Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: HB2756 Open Carry moves!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596

    HB2756 Open Carry moves!!!

    Were out of committee folks!!!
    The Lone Star CDL's bill is working. Lets keep it working and get this thing passed in the House.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13
    What is the senate companion bill #?

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    276
    Wonderful!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    160
    Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?

  5. #5
    Regular Member rushcreek2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs. CO
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Brion View Post
    Just curious. I'm not legal savy, and all that. If you have a NC CCP/CCW/CHP and Texas recognizes it. Can you OC? Also, does this allow you to just slap on a holster and walk around in the open with your Firearm OC? Or is this jsut a protection against printing and the like?
    HB2756 would REPEAL the Section 46.035 (a) provision that presently restricts LICENSED and other state RECOGNIZED concealed handgun permits to CONCEALED ONLY in Texas. If HB 2756 is enacted the Texas CHL will be modified into a handgun license-period. Still not restoration of the constitutional right to carry openly - but a first step in the right direction.

    If the bill is enacted , it will be interesting to see how licensed OC plays out in the Texas "Public Square". I think we will all be pleasantly surprized at the reception - compared to the levels of "issues" arising in the other 43 states.

  6. #6
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,004

    Good Luck

    All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC

    0-4
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida, USA
    Posts
    238
    Look Zach, remember how positive we were? Seems like only yesterday...oh yea, it was yesterday.

    And then they stepped on us like a bug.


    IMO guys, you want this to pass, you need a massive showing at the vote.

    I'd really rather move to Texas than Virginia.

    Get 'er done.
    Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran Schlitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,567
    I'm rootin' for you guys. FL took it hard yesterday from the ol' hammer and sickle.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alvin, Texas, USA
    Posts
    43

    House committee approves open carry of handguns


  10. #10
    Regular Member detroit_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Monroe, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    I'm going to refrain from getting too excited because FL ripped my heart out yesterday. Good luck TX, please let the other states know if we can help in any way.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    Texas is FAR more Likely to Appease The Open Carry Movement than..., say..., Florida.

    Needless to say though..., Similiar to The Circumstances found in South Carolina AND Arkansas, it seems Starnge that Texas will Allow Open Carry of Long Guns, but not of Handguns.

    Thereagain, though, what is Law is Law.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    grapevine,texas
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sprale View Post
    Wow! I figured (and hoped) that Texas would be first in line. To me, carry is carry, whether it is concealed or open. I like the idea because it would allow me to concealed carry legally, and if I accidentally display I would not get charged with anything. That makes real sense. Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.
    You make an excellent point! I too would welcome a law that would allow me to either open carry or conceal. As it stands now, if my gun becomes exposed, I could be arrested even though I have a CHL. Makes you almost nervous to carry!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock7 View Post
    Makes you almost nervous to carry!
    I constantly tug at my shirt because of this. It looks like I have some kind of OCD because of it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    I constantly tug at my shirt because of this. It looks like I have some kind of OCD because of it.
    Me too, constantly checking to be sure my shirt doesn't ride up and display an evil gun!

  16. #16
    Regular Member rushcreek2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs. CO
    Posts
    924
    It's just a bit silly that what could be construed as "failure to conceal" in Texas would require a concealed handgun permit in Colorado. Go figure.
    _________________________

    Lone Star Citizen's Defense League- working to get HB 2756 enacted.
    www.lonestarcdl.org
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 04-30-2011 at 07:01 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Provo, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by sprale View Post
    Besides, criminals will be deterred if they are not aware of the citizens concealed-carrying more than if they could easily see firearms at a glance.
    This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    This is not true. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any validity that open carry is less effective as a deterrent of crime.
    Maybe not, as more of a deterrant to CRIME, rather, more comfortable for the carrier. Gettin' hot right now and my "T" shirt is already stretched out of shape!!!
    Last edited by Cowboy_Rick; 05-07-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: punctuation

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    fort worth texas
    Posts
    5
    ]All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC and no doubt texas will fail to pass OC again

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum71 View Post
    ]All OC attempts have failed this year. OK, FL, AR, SC and no doubt texas will fail to pass OC again
    Let's wait and see! Might be a bit different this time-hopefully!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by sprale View Post
    Me too, constantly checking to be sure my shirt doesn't ride up and display an evil gun!
    Been thinking about "SCRIMSHAWING" Winnie the Pooh on my 1911-A1's IVORY grips, do you think that this may help? Have a problem with calling a gun or Firearm "EVIL"! I do see your point though and do agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •