• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrying Fishing, March/Protest Event..

Rick H

I want to get a open carry fishing march/protest event going and I need to know if open carry "fishing" applies to any and all fishing, lakes/ponds/oceans/rivers etc.. or only at certain places? and if any Open carriers want to get involved. This will/would be an all Weekend or longer event if possible and maybe multiple Events with people walking up and down roads in very well populated area open carrying their 2nd amendment right there in the open. Everybody will be walking back and forth to the Fishing area and back to their vehicle all day and night if possible. We need to show these jackasses that we are here and want open carry in this state and won't stop until we get it passed. or they get tired of hearing about us. We can get the Media involved nation wide as well. This is a great protest that can NOT be stopped.
Get this going in every City in this state, Think about it we still could win with this publicity.

Walk with sign that state we want our Second amendment Right and we will NOT stop until you comply.
Show them that they DID NOT win.................... yet.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Another form of protest might also be to NOT carry your CFL or either. FS 790.06 (1) states:

"The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court."

So what exactly is a "noncriminal violation"? Is that the same as a "civil" violation? If there's nothing criminal about it, police shouldn't be able to use it as a way to detain you.

mister45

Another form of protest might also be to NOT carry your CFL or either. FS 790.06 (1) states:

"The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court."

So what exactly is a "noncriminal violation"? Is that the same as a "civil" violation? If there's nothing criminal about it, police shouldn't be able to use it as a way to detain you.

I would not risk loosing my CCW license on such a act, It would just give the state more money to throw towards hindering and making more idiotic laws that are designed to hurt and restrict us.. I would suggest making or having made some magnetic signs and hang them on the your vehicles stating that the states law makers have once again restricted or taken away some of the rights of the citizens of the state... But be prepared to be hassled by the LEO if they realize what you are taking about...

Rick H

This is about open carry "Constitutional and/or permitted carry", This will be an act towards Constitutional Carry because nobody will be carrying a License nor do they have to under state law.

ZO6Vettever

Does this mean we can open carry with a "Ron Popeil Pocket Fisherman" in our pocket? Better yet, a "hand line with a little jig"! "I'm lookin' for a place to fish officer." I can almost hear the cuffs snap closed!:monkey

Rick H

This is the main reason we will never get open carry "permitted or otherwise". Nobody is willing to give up their free time for their FREEDOM, or to do anything to show this is what we want, They never stand up for their freedoms. But they will sit around and bitch that the government is taking all of their rights and this and that. HOW PATHETIC.
So why bitch about it? AMERICAN's ARE FREAKING PATHETIC and LAZY. and are losing this country for one reason. THEMSELVES.
So now, text back at me from your comfortable computer chair and tell me that i'm ignorant or my typing skill's suck or that you want to do something but i'm scared, I work to many hour, I'm broke or but but but. i i i, we we we
again PATHETIC.

77zach

This is the main reason we will never get open carry "permitted or otherwise". Nobody is willing to give up their free time for their FREEDOM, or to do anything to show this is what we want, They never stand up for their freedoms. But they will sit around and bitch that the government is taking all of their rights and this and that. HOW PATHETIC.
So why bitch about it? AMERICAN's ARE FREAKING PATHETIC and LAZY. and are losing this country for one reason. THEMSELVES.
So now, text back at me from your comfortable computer chair and tell me that i'm ignorant or my typing skill's suck or that you want to do something but i'm scared, I work to many hour, I'm broke or but but but. i i i, we we we
again PATHETIC.

I will come to an OC fish event. Don't know how to fish but I'll come and stick a pole in the water. I'm in Marion County.

What did you have planned? The Restrictions on OC really limit us. The "Luger" holster option needs to be further considered.

Last edited:

Rick H

I will come to an OC fish event. Don't know how to fish but I'll come and stick a pole in the water. I'm in Marion County.

What did you have planned? The Restrictions on OC really limit us. The "Luger" holster option needs to be further considered.

Thats all it will take. Once you put the line and hook into the water you are fishing and then you can go home.
But the problem is, we need to get a lot of people in all the counties to do this in order to make the statement and show the protest, and keep doing this over and over.
It's main point is that we will be walking up and down the streets carrying openly without a license and our pole will have picket signs. showing that nobody is getting shot, nobody is have a shootout in the middle of the town's etc.
Also I suggested something like the luger holster in another post and I think Stoogie said I would probably get arrested

Last edited:

Rick H

This will also show these jass acks they didn't win all the way, because we are still allowed to open carry.
Also this would bring National Attention to our cause "constitutional right"

Last edited:

Rick H

What is the "Luger Holster" option?

thumbnail.aspx

And I am buying one and I am going to wear it in open.

Last edited:

77zach

As I read the law, The luger holster option is completely legal. It may get you arrested. But it will not get you indicted. I think it has potentiial. Serious potential.

maps761

What is the "Luger Holster" option?

luger-holster.jpg

Since this type holster completely covers the pistol, it is concealed. Concealed carry is allowed by our overlords. Therefore, if we carry our pistols in a holster of this type, we are in compliance with the laws of our masters.

Rick H

Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
electronic weapons or devices
tear gas guns
knives
billies
This says nowhere about the holster of such item
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/about.html

Last edited:

Rick H

Hmmmm...wonder if it would hold a Glock 27 maybe with some modification?

Isn't that what the SS used to use?

You can go to any leather shop and have one made for your gun in mind, also with all the bells and whistle too.
I'm thinking about a low leg holster but made with the nylon style material

Last edited:

Rick H

If this works

If this works I might even start a business of such.
Custom opencarry/concealed holsters. Huuuummmmmm

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

I already do leatherwork and have fun making holsters. I think it's an awesome idea, but won't personally partake in providing such with this intent until I've seen it tested and supported legally.
And BTW, Yes, that is exactly what the germans used, for lugers earlier on, and something very similar for PPKs later. Italians used an almost identical version for their officer issue m1934s. You can still find both on gunbroker.com fairly commonly if you want something with class and history. Careful though, some of those let the bottom of the grip show out the side, which would get you for 'flashing' or other exposure.

This said. I HAVE been thinking of making something in the same vein of thought...
Something non-gun-shaped... not a packing-fanny-pack, but a small leather container(holster?), square/rectangular, only just large enough to hold the gun and a spare magazine, with loops/structure inside to hold the gun securely, and just a simple flap with perhaps a snap/velcro closure.

Sure it's not something you see everyday, but a small leather beltpouch on your hip surely wouldn't justify "reasonable suspicion"?

Rick H

I already do leatherwork and have fun making holsters. I think it's an awesome idea, but won't personally partake in providing such with this intent until I've seen it tested and supported legally.
And BTW, Yes, that is exactly what the germans used, for lugers earlier on, and something very similar for PPKs later. Italians used an almost identical version for their officer issue m1934s. You can still find both on gunbroker.com fairly commonly if you want something with class and history. Careful though, some of those let the bottom of the grip show out the side, which would get you for 'flashing' or other exposure.

This said. I HAVE been thinking of making something in the same vein of thought...
Something non-gun-shaped... not a packing-fanny-pack, but a small leather container(holster?), square/rectangular, only just large enough to hold the gun and a spare magazine, with loops/structure inside to hold the gun securely, and just a simple flap with perhaps a snap/velcro closure.

Sure it's not something you see everyday, but a small leather beltpouch on your hip surely wouldn't justify "reasonable suspicion"?

I do believe that his is 100% legal because shape has nothing to do with anything, Women carry purses and they are not in violation so this would and could be construed as the same.
It is a concealed compartment extended to ones body. Making it legal

Last edited:

77zach

Indeed.

If you carried a gun in a luger holster wrapped around your shoulder like a satchel or purse it wouldn't get any attention.

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S ON YOUR HIP THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW.

Last edited: