• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off Topic. Where to get 1911 parts??

crunch14

Hey folks... Long story short I got a smokin deal on a Thompson (Auto Ordnance) Gvt. Model 1911 .45acp. Only problem is I need a new extractor. Went to Brownells site and they didn't list Auto ordnance 1911's neither did Midway (that I saw). I live on the Eastside and Wades wouldn't order the part unless they were gonna do the work. Whats a guy to do? BTW I got a Winchester Model 70 .300 win mag at the same time and need some smithing work done to it (glass bedding and re-bluing). Anyone have some recommendations?

Thanks much,
Crunch

j2l3

A OCDO member called sirpuma (Port Orchard) can probably handle your needs. He's quick and fair. Also, another member called Buck's Gun Shop (Snohomish).

I would message them and see if they can help you.

sirpuma

You probably won't find a specific extractor by Auto Ordnance on the market, but I wouldn't be afraid to put a Springfield or Colt extractor in it. Just make sure you get one that matches your type.

As far as the Win70 goes I have services listed on my website (www.celticarmory.com) along with a forum section. Shoot me an email or PM (now that I got my email notifications back on here) and we can chat business. Redmond to Port Orchard is a bit of a trek so you may want to look closer to you. http://westernwashingtonfirearms.com/index.php is another forum for folks on this side of the mountains and you may be able to find someone in your neck of the woods that can help.

jeeper1

I have an AO 1911a1 government model and every part is identical to a Colt 1911a1 government model.

Trigger Dr

I have an AO 1911a1 government model and every part is identical to a Colt 1911a1 government model.

Just be certain that is a series 70 part., and they are caliber specific. Google 1911forum and check out the gunsmithing section for proper adjustment and tensioning of the extractor.
Advanced Tactical.com can help also.

Just refinished and upgraded my Rock Island Arms .38 super.

Before:
013.jpg

After:
009.jpg

Last edited: