Thread: HB2756 Open Carry moves!!!

HB2756 Open Carry moves!!!

Were out of committee folks!!!
    The Lone Star CDL's bill is working. Lets keep it working and get this thing passed in the House.

What is the senate companion bill #?

Thanks

Wonderful!

Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Brion View Post
    Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?
    HB2756 would REPEAL the Section 46.035 (a) provision that presently restricts LICENSED and other state RECOGNIZED concealed handgun permits to CONCEALED ONLY in Texas. If HB 2756 is enacted the Texas CHL will be modified into a handgun license-period. Still not restoration of the constitutional right to carry openly - but a first step in the right direction.

If the bill is enacted , it will be interesting to see how licensed OC plays out in the Texas "Public Square". I think we will all be pleasantly surprized at the reception - compared to the levels of "issues" arising in the other 43 states.

Good Luck

All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC

0-4
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Campaign Veteran
    Look Zach, remember how positive we were? Seems like only yesterday...oh yea, it was yesterday.

And then they stepped on us like a bug.

IMO guys, you want this to pass, you need a massive showing at the vote.

I'd really rather move to Texas than Virginia.

Get 'er done.
    Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

I'm rootin' for you guys. FL took it hard yesterday from the ol' hammer and sickle.

House committee approves open carry of handguns

I'm going to refrain from getting too excited because FL ripped my heart out yesterday. Good luck TX, please let the other states know if we can help in any way.

Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.

Texas is FAR more Likely to Appease The Open Carry Movement than..., say..., Florida.

Needless to say though..., Similiar to The Circumstances found in South Carolina AND Arkansas, it seems Starnge that Texas will Allow Open Carry of Long Guns, but not of Handguns.

Thereagain, though, what is Law is Law.

Quote Originally Posted by sprale View Post
    Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.
    You make an excellent point! I too would welcome a law that would allow me to either open carry or conceal. As it stands now, if my gun becomes exposed, I could be arrested even though I have a CHL. Makes you almost nervous to carry!

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock7 View Post
    Makes you almost nervous to carry!
    I constantly tug at my shirt because of this. It looks like I have some kind of OCD because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    I constantly tug at my shirt because of this. It looks like I have some kind of OCD because of it.
    Me too, constantly checking to be sure my shirt doesn't ride up and display an evil gun!

It's just a bit silly that what could be construed as "failure to conceal" in Texas would require a concealed handgun permit in Colorado. Go figure.

Lone Star Citizen's Defense League- working to get HB 2756 enacted.
    www.lonestarcdl.org
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 04-30-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.
    This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.
    Maybe not, as more of a deterrant to CRIME, rather, more comfortable for the carrier. Gettin' hot right now and my "T" shirt is already stretched out of shape!!!
    Last edited by Cowboy_Rick; 05-07-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: punctuation

]All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC and no doubt texas will fail to pass OC again

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum71 View Post
    ]All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC and no doubt texas will fail to pass OC again
    Let's wait and see! Might be a bit different this time-hopefully!

Me too, constantly checking to be sure my shirt doesn't ride up and display an evil gun!
    Been thinking about "SCRIMSHAWING" Winnie the Pooh on my 1911-A1's IVORY grips, do you think that this may help? Have a problem with calling a gun or Firearm "EVIL"! I do see your point though and do agree.