• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ashland city and boyd county illegal signs

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Just wanted to update on a few things. I have received word that Ashland city council has passed a second reading to remove their illegal ordinance that requires firearms retailers in the city to inform chief of police of every name social and serial num. Of every person buying a gun.good news. Also pertaining to the
No cc signs at health Dept. I received back a lengthy email from the head
Of human res. And she informed methat she spoke with bud Stevens and that he has arranged a meeting for us to discuss the issue on may 3rd. She was very polite in her email and I'm sure I can get these signs removed, so I guess I'll b openly carrying at the fiscal court meeting ties., neone wanna join me? I also intend on bringing up the libraries sign as well because it to cannot be
Enforced due to cty commissioners not enacting an ordinance. Just wanted to pass this on and make sure nobody has ne more illegal signs to pass my way or ne other issues. Also, where the courthouse has div. Of drivers licensing in it, by law they have to allow open carry and cc since the county doesnt have an ordinance don't they. I plan on taking ag opinions an such with me, does nobody to of nething that says nething about just cty owned buildings? And not just park buildings?

09jisaac

I don't mind joining you. I am new to this whole thing so I don't know if I can be much more than moral support. I live just south of ashland in louisa.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Your odd abbreviations and spelling make it difficult to read.

I applaud the work you are doing for all of us but....why do folks feel they have to write everything in text speak ?? Hopefully nothing that you are writing up to the various entities are written like that.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Thanks for all the info gutshot, u were correct I was wanting to know if drivers license was public office or not so I guess they are ok with allowing no carry in courthouse. I have printouts of everything u suggested so hopefully I can restore our rights at a few places where they should never have been takn n the first place. I'm curious to hear of wat u have been workn on as well...

And if us like to join me louisa just pm me. I'd feel more at ease with someone carryin with me, this will b my first fiscal court meeting carrying a firearm, they need to realize they can't take our rights....

And I'm typn on iPhone most of the time so grammar is a lil bad. I absolutely watch it when I am writing something of importance...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
yea, what I was concerned about was that the county of boyd legislature has not passed an ordinance banning cc n certain or all buildings. Therefore, the libraries sign is illegal, because they cant have the sign with no ordinance. The boyd couty helth dept. is owned by the county, and the city of ashland from what bud stevens told me. The city does have AN ordinance that bans cc in city buildings,but where the county doesnt have one, wouldnt all parties who have ownership of property have to have an ordinance banning cc in order for their signs to be legal?? just because the city is part owner, that doesnt mean they can make policy without the counties consent does it? Back to the library, the sign says anyone violating their weapons policy, will lose library privilages, that too is illegal isnt it? because if their no cc sign was enforcable with a passed ordinance, krs237.115 states all they can do is ask you to leave if they see you ccarrying... they cant punish you by taking your privilages away can they? And where openly carried weapons are allowed in all state county and city buildings unless prohibited by law, how can their sign even state that no other deadly weapons are allowed??? Having a sign that says no deadly weapons of ne kind is against our state constitution. neways, this sign is supposed to be removed, im gonna give them a week and check back. Sorry about the typo's on previous thread, im gonna make sure I type correctly for now on, and thanks for all your help on these issues.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
when i went back to speak with judge exec. he had spoke with our county attorney, and didnt seem to care that these signs needed to come down. He said that neither building was onwed by the county and that was it. I havent had a chance to make it to our pva office due to work schedules, and boyd county attorney refuses to meet with me. The library now has a sign up stating they reserve the right to search ne and all bags and persons.....they just keep going, how in the world does a public place have authority so search neone??? if i ever get some time hopefully ill figure out who owns these buildings

CharleyCherokee

It's the constant "upping" that leads me to believe that it's coming to a point to prove the point. Refuse all searches! Refuse to leave because you wouldn't let them search you! This crap is untolerable! I truly believe that these people will continue until that hit that brick wall.