• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If at first you don't succeed, fight, FIGHT AGAIN!

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
You see Dean vote against the new SB 234 too? Wonder what his reasoning was.

Hey, look at the elegance of the TX OC bill during your drafts. Post them here for review if you want.

In TX, they're just deleting the word "concealed" before every instance of "handgun" related to the licensing law.

I don't want to wait 7 years. Mass protests between then and now. whatever. I'm game.

What Texas is doing wont get past the FL Senate. We will have the same senators next year. Florida Carry is working on new language that may get the FSA off our backs and have a chance of passing next year.

RRobaldo

What Texas is doing wont get past the FL Senate. We will have the same senators next year. Florida Carry is working on new language that may get the FSA off our backs and have a chance of passing next year.

Whatever we can do to help, just give the word. I want 2A rights restored! Failing that, I want as close to it as I can possibly get.

While I am personally not likely to OC, I want to make that choice MYSELF. Not have it shoved down my throat by some elitist who thinks they know what's best for me.

77zach

I hope you let us see some of the work for comments and analysis. I don't see how the FSA can be appeased. This will be interesting.

~*'Phoenix'*~

True, but we WILL NOT HAVE the same senators in 2013. I"m sure all of us here are willing to see to that. We get to throw the whole lot of them out in the 2012 elections :D

~*'Phoenix'*~

Me three.
Before this I was resigned to our fate of no OC in Florida. Now my appetite is whetted. I'm so PISSED!!

These BS 'concealed only, and only with a license' statutes completely piss me off.
They give us only the barest, bitter taste of freedom, while we're forced to watch all our nearest neighbors in Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama, and even Californians, enjoy the feast.
I think I'm moving to Alabama or Virginia. They look like great places. But even if I'm gone I'll still support FL efforts cause I'll still have family here.

77zach

The key is nonviolent boldness. From what I saw, the FSA is a very anti-rights group. I believe that they would like to see guns banned completely. If we let them set gun policy, we'd have a complete gun ban in Florida.

They protested against legalizing internet poker. They want to be our masters. They want everyone in a cage. And they have the stolen tax dollars to vigorously lobby for it.

j4l

Well, above and beyond at the polls next time, when the FOP, FHP, and PAL start ringing my phone off the hook begging for donations this year, they will get an earful of why they shouldnt expect a dime. And a constructive bit of advise on who/how to pressure to reverse-course next time (if there is a next time) in order to ever see any donations again.

district9

While I am personally not likely to OC, I want to make that choice MYSELF. Not have it shoved down my throat by some elitist who thinks they know what's best for me.

That's really what's it's all about. Great way to put it

~*'Phoenix'*~

Well, above and beyond at the polls next time, when the FOP, FHP, and PAL start ringing my phone off the hook begging for donations this year, they will get an earful of why they shouldnt expect a dime. And a constructive bit of advise on who/how to pressure to reverse-course next time (if there is a next time) in order to ever see any donations again.

That's right. I'll tell them I will not donate to any law enforcement agency, union, or group, until I see documented proof they SUPPORT, not just look the other way for, but SUPPORT, my 2nd amendment rights, INCLUDING OPEN CARRY.
"Call me back when you can show me a website or newspaper article showing you've donated or lobbied for increased gun rights and open carry."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
From what I saw, the FSA is a very anti-rights group. I believe that they would like to see guns banned completely. If we let them set gun policy, we'd have a complete gun ban in Florida.

No. We would all work in a chain-gang on their plantations.

77zach

Per Evers' aid:

"This is just the beginning of the effort to restore open carry in Florida."

Last edited:

77zach

Is that why he's already said he won't put anything forward next year?

Yeah, that guy is really on fire... [/sarcasm]

I didn't hear that. But the House is standing by for anything up to and including constitutional carry. There are other senators who believe in OC. I have no doubt OC in Fl will happen. 1-3 years.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

I didn't hear that. But the House is standing by for anything up to and including constitutional carry. There are other senators who believe in OC. I have no doubt OC in Fl will happen. 1-3 years.

If I gotta bet, I'd put money on 2013, while the house is still pro-Constitution, and right after we throw out 2/3's of the senate with the message we won't stand for anyone against OC.

mister45

If I gotta bet, I'd put money on 2013, while the house is still pro-Constitution, and right after we throw out 2/3's of the senate with the message we won't stand for anyone against OC.

But when the time rolls around, Those that Vote can and will make a difference if they do what they say and "Vote" the idiots out and vote some in that care to listen, We all know each and every one of them listen while campaigning and then once they win, They become deaf and dumb, except when they want to hear something and then only if it benefits them.. or their purse...

That is the cold hard facts... I do believe we will have OC, only once their is something drastic done or happening and it needs to be put into place...

~*'Phoenix'*~

Don't worry. I vote.
I think us gun owners/carriers are becoming the most devoted voters :D
I think we were the first to realize our rights were being targeted and making sure to do something to fight back, hence many gun-law improvements, end of the Assault Weapon Ban, anti-GFZSA efforts, shall-issue CC licensing almost nationwide, some campus carry success, etc over the past few decades.
We gotta finish retaking our rights while we're on a roll and get "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" carved in a giant stone musket (or AR-15?) replica at every capitol in the nation :banana:

XD40coyote

So, I see there will be alot of fishing in popular touristy areas, am I correct? Also some campground BBQ's, also in popular touristy campgrounds? What about the to-at-from gun club clause? Can you form OC gun clubs and have your meetings at a Starbucks?

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
We need to compile a list of them now and start campaigning against them!
Need to email the turds too!

Emails won't be enough. Snail mail, email, etc. Money for their opponents, as well as active campaigning for their opponents. If they don't have opponents, RUN! you'll have our money, our support, the NRA, the entire gun lobby, and I don't care if you're a dem or a rep-- as the last vote showed it doesn't matter. As long as you stand for civil liberties, I'm behind you. We all are.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Don't worry. I vote.
I think us gun owners/carriers are becoming the most devoted voters :D
I think we were the first to realize our rights were being targeted and making sure to do something to fight back, hence many gun-law improvements, end of the Assault Weapon Ban, anti-GFZSA efforts, shall-issue CC licensing almost nationwide, some campus carry success, etc over the past few decades.
We gotta finish retaking our rights while we're on a roll and get "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" carved in a giant stone musket (or AR-15?) replica at every capitol in the nation :banana:

Unfortunately, we've lost a little bit of this fight and every bit of respect we had from those who just screwed us. It's time they got the boot in their a$$. Our reps have declared war on us, and they expect us to do nothing. If we let this stand, we will prove them right, as usual.