• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dead Robber, Unloaded gun

carry for myself

sounds to me like.....dumb gangbanger trying to be tough. armed informed citizen takes him out. parents play the race card. and say he was a good kid. everyone on death row was a GREAT kid according to their parents........

Patriot2A

"The parents of a man who may have tried to rob a Walgreens before being shot dead by an armed customer said their son's weapon wasn't loaded."

Well, obviously this makes the shooter in the wrong, why would he shoot someone with an unloaded gun? :banghead:

On a serious note, I'm sure what the mother and step father are saying is a knee-jerk reaction from the emotions involved, but there is so much wrong with what they said it's unbelievable.

zack991

"the person that did take my son's life, he has to live with that for the rest of his life"

Trust me lady, he's not losing sleep over the loss of your son. L2parent

THIS I will never, ever loose sleep over something like this, I will loose sleep knowing a person was hurt or killed because I did nothing.

Claytron

If the hardest thing he had to deal with was the level of melanin in his skin, he had a pretty easy life. I can think of lots worse things to have to deal with.

Hell, I was born with prematurely gray hair, who'd you like to go through life with That Handicap?

yeah youre right, its not so long ago that people with prematurely grey hair were hung until dead and then dragged through the streets...

hermannr

Black, white or flying purple people eater, everyone has a choic to make. Live peaceably by the law, or live outside of the law. If your child is headed to the outside of the law side of life (happens to both black and white), now is the time to change his environment and give him/her some extra training.

Some parents say I can't do that, I have a job, and I have to make a living...Well, you made your choice, your job and making a living is more important than your child??? or not.

Yes, when they are the age of majority you cannot force them to move with you, but then you have to accept what happens.

BTW: personally, I blame social welfare for things like this...through it they learn no respect for anothers property. If not the individual, through his "buddies"...

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
yeah youre right, its not so long ago that people with prematurely grey hair were hung until dead and then dragged through the streets...

I won't say that there aren't still some issues that black people face that I don't, but they are pretty insignificant compared to the issues that people create for themselves by their bad decisions and bad behavior.

OldCurlyWolf

Black, white or flying purple people eater, everyone has a choic to make. Live peaceably by the law, or live outside of the law. If your child is headed to the outside of the law side of life (happens to both black and white), now is the time to change his environment and give him/her some extra training.

Some parents say I can't do that, I have a job, and I have to make a living...Well, you made your choice, your job and making a living is more important than your child??? or not.

Yes, when they are the age of majority you cannot force them to move with you, but then you have to accept what happens.

BTW: personally, I blame social welfare for things like this...through it they learn no respect for anothers property. If not the individual, through his "buddies"...

You can Thank LBJ and his cronies for that and the sorry state of Social Security.:cuss:

Last edited:

FireStar M40

Among Other Comments, THIS I don't understand..!!

The news article said..

"About 50 supporters showed up at the courthouse in support of both suspects."

In support of. In support of.. what..!!..? The two guys being accomplices to a attempted store robbery?

And why, pray tell, would one want to support someone being a gang-banger who's committing a unlawful act? It's obvious I'm missing something here. Please tell me what it is because I'm :confused: .

FireStar M40

INSPGAD

Gang bangers

The parents aren't wanting to see what's going on they live in a fantasy land that their sweet loving child is still that even though they know what's going on. I thought it was an interesting insight that the mother said she had slept better the last two nights not having to worry about where her son was and what he was doing.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
There is also the fact that one of the "Defender's" bullets went down the barrel of the "assailent's" gun. That means that the gun had to be pointed at him.
I found this comment in the video

The county attorney said McCullough fired eight shots; four bullets hit Thomas and one got lodged in the barrel of Thomas' shot gun.
This was the lawyerspeak

Two clear references to the FACT the weapon (shotgun, close range) was pointed in his direction and defense of his life (and those around him) was necessary. The mere fact he had control of himself and his weapon should not be a factor. He put aside any fear, paid attention to the situation and placed very well aimed fire on the bad guys. Good job, mate.