• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to the NRA For their Support.

Rick H

I am going to be sending this to the NRA

Your groups position on SB234 and support made today may just be the biggest mistake ever made and I will never buy a subscribe or use your name any where, or on anything that is affiliated with myself or my groups agenda other than to show what you support and your views on the 2nd Amendment. and how you disenfranchised yourself with the citizens of this country.

j4l

they'll be kissing my membership good bye.
worthless twits.

bigmike9419

they lost my membership also, i was just getting ready to send a check to become a lifetime member, glad i forgot to put that in the mail yesterday.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Okay... maybe I'm a bit slow. fill me in. is this because they tried to sell this as OC protecting accidental exposure as their only point?

brboyer

Okay... maybe I'm a bit slow. fill me in. is this because they tried to sell this as OC protecting accidental exposure as their only point?

Yes...some think compromise is a good thing, but in this case the language of the compromise is a deal breaker and most likely will cause more unwarranted attention by LEO. It would be better to withdraw the bill and try again next year.

ETA: NRA has never been a big fan of Open Carry.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The few points left on the bill are things we already have.

The only true effect the bill now has, is that it provides LEOs with a way to prosecute us for accidental exposure, instead of protecting us from it.

Negotiate Rights Away living up to their name. With the bill as amended, it's not safe to CC anymore. The LEOs have already made their intent abundantly clear. They WILL abuse this to the hilt. They even touted their own inability to make charges stick when they've attacked CCers for Accidental Exposure in the past. This gives them that last little bit they needed to change that. Now it'll be CCers going to jail based on this new 'gun crime' and our reputation will be considered worse for the false statistics they can generate from it by arresting people who didn't do anything wrong.

I'm thinking this was the plan from the day it hit the CJ committee. And I called it months before that.

mister45

NRA is all about MONEY and not Guns, Nor our rights... Once people begin to see that and stop the NRA garbage then and then only will they see, It's time to stand and vote the idiots out and start writing letters to those in charge and demanding that they do something about this or you will promise to campaign against them with your entire being, Then and maybe then things will start turning in our direction...

And as for This causing more CCers to get arrested for accidently exposure, I guess I'm not seeing the danger there as it simply says Accidental exposure and unless someone intended to draw their gun each and every moment of the day, I don't see where it will cause us more trouble... Either way, I will take my chances and keep carrying and that is a fact...

77zach

NRA is all about MONEY and not Guns, Nor our rights... Once people begin to see that and stop the NRA garbage then and then only will they see, It's time to stand and vote the idiots out and start writing letters to those in charge and demanding that they do something about this or you will promise to campaign against them with your entire being, Then and maybe then things will start turning in our direction...

And as for This causing more CCers to get arrested for accidently exposure, I guess I'm not seeing the danger there as it simply says Accidental exposure and unless someone intended to draw their gun each and every moment of the day, I don't see where it will cause us more trouble... Either way, I will take my chances and keep carrying and that is a fact...

The NRA is not on the OC bandwagon. It's seen as whacky to their sensibilities. They still do a lot of good.

However, we won't have their support next time if they're satisfied with the language of the new SB 234. Our task is daunting but dooable.

~*'Phoenix'*~

The NRA is not on the OC bandwagon. It's seen as whacky to their sensibilities. They still do a lot of good.

However, we won't have their support next time if they're satisfied with the language of the new SB 234. Our task is daunting but dooable.

I don't think the House will pass that crap. This 234 will fail, have the full accidental coverage/failed OC provision stripped, or maybemaybe just maybe go to conference committee and get forced back into real OC by House pressure?
I'd rather fail, clinging to that hopeless hope that accept guaranteed defeat.
It's always been a hopeless hope since day 1 anyway, why give up after just 1 more defeat?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I am unfortunately a life member of the NRA. I just called today and asked to cancel and was told you can't cancel a life membership. I said I refuse to have my name associated with your organization anymore and demanded to have my name removed from their membership. She said that will convert my original life payment into a "annual" payment and pro-rate it, which means I'll be a member for years to come, but eventually will be expired. They don't give a $#!+

Last edited:

77zach

I don't think the House will pass that crap. This 234 will fail, have the full accidental coverage/failed OC provision stripped, or maybemaybe just maybe go to conference committee and get forced back into real OC by House pressure?
I'd rather fail, clinging to that hopeless hope that accept guaranteed defeat.
It's always been a hopeless hope since day 1 anyway, why give up after just 1 more defeat?

Oh no, I think it will pass. The language is very poor and impossibly ambiguous. This is not uncommon for what states are pleased to call the "law."

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I don't know guys. I'm not hating on the NRA yet. They do a lot of good. I think it is just crappy that Evers and the NRA made this seem like a PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE WIND BLOWING THEIR SHIRTS bill. They were trying to be sneaky to get us OC. Unfortunately they didn't man up when this amendment got put in, maybe so they didn't look stupid. idk.

