• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB234 is ruined. Can we get the House to refuse to amend?

~*'Phoenix'*~

The house loves 517 as is. We need to slam their inboxes and phones with unyielding, ferocious support that they must refuse to amend 517 to match, and force 234 to be unamended.
It is the one, only, hope we have of OC, and it is dismal. But even the senates neocons will likely not be willing as being seen voting against gun rights altogether, and may be convinced by house pressure to nix Bogdanoff's amendment.
I know, it's a hopeless hope. But it has been all along. Don't give up until we've tried this.

RRobaldo

I wanted Evers to scuttle the bill if it was forced to have the amendment. I went as far as to send an email to his office requesting that he do so. This is the reply I got from his office: (cross posted in another thread, but seems appropriate here).

Mr. Robaldo,

I want to assure you that Senator Evers is disappointed as well. I have to respectfully disagree with you, as there are several positive provisions of this bill other than open carry and we should throw the baby out with the bath water. Also, the original intent of this bill was to protect concealed weapons permit holders from accidental exposure. Open carry was simply the way to achieve that goal. Senator Evers was not willing to risk losing the protection against accidental exposure, the sale of long guns in non-contiguous state, etc. This bill will not give more power to police. This bill clarifies the current law and provides that it is not a violation if a weapon is briefly exposed by accident. Under current law, it is illegal for it to be exposed for any reason.

This is a positive step for gun owners. Senator Evers is not satisfied with this bill and will continue to work hard for 2nd amendment rights and ccw permit holders. This is not the end of the line for open-carry. Unfortunately, the reality is that the support simply is not there at this time.

Respectfully,

Ryan Rice

koja1962

I am done. I thank everyone who fought the good fight. but obviously this state is so back ass wards. i have lived here all my life and all i can say is im DONE. this state woun' t change in my lifetime. they won't listen to the facts of all the other states that allow open carry they listen to all the brass in law enforcement lying through their teeth and that's o.k.? im going to start the job hunt and me and my family are getting out of this stupid state once and for all.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I am done. I thank everyone who fought the good fight. but obviously this state is so back ass wards. i have lived here all my life and all i can say is im DONE. this state woun' t change in my lifetime. they won't listen to the facts of all the other states that allow open carry they listen to all the brass in law enforcement lying through their teeth and that's o.k.? im going to start the job hunt and me and my family are getting out of this stupid state once and for all.

I wish I could go. I'm stationed here for 4 more years. :( The next job I want is in Texas...no OC THERE EITHER. FML

PavePusher

Don't give up, these things don't happen quickly. You may well still get O.C. before Illinois gets any kind of carry at all....

77zach

That's what should be done

SB 234's other provisions don't really affect anyone. At least they're minor inconveniences that are uncontroversial. I say let HB 517 go unamended. Let it go to a conference committee.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I'm with you. Lived here my whole life. It's done nothing but get worse and worse. The Statists own this place.

Where are you looking?

Last edited:

j4l

I wanted Evers to scuttle the bill if it was forced to have the amendment. I went as far as to send an email to his office requesting that he do so. This is the reply I got from his office: (cross posted in another thread, but seems appropriate here).

Mr. Robaldo,

I want to assure you that Senator Evers is disappointed as well. I have to respectfully disagree with you, as there are several positive provisions of this bill other than open carry and we should throw the baby out with the bath water. Also, the original intent of this bill was to protect concealed weapons permit holders from accidental exposure. Open carry was simply the way to achieve that goal. Senator Evers was not willing to risk losing the protection against accidental exposure, the sale of long guns in non-contiguous state, etc. This bill will not give more power to police. This bill clarifies the current law and provides that it is not a violation if a weapon is briefly exposed by accident. Under current law, it is illegal for it to be exposed for any reason.

This is a positive step for gun owners. Senator Evers is not satisfied with this bill and will continue to work hard for 2nd amendment rights and ccw permit holders. This is not the end of the line for open-carry. Unfortunately, the reality is that the support simply is not there at this time.

Respectfully,

Ryan Rice

Then obviously, Evers needs to walk the plank next election. Let him know to plan on doing so.

j4l

I'm with you. Lived here my whole life. It's done nothing but get worse and worse. The Statists own this place.

Where are you looking?

I dont disagree with you, but as bad as it is, this still isnt NY or Cali or Md or DC or any number of places. Why throw in the towel? Overthrow the Regime next chance you get instead.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Evers is just weak. He couldn't even make arguments in committee. He needs to grow a damn backbone. I won't call for his dismissal, but he really needs to grow a pair. Bogdanoff has more balls than 10 of him.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Life is too short, I've been fighting for sanity in Florida for over 20 years. The opposite is what keeps happening, without exception.

I know exactly how this amendment will be abused to the opposite of it's intent. Been down this road many times. Maybe you'll get OC in FL someday. I'm not waiting any more. The grass is greener pretty much everywhere.

I'm going to be a Free Man for at least at least a few years before I die. **** Floriduh. See the link in my sig if you really want to understand why.

Willm3053

Evers is just weak. He couldn't even make arguments in committee. He needs to grow a damn backbone. I won't call for his dismissal, but he really needs to grow a pair. Bogdanoff has more balls than 10 of him.

That's what I didn't understand when I was watching this guy, he didn't stand-up against her and she owned him during session. What a disgrace!