Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 2nd Amendment Advocates Across The US Have Much To Be Proud Of In California

  1. #1
    Regular Member Black Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, California, United States
    Posts
    73

    2nd Amendment Advocates Across The US Have Much To Be Proud Of In California

    Those 2nd Amendment activists across the country who believe that California is a lost cause now have reason to change their perspective.

    http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-of-california

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Another good article, keep it up and thanks for keeping us informed.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    Thank you Chau.

    If we(all gun rights groups) and supporters, would work together instead of always butting head, we can get things done.
    This was NOT an open carry issue, it was a total ban on gun stores. Together, the OC groups, Cal Guns, Tea party, NRA, VFW, and many other citizens came together in the fight for this.

    Together, WE can make a difference.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    73
    Good article.

    But from my perspective as a non-Californian who loves California the biggest thorn in my side about CA gun laws is that non-CA residents are really second class citizens ie the only thing worse than being a CA gun enthusiast is to be non-CA gun enthusiast visiting CA.

    Think about it. Many CA counties are actually very gun friendly, but state law prohibits non-CA residents from even applying for CA CC permits while not honoring their home state permit. I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that any OC allowed in CA is also prohibited for non-CA residents.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by district9 View Post
    Good article.

    But from my perspective as a non-Californian who loves California the biggest thorn in my side about CA gun laws is that non-CA residents are really second class citizens ie the only thing worse than being a CA gun enthusiast is to be non-CA gun enthusiast visiting CA.

    Think about it. Many CA counties are actually very gun friendly, but state law prohibits non-CA residents from even applying for CA CC permits while not honoring their home state permit. I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that any OC allowed in CA is also prohibited for non-CA residents.
    OC is legal for everyone, resident or not. OC does not require a licence, nor does it re any form of ID. So how can they say your are /are not a resident of CA?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    OC is legal for everyone, resident or not. OC does not require a licence, nor does it re any form of ID. So how can they say your are /are not a resident of CA?
    Thanks for that info. You're referring to unloaded OC only, right? IIRC loaded OC is permitted in counties under 200,000 population, but that requires a CC permit, right? Which again is not available for non-residents.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    Yes, I am ref to UOC only. As for LOC, you will have to wait until someone from a good county can answer that part of your question.

  8. #8
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by district9 View Post
    Thanks for that info. You're referring to unloaded OC only, right? IIRC loaded OC is permitted in counties under 200,000 population, but that requires a CC permit, right? Which again is not available for non-residents.
    There are two types of licenses made available in the California Penal Code. One authorizes concealed carry, the other authorizes loaded and exposed carry. The latter is only available in counties that have a population of less than 200K people- but no one I know is aware of any issuing agency that has ever issued one. Neither of these licenses are required to lawfully transport a holstered firearm.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  9. #9
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    The latter is only available in counties that have a population of less than 200K people- but no one I know is aware of any issuing agency that has ever issued one.
    The only one I've ever heard of is the one that supposedly sparked AB1934

  10. #10
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    The only one I've ever heard of is the one that supposedly sparked AB1934
    If I recall correctly, AB1934 was a retread of 2003 legislation, revived as a response to a mass open carry event in San Diego held in February 2009. I dont believe there was any sort of licensing issue being used as a catalyst for Saldana's bill.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  11. #11
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    If I recall correctly, AB1934 was a retread of 2003 legislation, revived as a response to a mass open carry event in San Diego held in February 2009. I dont believe there was any sort of licensing issue being used as a catalyst for Saldana's bill.
    For some reason my memory of the involvement is sketchy (early alzheimer's?) but I remember there being a big hub-bub from LAPD wanting to arrest an LOCer who was carrying on an 12050 LOC license...but they couldn't. I can't remember if it was brought up here or at CalGuns...

  12. #12
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    For some reason my memory of the involvement is sketchy (early alzheimer's?) but I remember there being a big hub-bub from LAPD wanting to arrest an LOCer who was carrying on an 12050 LOC license...but they couldn't. I can't remember if it was brought up here or at CalGuns...
    Actually, I remember this. The 12050 license hub-bub you are refering to was due to those licensed to conceal carrying, carrying their loaded weapons exposed. This resulted in legislation that altered the code in such a way as to preclude open carry while licensed to conceal carry. Im pretty certain this was covered over on Calguns. Prior to this, the license exemptions applied whether or not you chose to conceal.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    204
    Good to know. Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •