• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LANDLORD AND OPEN CARRY please help, again...

Lady Glock

sorry that most replies went off subject due to people critisizing my carry method, my original question remains un dealt with:p

Did you miss my reply? I thought I answered your question fairly accurately. Oh well...maybe you didn't like what I had to say?!:confused:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
.......snip......... any input as to where im at risk of any reprecussions?am i wrong? what can happen to me? (chalk one for the OC'ers)

OK - back to your original question as you have requested.

This is a forum dedicated to OC and the RKBA within the limits of our rules.

The posters here are not real estate experts - it is suggested if you wish to pursue this avenue more thoroughly, that it would be in your best interest to consult a lawyer specializing in that arena near you.

Joe GlockStar

OK - back to your original question as you have requested.

This is a forum dedicated to OC and the RKBA within the limits of our rules.

The posters here are not real estate experts - it is suggested if you wish to pursue this avenue more thoroughly, that it would be in your best interest to consult a lawyer specializing in that arena near you.

was just asking if anyone has already ran into this problem, thanks everyone for your help. my lawyer said to thumb my nose at Landlord they cant make me do anything

Lady Glock

was just asking if anyone has already ran into this problem, thanks everyone for your help. my lawyer said to thumb my nose at Landlord they cant make me do anything

As stated in my original post...if this is your choice of action, you should probably start looking for somewhere else to live soon...they can non-renew your lease and not give any specific reasons for it. Another option is...provide reference letters detailing the training you have received that could be helpful to others in the event of a SHTF moment...get signatures from neighbors who don't care if you carry or actually even appreciate that you carry...and present that to your landlord...go over their head to the owner if need be.

Rasher

Joe I hope I dont offend you but, trying to draw and rack one while holding your infant child, thats just stupid, you atacker will be on you before you can get it done, I say this as a M.A. instructor, who has taught students how fast a determend person can get to you and do damage. You will be stressed and chances are you wont get it done. Please for the sake of your child carry with one in the chamber it will take a bit of stress off you.

Joe GlockStar

Joe I hope I dont offend you but, trying to draw and rack one while holding your infant child, thats just stupid, you atacker will be on you before you can get it done, I say this as a M.A. instructor, who has taught students how fast a determend person can get to you and do damage. You will be stressed and chances are you wont get it done. Please for the sake of your child carry with one in the chamber it will take a bit of stress off you.

no offense what so ever, i love to hear any suggestions. u are correct about the speed at which somebody can get to u, as ive personally run tueller drills alot. i think what im gonna do is try to carry with a round in the tube for a few days see how i feel. the problem is, day to day i usually always have my gun on, even at home. i may unholster and set it on table when on the couch but leave my paddle holster on from time i put my clothes on in morning till i take them off at night. so i unholster to get on the ground and play with the little guy or nap with him, or watch tv here and there.also while at home i handle my gun all day whether "playing" with it or dry firing.so ill have to get used to removing that round and putting it back in mag multiple times daily, but im gonna give it a whirl. thanks for ur input.

Tawnos

no offense what so ever, i love to hear any suggestions. u are correct about the speed at which somebody can get to u, as ive personally run tueller drills alot. i think what im gonna do is try to carry with a round in the tube for a few days see how i feel. the problem is, day to day i usually always have my gun on, even at home. i may unholster and set it on table when on the couch but leave my paddle holster on from time i put my clothes on in morning till i take them off at night. so i unholster to get on the ground and play with the little guy or nap with him, or watch tv here and there.also while at home i handle my gun all day whether "playing" with it or dry firing.so ill have to get used to removing that round and putting it back in mag multiple times daily, but im gonna give it a whirl. thanks for ur input.

There's this wonderful key to the left of "z". If you hold it while simultaneously pressing another key, you can often modify the output of that other key, generally resulting in these things we call "capital letters". These letters help inform a reader, especially a fast one, of sentence breaks and important concepts contained within your screed. In German, they also help show you which words are nouns.

Next time u and ur alot are out doing two-finger Tueller drills, you can think about why you're unholstering so much. I don't know about others here, but my gun tends to stay holstered from the time it was last cleaned/loaded until the time it is shot. I guess that's one benefit of the paddle holster with the Serpa you hate so very much.

j4l

All other silly stuff here aside, I see some point to Joe's no round chambered method-when around the house,and with little ones around.
When at home,I carry constantly. When my nephew is over(4 yrs old), out of an abundance of caution, I make sure my pistol is cleared.Even though it is secure in the holster.
Some of you would be amazed how fast/easy a little one's hands can grasp something,especially if you are pre-occupied in some way,with something else.
Now,going out and about on the town,is another matter. Round in the chamber,safety on.

sraacke

I don't see how a pistol, snapped in a decent retention holster has any chance of being drawn by a child and fired. Handeling your gun any more than necessary can result in an AD. Constantly removing and reloading the same rounds can cause the bullets to be pushed into the case and cause failure to feed or fire. Just keep your gun holstered and don't take it out of the holster unless it is to clean the gun occasionally or to shoot in self defence.