• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic?

M

McX

i think there is one coming up this weekend(?).

Firearms Fun Weekend 4/30, the Final Chapter

OK Wisconsin, here is all the info, if I miss anything, I will fix it on edit.

Open Carry Meet and Eat

This will be at Bad Bones BBQ in downtown Minocqua on Saturday April 30th, 2011 and will run from noon to about 7 p.m. The address is listed below. Open carry is encouraged, but not required.

Fun Shoot and Fundraiser

Noon to Dusk

This is a free to everyone event. We will have drinks (Soda/Water) for sale there throughout the course of the day. The range is 100 yards and will accommodate any firearm up to 20 MM Sniper Rifles (I have shot one there). Full Autos are not OK at this event unless they are accompanied by LEOs or appropriate paperwork, and they should not exceed.223 or 9mm in caliber.

Last edited:
M

McX

and:
Open Carry Picnic/Get Togeather 8/13

Ok so an idea that was brought up at the last starbucks get togeather in delavan was a BBQ and seems to have a lot of interest so i am willing to spear head this and see if we can do it in a park in delavan so that families could bring their kids to play on the playground and all that fun stuff. Through some investigation as to not look like an idiot by setting it up near a school (gonna have to get city permission for it either way) i have found one that should work if there is truly interest. I know its a long time out but was thinking Aug, 13th if that works as that is a sat. and should give everyone time to plan for it. Again this is tenative at this point as i still need to get all the proper requirements and such taken care of. I would like to do this as a potluck style thing (everyone bring something to share) that way the cost is lower for everyone. What i need to know before i go any further is who would be interested in this. Also anyone who would be willing to help with any of the details would be more than welcome to. So for now i sit awaiting thoughts/suggestions.