RRobaldo

I am unfortunately a life member of the NRA. I just called today and asked to cancel and was told you can't cancel a life membership. I said I refuse to have my name associated with your organization anymore and demanded to have my name removed from their membership. She said that will convert my original life payment into a "annual" payment and pro-rate it, which means I'll be a member for years to come, but eventually will be expired. They don't give a $#!+

Seems like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The NRA still has your $$$, which is what they want anyway. So you're losing life benefits, but still paying the lifetime price.... Seems a bit anti-constructive, but it's your money...

77zach

I don't know guys. I'm not hating on the NRA yet. They do a lot of good. I think it is just crappy that Evers and the NRA made this seem like a PROTECT PEOPLE FROM THE WIND BLOWING THEIR SHIRTS bill. They were trying to be sneaky to get us OC. Unfortunately they didn't man up when this amendment got put in, maybe so they didn't look stupid. idk.

His aid said Evers' wants open carry and will work to pass it.

Per Evers' aid:

"This is just the beginning of the effort to restore open carry in Florida."

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

That's what he told me too, also said he's pretty sure "he won't try yet next year, but will try again."
If OC was one of his campaign points, he'd better try next year, or at least co-sponsor whoever we can get to sponsor our bill, or he might not have any more chances after next year...
I'm not saying I'd try to get rid of him, he's good for us, but too passive to rely on as our advocate. We need someone on fire but stilll calm and rational.
Maybe we can promote Dorworth to Senate next year? ;)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
His aid said Evers' wants open carry and will work to pass it.

Per Evers' aid:

"This is just the beginning of the effort to restore open carry in Florida."

Evers needs to grow a pair before I can takes his words seriously. Just like the right to defend yourself... There is the Right, and there is the ABILITY. I'm not calling for his removal, but the face he put forward on this, I don't think he has the ability.

If some ranting bitch on wheels makes you run and hide, you're not fit. Come on, he's a man, and how old? He should have learned how to deal with that a long time ago.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Seems like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. The NRA still has your $$$, which is what they want anyway. So you're losing life benefits, but still paying the lifetime price.... Seems a bit anti-constructive, but it's your money...

Let me introduce you to principles. Priciples..you...you principles.

firedog

Let me introduce you to principles. Priciples..you...you principles.
I think the NRA needs to get the message. I'm not going to support them any longer. I will go with GOA and others. Maybe an influx to the other true 2A supporters will build them into a recognizable group. I agree with Venator, there is a principle here that needs to be relayed to the NRA.

You may cancel my membership with the NRA. I will not be renewing my membership with the NRA anytime in the future. Please remove my email and contact information from your databases. Furthermore, it will be my mission to eliminate the membership requirement for membership to my gun clubs. I will motion within these clubs until they pull the NRA requirement or terminate my membership.

I am a Florida resident and your failure & inappropriate compromise on 2A rights referencing SB234 in the 2011 session was deplorable.

Japle

You guys crack me up. You don’t get a resounding victory with everything you want, so you trash the NRA. Good thinkin’!!

This bill isn’t what we wanted. It’s too early to know exactly what form it’ll take if and when it passes. Is it progress? I’m not sure, but I know it’s not the end of the world.

Look how long it took the antis to put us where we were in 1987. Look at the progress we’ve made since then. Who’s had the most influence on our progress? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

I don’t understand all the gnashing of teeth and cries of despair. We’re gaining ground, not losing. The antis are the ones who are losing. Why? Well, let’s see. Who’s the most powerful, most feared lobby in Washington? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

The antis wanted total gun control (that’s a total gun ban) and were getting it a bit at a time. We stopped them. Who’s “we”? Could it be the NRA/ILA?

We want zero gun control for law-abiding and sane citizens and we’re getting it a bit at a time. The antis can't stop us, but they can make it hard. Deal with it. If you don’t want to bother, just withdraw your support from our most powerful ally and trash them in internet forums. Yeah, that makes sense!!

This is going to be a long war. Our enemies aren’t going to quit. They didn’t quit when they lost a skirmish and they eventually came close to destroying gun rights in plenty of states and cities. Now we’re beating them back.

Whether you agree with them every time or not, the NRA/ILA is the leader in our war. They aren’t the only leader, but nobody swings a bigger club.

The NRA/ILA is always asking for money. No kidding! Do you think all the lobbying they do is cheap? In this country, you make political gains by outspending your opponent. Big money comes from supporters, in this case gun owners and shooters. That’s us.

Do you think you have a better handle on what’ll fly in the legislature than the ILA?
Do you think you’re better qualified than Marion Hammer?

Than you’re in the wrong job.