about this or you will promise to campaign against them with your entire being, Then and maybe then things will start turning in our direction...

    And as for This causing more CCers to get arrested for accidently exposure, I guess I'm not seeing the danger there as it simply says Accidental exposure and unless someone intended to draw their gun each and every moment of the day, I don't see where it will cause us more trouble... Either way, I will take my chances and keep carrying and that is a fact...
    The NRA is not on the OC bandwagon. It's seen as whacky to their sensibilities. They still do a lot of good.

    However, we won't have their support next time if they're satisfied with the language of the new SB 234. Our task is daunting but dooable.
    ďIf the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? Ē -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  10. #10
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The NRA is not on the OC bandwagon. It's seen as whacky to their sensibilities. They still do a lot of good.

    However, we won't have their support next time if they're satisfied with the language of the new SB 234. Our task is daunting but dooable.
    I don't think the House will pass that crap. This 234 will fail, have the full accidental coverage/failed OC provision stripped, or maybemaybe just maybe go to conference committee and get forced back into real OC by House pressure?
    I'd rather fail, clinging to that hopeless hope that accept guaranteed defeat.
    It's always been a hopeless hope since day 1 anyway, why give up after just 1 more defeat?
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    1,413
    I am unfortunately a life member of the NRA. I just called today and asked to cancel and was told you can't cancel a life membership. I said I refuse to have my name associated with your organization anymore and demanded to have my name removed from their membership. She said that will convert my original life payment into a "annual" payment and pro-rate it, which means I'll be a member for years to come, but eventually will be expired. They don't give a $#!+
    Last edited by timf343; 04-28-2011 at 01:57 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    I don't think the House will pass that crap. This 234 will fail, have the full accidental coverage/failed OC provision stripped, or maybemaybe just maybe go to conference committee and get forced back into real OC by House pressure?
    I'd rather fail, clinging to that hopeless hope that accept guaranteed defeat.
    It's always been a hopeless hope since day 1 anyway, why give up after just 1 more defeat?
    Oh no, I think it will pass. The language is very poor and impossibly ambiguous. This is not uncommon for what states are pleased to call the "law."
    ďIf the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? Ē -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    I don't know guys. I'm not hating on the NRA yet. They do a lot of good. I think it is just crappy that Evers and the NRA made this seem like a PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE WIND BLOWING THEIR SHIRTS bill. They were trying to be sneaky to get us OC. Unfortunately they didn't man up when this amendment got put in, maybe so they didn't look stupid. idk.

  14. #14
    Regular Member RRobaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lutz, FL
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by timf343 View Post
    I am unfortunately a life member of the NRA. I just called today and asked to cancel and was told you can't cancel a life membership. I said I refuse to have my name associated with your organization anymore and demanded to have my name removed from their membership. She said that will convert my original life payment into a "annual" payment and pro-rate it, which means I'll be a member for years to come, but eventually will be expired. They don't give a $#!+
    Seems like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The NRA still has your $$$, which is what they want anyway. So you're losing life benefits, but still paying the lifetime price.... Seems a bit anti-constructive, but it's your money...

  15. #15
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I don't know guys. I'm not hating on the NRA yet. They do a lot of good. I think it is just crappy that Evers and the NRA made this seem like a PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE WIND BLOWING THEIR SHIRTS bill. They were trying to be sneaky to get us OC. Unfortunately they didn't man up when this amendment got put in, maybe so they didn't look stupid. idk.
    His aid said Evers' wants open carry and will work to pass it.

    Per Evers' aid:

    "This is just the beginning of the effort to restore open carry in Florida."
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-28-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    ďIf the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? Ē -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  16. #16
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    That's what he told me too, also said he's pretty sure "he won't try yet next year, but will try again."
    If OC was one of his campaign points, he'd better try next year, or at least co-sponsor whoever we can get to sponsor our bill, or he might not have any more chances after next year...
    I'm not saying I'd try to get rid of him, he's good for us, but too passive to rely on as our advocate. We need someone on fire but stilll calm and rational.
    Maybe we can promote Dorworth to Senate next year?
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    His aid said Evers' wants open carry and will work to pass it.

    Per Evers' aid:

    "This is just the beginning of the effort to restore open carry in Florida."
    Evers needs to grow a pair before I can takes his words seriously. Just like the right to defend yourself... There is the Right, and there is the ABILITY. I'm not calling for his removal, but the face he put forward on this, I don't think he has the ability.

    If some ranting bitch on wheels makes you run and hide, you're not fit. Come on, he's a man, and how old? He should have learned how to deal with that a long time ago.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  18. #18
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by RRobaldo View Post
    Seems like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The NRA still has your $$$, which is what they want anyway. So you're losing life benefits, but still paying the lifetime price.... Seems a bit anti-constructive, but it's your money...
    Let me introduce you to principles. Priciples..you...you principles.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  19. #19
    Regular Member firedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL/NC
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Let me introduce you to principles. Priciples..you...you principles.
    I think the NRA needs to get the message. I'm not going to support them any longer. I will go with GOA and others. Maybe an influx to the other true 2A supporters will build them into a recognizable group. I agree with Venator, there is a principle here that needs to be relayed to the NRA.

    You may cancel my membership with the NRA. I will not be renewing my membership with the NRA anytime in the future. Please remove my email and contact information from your databases. Furthermore, it will be my mission to eliminate the membership requirement for membership to my gun clubs. I will motion within these clubs until they pull the NRA requirement or terminate my membership.

    I am a Florida resident and your failure & inappropriate compromise on 2A rights referencing SB234 in the 2011 session was deplorable.
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Posts
    73
    You guys crack me up. You donít get a resounding victory with everything you want, so you trash the NRA. Good thinkiní!!

    This bill isnít what we wanted. Itís too early to know exactly what form itíll take if and when it passes. Is it progress? Iím not sure, but I know itís not the end of the world.

    Look how long it took the antis to put us where we were in 1987. Look at the progress weíve made since then. Whoís had the most influence on our progress? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    I donít understand all the gnashing of teeth and cries of despair. Weíre gaining ground, not losing. The antis are the ones who are losing. Why? Well, letís see. Whoís the most powerful, most feared lobby in Washington? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    The antis wanted total gun control (thatís a total gun ban) and were getting it a bit at a time. We stopped them. Whoís ďweĒ? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    We want zero gun control for law-abiding and sane citizens and weíre getting it a bit at a time. The antis can't stop us, but they can make it hard. Deal with it. If you donít want to bother, just withdraw your support from our most powerful ally and trash them in internet forums. Yeah, that makes sense!!

    This is going to be a long war. Our enemies arenít going to quit. They didnít quit when they lost a skirmish and they eventually came close to destroying gun rights in plenty of states and cities. Now weíre beating them back.

    Whether you agree with them every time or not, the NRA/ILA is the leader in our war. They arenít the only leader, but nobody swings a bigger club.

    The NRA/ILA is always asking for money. No kidding! Do you think all the lobbying they do is cheap? In this country, you make political gains by outspending your opponent. Big money comes from supporters, in this case gun owners and shooters. Thatís us.

    Do you think you have a better handle on whatíll fly in the legislature than the ILA?
    Do you think youíre better qualified than Marion Hammer?

    Than youíre in the wrong job.

  21. #21
    Regular Member firedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL/NC
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Japle View Post
    You guys crack me up. You don’t get a resounding victory with everything you want, so you trash the NRA. Good thinkin’!!
    This bill isn’t what we wanted. It’s too early to know exactly what form it’ll take if and when it passes. Is it progress? I’m not sure, but I know it’s not the end of the world.
    Look how long it took the antis to put us where we were in 1987. Look at the progress we’ve made since then. Who’s had the most influence on our progress? Could it be the NRA/ILA?
    I don’t understand all the gnashing of teeth and cries of despair. We’re gaining ground, not losing. The antis are the ones who are losing. Why? Well, let’s see. Who’s the most powerful, most feared lobby in Washington? Could it be the NRA/ILA?
    The antis wanted total gun control (that’s a total gun ban) and were getting it a bit at a time. We stopped them. Who’s “we”? Could it be the NRA/ILA?
    We want zero gun control for law-abiding and sane citizens and we’re getting it a bit at a time. The antis can't stop us, but they can make it hard. Deal with it. If you don’t want to bother, just withdraw your support from our most powerful ally and trash them in internet forums. Yeah, that makes sense!!
    This is going to be a long war. Our enemies aren’t going to quit. They didn’t quit when they lost a skirmish and they eventually came close to destroying gun rights in plenty of states and cities. Now we’re beating them back.
    Whether you agree with them every time or not, the NRA/ILA is the leader in our war. They aren’t the only leader, but nobody swings a bigger club.
    The NRA/ILA is always asking for money. No kidding! Do you think all the lobbying they do is cheap? In this country, you make political gains by outspending your opponent. Big money comes from supporters, in this case gun owners and shooters. That’s us.
    Do you think you have a better handle on what’ll fly in the legislature than the ILA?
    Do you think you’re better qualified than Marion Hammer?
    Than you’re in the wrong job.
    The NRA needs to get the message that their compromise was not what the open carry supporters wanted. It was called an “Open Carry Bill” right into the final hour when they caved. If you believe this bill has done anything good you are wrong. It is more damaging then it is favorable. The NRA took the wrong position in their support efforts. 2A rights, 1 of only 7 states to ban open carry and they failed to push those issues and pushed for only accidental exposure protection. They caved to win a useless bill that only they can tout as a victory. This was not a victory and they are the reason. A strong message should be sent to them and there is no way to get their attention other than in the pockets of their treasury. A sudden drop in FL membership would be a message. Move your money to help build the GOA.. GOA always touts themselves at a no-compromise group...might be better place to contribute then the NRA.

    p.s. I do not agree that the NRA was not at fault for the bad amendment being added and the final bill. If you watch the session video you will see Hammer leave the floor just before SB234 was introduced. I believe she did that to meet with Bogdenoff and Evers and she (NRA) caved to Bogdenoff in order to score a useless victory in the name of the NRA. Once the NRA caved to Bogdenoff Evers set on his thumbs knowing the NRA was caving. I’m sure he didn’t want to portray too republicans arguing over the same bill on the senate floor.

    Had the NRA stood their ground to Bogdenoff and faced the possibility of a defeated bill I think the republicans had the votes to pass it without Bogdenoff and her dumb ass amendment. The NRA caved to tout a victory regardless of the bills dangers or intent.
    Last edited by firedog; 04-28-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Additions..
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    Yes...some think compromise is a good thing, but in this case the language of the compromise is a deal breaker and most likely will cause more unwarranted attention by LEO. It would be better to withdraw the bill and try again next year.

    ETA: NRA has never been a big fan of Open Carry.
    Yes NRA has not been a fan of Open Carry, thats because they have done well in getting most of the US CC. But I think it is time for them to change course and start promoting Open Carry!

  23. #23
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    There is no reason not to promote both CC and OC.
    After all, no harm in a hidden backup
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Japle View Post
    You guys crack me up. You donít get a resounding victory with everything you want, so you trash the NRA. Good thinkiní!!

    This bill isnít what we wanted. Itís too early to know exactly what form itíll take if and when it passes. Is it progress? Iím not sure, but I know itís not the end of the world.

    Look how long it took the antis to put us where we were in 1987. Look at the progress weíve made since then. Whoís had the most influence on our progress? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    I donít understand all the gnashing of teeth and cries of despair. Weíre gaining ground, not losing. The antis are the ones who are losing. Why? Well, letís see. Whoís the most powerful, most feared lobby in Washington? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    The antis wanted total gun control (thatís a total gun ban) and were getting it a bit at a time. We stopped them. Whoís ďweĒ? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

    We want zero gun control for law-abiding and sane citizens and weíre getting it a bit at a time. The antis can't stop us, but they can make it hard. Deal with it. If you donít want to bother, just withdraw your support from our most powerful ally and trash them in internet forums. Yeah, that makes sense!!

    This is going to be a long war. Our enemies arenít going to quit. They didnít quit when they lost a skirmish and they eventually came close to destroying gun rights in plenty of states and cities. Now weíre beating them back.

    Whether you agree with them every time or not, the NRA/ILA is the leader in our war. They arenít the only leader, but nobody swings a bigger club.

    The NRA/ILA is always asking for money. No kidding! Do you think all the lobbying they do is cheap? In this country, you make political gains by outspending your opponent. Big money comes from supporters, in this case gun owners and shooters. Thatís us.

    Do you think you have a better handle on whatíll fly in the legislature than the ILA?
    Do you think youíre better qualified than Marion Hammer?

    Than youíre in the wrong job.
    You must be the NRA spokesman, How much did they pay you for that?
    They still aren't doing what they should and yes it takes money, But spending pennies when they have millions, doesn't get anything done...
    Send them your dime, I'm keeping mine.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member Jojo712's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I think the NRA needs to get the message. I'm not going to support them any longer. I will go with GOA and others. Maybe an influx to the other true 2A supporters will build them into a recognizable group. I agree with Venator, there is a principle here that needs to be relayed to the NRA.

    You may cancel my membership with the NRA. I will not be renewing my membership with the NRA anytime in the future. Please remove my email and contact information from your databases. Furthermore, it will be my mission to eliminate the membership requirement for membership to my gun clubs. I will motion within these clubs until they pull the NRA requirement or terminate my membership.

    I am a Florida resident and your failure & inappropriate compromise on 2A rights referencing SB234 in the 2011 session was deplorable.


    This is gutsy very nicely worded and to the point. This type of assertion needs echo and volume.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •