Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead Robber, Unloaded gun

Dead Robber, Unloaded gun

This was shared by someone on facebook, and I found it appropriate to share it here.

http://www.ketv.com/r/23309461/detail.html

First it was turned into a racial issue, then the boy's mother said this "I slept well last night and the night before for the first time, and it really felt good because I didn't have to wonder where my son is at,"

Antone in that situation that was responsible and armed would have done the same thing.

Shooters Interview http://www.ketv.com/video/23311784/detail.html
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 04-27-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Anyone in that situation that was responsible and armed would have done the same thing.
    Damn right they would have, and they would have been a hero too....

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    "Living in this world as a black man was the hardest things he dealt with," Kim Thomas said.

Give me a break. That is so racist, it's not even worth considering.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    "Living in this world as a black man was the hardest things he dealt with," Kim Thomas said.

I can't even believe that idiot said that... Could she not think of anything else to say about her son?

"...and the person that did take my son's life, he has to live with that for the rest of his life"

And the repercussions for threatening the lives of everyone in the Walgreens with an armed robbery? Oh that's right, nothing.

You know, it does suck that a human being died. But leave it at that. Any reasonable person, black or white, would have protected themselves in that situation.

"the person that did take my son's life, he has to live with that for the rest of his life"

Trust me lady, he's not losing sleep over the loss of your son. L2parent
    Last edited by Schlitz; 04-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.

If the hardest thing he had to deal with was the level of melanin in his skin, he had a pretty easy life. I can think of lots worse things to have to deal with.

Hell, I was born with prematurely gray hair, who'd you like to go through life with That Handicap?

There is also the fact that one of the "Defender's" bullets went down the barrel of the "assailent's" gun. That means that the gun had to be pointed at him.

The simple fact is that if someone is threatening those around me with a shotgun, I am not going to take the time to see if it is loaded. This guy odviously waited until the robber turned around and pointed that shotgun at him before he shot the robber. That is a lot more testies than I have, considering the damage a shotgun can do, I am not waiting, I am dumping a round or 2 into the guy and holding his buddy at bay.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    The shooter may face CCW charge??? And why would the shooter go on camera and say he wasn't afraid. I wouldn't talk to the media in the first place and if I did I surely wouldn't have said that. I would have said I was afraid for my life and those around me. Oh well.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

I wonder what would have happened if the shooter was OCing.... I bet he wouldn't have had to kill that kid. Who knows....

I agree...the bullet down the barrel shows the gun was pointed in his direction.

Sounds like the kid has been out of control for a while... parents not willing to put in the hard work of reeling him back in. They just throw up their hands and then wonder why/how something like this can happen... NEWSFLASH: You're not good parents.

In order for him to fall back on his good up bringing, he has to have a good up bringing.
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 04-28-2011 at 11:50 AM.

The county attorney said McCullough fired eight shots; four bullets hit Thomas and one got lodged in the barrel of Thomas' shot gun.
    That doesn't say the bullet went down the barrel, it could very well have entered the barrel from the side and stuck there.

FYI... this incident is over a year old. As I recall, the shooter was not charged related to the shooting. He was charged with carrying concealed without a permit (or something similar), but I think that was eventually dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    That doesn't say the bullet went down the barrel, it could very well have entered the barrel from the side and stuck there.
    Reading the article wasn't clear. Then watching the interview, he mentioned that a round went down the shotgun barrel. /shrug

Funny, the many black professionals I work with don't put that very high on the list of hard things they deal with. Then again, none of them are criminals. Saaaayyy...do you suppose...just thinkin' out loud here...is it possible that being a criminal POS was actually what made his life hard?!

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    The shooter may face CCW charge??? And why would the shooter go on camera and say he wasn't afraid. I wouldn't talk to the media in the first place and if I did I surely wouldn't have said that. I would have said I was afraid for my life and those around me. Oh well.
    I would've said, "Damn right I was afraid! With that shotgun pointing at me, I was as scared as I've ever been!"

And ya know what? I would have been telling the truth!

She should have tried living as a black person in Nashville in the late ‘40s and early ‘50s when I was growing up.

A bullet in the barrel is better than two in the bush?

What a plethora of conflicting statements from Thomas' mother:

"Thomas' mother, Kim Thomas, described her son as quiet, reserved, trustworthy and laid back.
    This is the antithesis of a person who robs drug stores with a shotgun.

She said he was also influenced by peer pressure and changed so much in the past year that she barely recognized him.
    So then he wasn't quite exactly "quiet, reserved, trustworthy and laid back," at least not any more.

The parents both described their son as increasingly depressed and aloof.
    So then he definately was no longer "quiet, reserved, trustworthy and laid back."

She said she knew this is how his life would end.
    "Every time I hear a gunshot, I grab the phone and call to make sure it wasn't my son," she said.
    So then she was probably well aware of the fact his activities were of such a nature he would likely run afoul of the law, or worse.

The past year made her realize she had lost contact with the son she once knew, the mother said.
    So then she was definately aware of the fact her son was no longer the "quiet, reserved, trustworthy and laid back" person she once knew.

She said when he was shot outside King Science School in April 2009, that was just the beginning. "My son was shot. Three months ago, my son dropped out of school. The last two months, my son stayed away," Kim Thomas said.
    So then the change in his behavior from the "quiet, reserved, trustworthy and laid back" person she once knew was so severe it was readily apparent to her and others that it was dramatically changing the course of his life.

She said she has already forgiven McCullough...
    For what? Defending himself and others against rampant, armed violence during an attempted robbery?

...though she is disturbed that he's being called a hero.
    Why? Because he defended himself and others against rampant, armed violence during an attempted robbery?

The two surviving suspects are known gang members. Anyone care to wager the deceased was a gang member, as well?

Anyone care to wager the real issue here is that many people in our society simply cannot think straight, and because they cannot think straight, their actions, or lack thereof, are out of synch with reality?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if the shooter was OCing.... I bet he wouldn't have had to kill that kid. Who knows....

I agree...the bullet down the barrel shows the gun was pointed in his direction.

Sounds like the kid has been out of control for a while... parents not willing to put in the hard work of reeling him back in. They just throw up their hands and then wonder why/how something like this can happen... NEWSFLASH: You're not good parents.

In order for him to fall back on his good up bringing, he has to have a good up bringing.

Wow, I've waited forever to hear someone other than myself actually say this. Thank you. I was beginning to think I was nuts or something.
    Worked for over 2 years in a major trauma center near me. Night after night after night we'd have the surviving family of yet another worthless dirtbag carrying on like that upon hearing that their little monster did not survive being an armed monster.

Always this "why why why my baaabaay" crap. And every time I had to bite my tongue to refrain from saying:

"Well,*******. Your crackhead,gangsta-wannabe,worthless kid went out and did what that both you and he knew to be wrong,and he paid the price for it-had you done your part, MAYBE this could have been avoided.".

Exactly... most of the parents know damn well what is going on. They're just too lazy or stupid OR the fact that the GOVT has put the kibosh on actual parenting.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    sounds to me like.....dumb gangbanger trying to be tough. armed informed citizen takes him out. parents play the race card. and say he was a good kid. everyone on death row was a GREAT kid according to their parents........

"The parents of a man who may have tried to rob a Walgreens before being shot dead by an armed customer said their son's weapon wasn't loaded."

Well, obviously this makes the shooter in the wrong, why would he shoot someone with an unloaded gun?

On a serious note, I'm sure what the mother and step father are saying is a knee-jerk reaction from the emotions involved, but there is so much wrong with what they said it's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    "the person that did take my son's life, he has to live with that for the rest of his life"

Trust me lady, he's not losing sleep over the loss of your son. L2parent
    THIS I will never, ever loose sleep over something like this, I will loose sleep knowing a person was hurt or killed because I did nothing.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Black, white or flying purple people eater, everyone has a choic to make. Live peaceably by the law, or live outside of the law. If your child is headed to the outside of the law side of life (happens to both black and white), now is the time to change his environment and give him/her some extra training.

Some parents say I can't do that, I have a job, and I have to make a living...Well, you made your choice, your job and making a living is more important than your child??? or not.

Yes, when they are the age of majority you cannot force them to move with you, but then you have to accept what happens.

BTW: personally, I blame social welfare for things like this...through it they learn no respect for anothers property. If not the individual, through his "buddies"...

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    yeah youre right, its not so long ago that people with prematurely grey hair were hung until dead and then dragged through the streets...
    I won't say that there aren't still some issues that black people face that I don't, but they are pretty insignificant compared to the issues that people create for themselves by their bad decisions and bad behavior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast